2013 World Team Trophy Ice Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 World Team Trophy Ice Dance

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Thank you Doris. Igor is getting busy! I really like the work he has done with his teams. (the Shibs should have gone with him...)
Madison and Evan were really great and deserved the lead considering the mistakes W/P did. I just hate Madison's dress, she is stunning but she gets buried in that dress. Also good score for M/K. Zhulin is working hard with them for that third spot. R/T did well in going to Igor, they need to upgrade the levels to hold on that third place. I/K might get lost in the mix with all the Russian couples upgrading fast.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^Thanks Mao88 I will watch when I get home from work.

Can't wait to see C/B and M/K. Good score for the Reeds, usually they are in last. Looking forward to seeing the improvements they
have made. To bad about W/P. The loss of training due to Kaitlyn's injury seems to be affecting them some, but it is a good score
overall for them.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Chris Reed actually did a pretty good set of twizzles (I'm not sure whether I've ever seen him really do that) :)

In fact, though they are 3 points behind M&K, third place is not impossible if they skate their Beatles FD as well.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Dance event was boring. Six top couples are not competing here, so it's kind of understandable that the event is much less exciting. Canadians skated wider, but they were rather dull and not impressive. C/B were slightly more colourful but not that super. RusFed should have sent S/B instead of M/K. The young Russians would be still 3rd I guess but at least they would have brought some spice with their big curves on the ice performed by tall, long-legged dancers.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
S&B probably didn't want to learn the Yankee Polka just for one event...RusFed probably had no choice to send them.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dance event was boring. Six top couples are not competing here, so it's kind of understandable that the event is much less exciting. Canadians skated wider, but they were rather dull and not impressive. C/B were slightly more colourful but not that super. RusFed should have sent S/B instead of M/K. The young Russians would be still 3rd I guess but at least they would have brought some spice with their big curves on the ice performed by tall, long-legged dancers.

You do know that the Juniors SD was not the Yankee Polka right?

gmyers

Record Breaker
I know they only competed at Russian nationals and don't know what they are doing now but Gorshkova/ BUitikov would've been nice to see!!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Great skate by C/B! Definitely deserving of the lead.

Augh, W/P just can't seem to get a break eh... with the stumble on the twizzles and extended lift. Hope they have a strong FD, because they really can't afford to lose to C/B.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
C/B have a 4.12 lead, and theirs and W/P's FS scores were close at Worlds: 98.66 W/P and 97.19 C/B. Should be a cliffhanger tonight.

Mao88

Record Breaker

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
C/B have a 4.12 lead, and theirs and W/P's FS scores were close at Worlds: 98.66 W/P and 97.19 C/B. Should be a cliffhanger tonight.

Not really; if it was that close with C and B with such a huge lead C and B will have yet another victory to celebrate. They really came on strong; could they win oly bronze???? Look at their tech elements - they can skate with like the big boys and girls and I am not talking W and P either think big, think Oly glory.

LRK

Record Breaker
So a question.... I never watch ice dancing - and am watching now - so what is the likelihood of everyone just ending up in the positions they are in already? So far that seems to be the way it's going. Is that the way it usually is, or... ?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think we've just seen the future!

Akiko's not going to retire after Sochi after all. She's going to find herself a bloke and go Ice Dancing!!! ;) :biggrin:

And Mao is going to follow suit when she eventually to retire from singles skating (hopefully not straight after Sochi...) ;) :biggrin:

Or, maybe that is just wishful thinking from somebody who is a big fan of both of them... ;)

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: If you are wondering what I'm on about, watch the highlights and results of Cathy and Chris' Free Dance.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
another shocker Monko/Khaliavin finishing 3rd who are nobodies and haven't accomplished much compared to say Sinitsina/Zhiganshin whom they also beat.

Chock/Bates should win this easily, Weaver/Poje are boring.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wait.. it seems like W/P made a mistake:(

Personally, I wasn't sure if Kaitlyn being on the ground was a mistake or just part of the choreography...

Loved the audience's rendition of "Happy Birthday" for Kaitlyn!!! ;) :biggrin:

Aww, and her team-mates gave her a cake!!! :party:

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!!! :hb:

From Gordon (CaroLiza_fan)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I fully expected M/K to finish 3rd, where else would they have finished? And nobodies? What exactly have S/Z accomplished that M/K haven't? A medal at RC and that's it. If I was a skater I would hate to have sky_fly20 as a fan.