World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies | Page 7 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I enjoy Gabrielle Daleman skating :) She has an amazing speed across the ice and a natural charm. All I thing, she needs it's a better choreography coach, because she have the package deal (great spins, jumps and speed). She can be Canada number 2 for Sochi maybe.

rvi5

On the Ice
She seems to get a little excited, and needs to control her energy. However, she does have great potential for the future.

Icey

Record Breaker
When Ashley went to Nicks, she said that down the road she might work again with Hill. Maybe this is the year she will.

Trewyn

Medalist
Hence maybe the "easy" part....

Exactly! She skated far from her best in the LP at Nats and still ended up champion, a little bit 'by default'. I expect the competition to be fiercer next year, but I also expect her to be equally fierce ;)

I don't think going back to Hill would work for Ashley, but then again, only Ashley knows what's right for her. Mills has done really good choreography for her, two years in a row, plus the wonderful 'Somewhere in time' SP (many seasons ago). But maybe Ashley needs her 'Yoda' too...

ETA:
When is the ladies FS?
It's tomorrow!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Funny enough, the Gold really might come down to C/B beating W/P as I think USA might just edge out Canada by 1 or 2 points. C/S could also help seal a USA gold if they move up in pairs, but it's hard to picture them beating out the Chinese or French pairs.

It's gonna be a nailbiter I'm thinking, though... anyone knows what happens if two teams tie?

Tie breaker is highest individual placements, I think.

Four points is a huge amount in dance. I think Chock and Bates will hold on.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Four points is a huge amount in dance. I think Chock and Bates will hold on.

Oh, they did. I'm saying that C/B's surprise win over W/P could be the deciding factor in the Team Gold, since an extra point to Canada and a point lost from USA could be the difference.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

When forming the intermediate and final result, in case of a tie between Teams, the tie breaking procedure will be used taking into consideration
• The highest total team points from the two (2) best places in different disciplines will break the ties;
• If they remain tied, the highest total scores of the two (2) best places according to the team points in different disciplines will break the ties;
• If they remain tied, the highest total team points from the three (3) best places in different disciplines will break the ties;
• If they remain tied, the highest total scores of the three (3) best places according to the team points in different disciplines will break the ties;
• If these criteria fail to break the ties, the teams will be considered as tied.

wait Wagner left nicks ?

I thought the question in the air is whether/when Mr. Nicks will retire?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Right now, the team standings are:

USA 54
CAN 50
JPN 48
RUS 42
FRA 35
CHN 32

These standings include the SP results for Pairs and Ladies. If the Pairs and Ladies results remain as they are, then USA wins the team event.

Pairs won't change the standings much, unless Castelli/Shnapir beat the Chinese in the FS and move up one place. The Russians, Canadians and French should keep their points from the SP; it's unlikely that the Canadians can overtake the Russians.

Canada could move up if Osmond and Daleman can improve their placements while Wagner and Gold slip lower. But I don't think that will happen.

IMO, Suzuki and Sotnikova will place 1-2, Asada 3rd, Wagner and Gold 4-5, then Li, Osmond, Tuktamysheva, Meite, Zhang, Gilleron-Gorry and Daleman.

Final team result:
USA 53
JPN 51
CAN 50
RUS 43
CHN 33
FRA 32

When forming the intermediate and final result, in case of a tie between Teams, the tie breaking procedure will be used taking into consideration
• The highest total team points from the two (2) best places in different disciplines will break the ties;
• If they remain tied, the highest total scores of the two (2) best places according to the team points in different disciplines will break the ties;
• If they remain tied, the highest total team points from the three (3) best places in different disciplines will break the ties;
• If they remain tied, the highest total scores of the three (3) best places according to the team points in different disciplines will break the ties;
• If these criteria fail to break the ties, the teams will be considered as tied.

Thanks for the info! :rock:

So right now, on the first tie-breaker it's still tied. Canada 22 off Chan and Duhamel/Radfird, USA 22 form Chock/Bates and Gold. :laugh:

On the second tie-break Canada should win easily because of Chan's point total.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Right now, the team standings are:

USA 54
CAN 50
JPN 48
RUS 42
FRA 35
CHN 32

These standings include the SP results for Pairs and Ladies. If the Pairs and Ladies results remain as they are, then USA wins the team event.

Pairs won't change the standings much, unless Castelli/Shnapir beat the Chinese in the FS and move up one place. The Russians, Canadians and French should keep their points from the SP; it's unlikely that the Canadians can overtake the Russians.

Canada could move up if Osmond and Daleman can improve their placements while Wagner and Gold slip lower. But I don't think that will happen.

IMO, Suzuki and Sotnikova will place 1-2, Asada 3rd, Wagner and Gold 4-5, then Li, Osmond, Tuktamysheva, Meite, Zhang, Gilleron-Gorry and Daleman.

Final team result:
USA 53
JPN 51
CAN 50
RUS 43
CHN 33
FRA 32

USA currently has 55. And Mao will likely beat Gold/Wagner in the FS, dropping them to 53. Osmond should move up one spot, Daleman should also move up one spot, but that's still 53-52. Osmond needs to move up two spots, which will be hard for her, and would require either Gold or Wagner to skate really poorly.

I agree with chuckm's analysis (except USA has 55 points now, not 54 :) ). USA will lose two points in ladies, with Mao beating both Gold and Wagner. USA had a chance to get one point back in pairs.

For Canada, Osmond might move ahead of Meite, but is equally likely to place below Li. Daleman might move up 1 place.

Best guess: USA 53, Canada 51.

Japan 50. But wait! The Japanese Skating Federation whisks in a couple of cute children to skate a pairs routine. They finish last and get 7 points...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Random Stuff: Did the technical panel just hold a Daisuke Fan Clear File? And they eat Ferrero Rocher during the competition, good to know their favourite chocolate. In case we need it. ;)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I just missed most of Daleman's skate since I got distracted by something else.. she looks disappointed though.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Gabrielle DALEMAN (CAN)

Music: Piano Trio Opus 90 Dumky by A. Dvorak

3T+3T
3Lz - hand down
3F - fall
2A
LSp
3Lz+2T
3S - fall
2A - turnout
CCoSp
StSq
ChSq
FCSp

Good start, but some mistakes (2 fall) afterwards. Nice to see her attack and rotate thing, but she needs to reign it in.

FS: 48.35 + 45.65 - 2.00 = 92.00
Tot: 140.82, in 1st (out of 2)