World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies | Page 15 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies

gmyers

Record Breaker
Adelina is just 16 years old. Give her a break. She's a much better skater at that age then Korpi could ever have dreamed of being and if she skates clean she will beat Korpi now.

16 year old skaters can perform very well. 16 year olds can also improve. I know what youre saying about her being 16 but either you can perform or you can't and that's true for whatever age you are at any time. 16 year olds are doing better in free skates than sotnikova every single competition except euros I guess but the fact that she is 16 is meaningless.

You're thinking of 2012 Russian Nationals where Julia beat her. I'm saying 2011 Russian Nationals where she won the free.

You are correct!! But there she wasn't so intent on doing flips she has such severe troubles with. There it was one flip in the FS and she should go back to one flip in the FS because her flip is her worst jump and she can barely do it and it's so random and she needs to stop it because her flip is her weakest aspect in skating. So many skaters have minimized their worst jump she maximixes her worst jump and attaches 3 jump combos to it which she can never achieve and she didn't achieve it here because while she fell on her first flip she landed the second but it was very weak and she didn't do the three jump combo. She can't ever do a three jump combo! Just leaving points on the table in a very foolish mistake of planning by a terrible coach.

zamboni step

Final Flight
you forgot the panelist and judges were very strict at junior Worlds where the skaters got major Downgrades, edge calls and Urs
the scoring here was very lenient like Akiko scoring higher FS than Gracie
The edge calls on Julia's flips were the only thing the tech panel hit her with and those were deserving. And honestly Julia is a statue when she skates her long. I like how they packaged her in the short but the long doesn't work at all.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The edge calls on Julia's flips were the only thing the tech panel hit her with and those were deserving. And honestly Julia is a statue when she skates her long. I like how they packaged her in the short but the long doesn't work at all.

she singled 3T in SP and doubled the 3S in FS
3 points off by doubling in FS needed to win against tiny jump Radionova.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You are correct!! But there she wasn't so intent on doing flips she has such severe troubles with. There it was one flip in the FS and she should go back to one flip in the FS because her flip is her worst jump and she can barely do it and it's so random and she needs to stop it because her flip is her weakest aspect in skating. So many skaters have minimized their worst jump she maximixes her worst jump and attaches 3 jump combos to it which she can never achieve and she didn't achieve it here because while she fell on her first flip she landed the second but it was very weak and she didn't do the three jump combo. She can't ever do a three jump combo! Just leaving points on the table in a very foolish mistake of planning by a terrible coach.

this. I am really surprised her Team and coached havent figured out that her Flip is her weakest Jump
they should never maximize it and attach combos for a weak jump

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
When is the Gala - does anybody know?

April 14th 1:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

Congrats to Team USA, Team Canada and Team Japan!

Top three ladies were absolutely fabulous!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
GRACIE CONSISTENT?!!??!?! :laugh::laugh::laugh: She's been up and down all season. Which is fine for someone getting used to seniors...why can't Adelina have the chance? She is getting better.

Gracie has improved greatly over this year. She started out slowly at SC (151.57), won a silver medal at CoR (175.03), was top 6 at 4CC (166.66), top 6 at Worlds (184.25), and 3rd at WTT (188.03). She has great jumps, spins and footwork, and has gradually improved her presentation (though that still needs work).

vera01

Final Flight
you forgot the panelist and judges were very strict at junior Worlds where the skaters got major Downgrades, edge calls and Urs, Julia lost about 3 points doubling the Salchow and would have won against Radionova. the scoring here was very lenient like Akiko scoring higher FS than Gracie

Judges were very strict at Worlds, too. And Radionova doubled her flip in short, so if both skaters are clean, Radionova would beat Julia on both PCS and TES.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I dont get this Julia is worst than Adelina in jumps, sure Adelina has big jumps but lets see

Adelina has a Flutz and cannot rotate the 3T combo, her Flip is unstable - pops or falls and shaky 2A-3T
Adelina's weak jump is a Flutz, 3Flip and 2A-3T

Julia has been credited with a Lutz this season, her 3 Flip gets an e call but she doesn't pop or Fall from it, she has solid 2A-3T which gets her +GOE's
Julia's weak jumps is 3S and 2A

vera01

Final Flight
Is there anything wrong with Mao? It seems like she's sick.

I'm surprised that they were strict to Mao-I thought they would be more generous since it's a post-Worlds event.

LRK

Record Breaker
April 14th 1:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

Congrats to Team USA, Team Canada and Team Japan!

Top three ladies were absolutely fabulous!

Thanks :) - I'll have to figure out what that is in Central European Time - ack my non-existent math skills... :)

ETA - All right, I've got it to 7:00 A.M CET - I hope I'm correct. :)

vera01

Final Flight
I dont get this Julia is worst than Adelina is jumps, sure Adelina has big jumps but lets see

Adelina has a Flutz and cannot rotate the 3T combo, her Flip is unstable - pops or falls and shaky 2A-3T
Adelina's weak jump is a Flutz, 3Flip and 2A-3T

Julia has been credited with a Lutz this season, her 3 Flip gets an e call but she doesn't pop or Fall from it, she has solid 2A-3T which gets her +GOE's
Julia's weak jumps is 3S and 2A

She received 3 edge calls on her Lutz this season:
TEB SP:http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2012/gpfra2012_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
TEB FS:http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2012/gpfra2012_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

And she is expressionless when she skates-she doesn't even try to smile. So it's not only her jumps that would prevent her from being a top skater, but every category of PCS except SS and TR would, too.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Gracie has improved greatly over this year. She started out slowly at SC (151.57), won a silver medal at CoR (175.03), was top 6 at 4CC (166.66), top 6 at Worlds (184.25), and 3rd at WTT (188.03). She has great jumps, spins and footwork, and has gradually improved her presentation (though that still needs work).

That was my point, she's building just like Adelina so to judge one and not the other is unfair.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She received 3 edge calls on her Lutz this season:
TEB SP:http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2012/gpfra2012_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
TEB FS:http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2012/gpfra2012_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

And she is expressionless when she skates-she doesn't even try to smile. So it's not only her jumps that would prevent her from being a top skater, but every category of PCS except SS and TR would, too.

I said she has been credited I didn't mean all been credited
contrary to Adelinas Flutz which she has gotten all season

Consistency is what will make you win in Ladies especially if you are not one of the Top 3
once you get consistent your PCS will rise.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Sotnikova has really moved into having three problem jumps. Flutz, triple toes in combo and Flip. The edge call is an automatic deduction so reduction in base values. The toe is only done in combos and she can't rotate it off the flutz or double axel. The flip is fine but it defines inconsistency in skating. So is the triple toe the problem or how she does the double axel or flutz? She can reduce the flip numbers. Previously she would take to edge calls. But now did they do the math and say two edge calls is equal to a fall on the flip? How about doing a triple loop? Loops really aren't worth that much less than flips. But I think I remember having some problems on loops. She can be seen as having a problem on every jump she does. It is just how big are the problems and which can be done with the least damage because jumps are such a huge problem for her.