World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies | Page 9 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Shocking performance by Tuk. If she does not get her weight under control, she will go the way of Rachael Flatt.

Another great skate though from Li Zijun.

It is not her weight but her nerves. She said it in the K&C..She said she wasn't confident while skating

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Osmond panics skating not in Home Ice where she wont get inflated scores
unlike skating in Canada where with 2 falls she gets a 115+

figuristka

Medalist
Li is such a beautiful delicate skater. Maybe not the speed and power of Yuna but lovely. Kaetlyn skated quite well, not far off her seasons best. I really think she has superb expression, she can command your attention and has great transitions. I always enjoy watching her.

zamboni step

Final Flight

I've noticed you saying this quite a lot during my lurking period. Honestly I think it's coincidence, she fell in Skate Canada and at Nationals. I will agree Skate Canada and Nationals were inflated but what can you expect from a Nationals competition? Worlds she was scored fairly at though.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I've noticed you saying this quite a lot during my lurking period. Honestly I think it's coincidence, she fell in Skate Canada and at Nationals. I will agree Skate Canada and Nationals were inflated but what can you expect from a Nationals competition? Worlds she was scored fairly at though.

she skated on the last Group though but she had 2 falls
115+ was inflated

zamboni step

Final Flight
115+ was inflated

But she score 112. Which is a little high but not all that much considering she got the rotation on most jumps and (unfortunately) that's the name of the game under this system.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA)

Music: Abou Simbel; Hassan Prince du Desert from Zafara by Laurent Perez Del Mar; Yulunga; Serpent's Egg by Dead Can Dance; Belphegor (soundtrack)

3F - looked e
3Lz - fall
3Lo - stepout
2A
StSq
CCoSp
2A+3T+2T
ChSq
3Lo+1T - turn in-between
3T
LSp
FCoSp

Some mistakes, but there were some solid jumps. She might fall a bit in the standings

FS: 51.05 + 51.15 - 1.00 = 101.20
Tot: 159.71, in 3rd (out of 7)

zamboni step

Final Flight
Anyway I thought Meite looked a little cautious out there which is a shame because I think this program was a great step forward for her.

figuristka

Medalist
115+ was inflated

This contradicts you saying "as usual Osmond falls not skating in Canada" She fell less here but doubling a jump and missing the 3 toe on the combination would take away quite alot of points. She was not far off 115 and rotating a jump and falling would make up more.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker

Maybe it's not because she thinks she won't get inflated scores *eyeroll* It could be because she's not that used to travelling far for big competitions!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Gracie hopefully lands all triples and stays on the podium
she will pass Wagner next Season as No.1 US lady.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mao ASADA (JPN)

Music: Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky

2A - twofooted
3F+3Lo - looked nice, 3Lo looked about < on replay
3Lz - e
3Lo
FCCoSp
2A+2T - stepout
3S
CCoSp
3F+2Lo+2Lo - the last jumps looked UR
FCSp
StSq
ChSq

Some mistakes, but her 3-3 looked awesome. Hope it isn't UR

FS: 53.38 + 64.59 = 117.97
Tot: 177.36, in 1st (out of 8)

Quite low score, must have gotten UR's

Mao88

Record Breaker
Apart from the landing on her 3A attempt and the step out on the second part of her 2A+2T combination, that was a very good skate by Mao

zschultz1986

Final Flight
I could care less about possible URs... Mao Asada's skating, when she's on, is some of the most joyous effervescence I have ever seen. I absolutely adore her.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Gracie hopefully lands all triples and stays on the podium
she will pass Wagner next Season as No.1 US lady.

I sure wish I had your powers to see into the future. It's quite incredible the things you see with your magical powers....

zamboni step

Final Flight
That 3F-3L looked damn close to being rotated YAY, either that or me being tired is taking its tole on my eyes. :biggrin: