2013 World Team Trophy Ice Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 World Team Trophy Ice Dance

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
W/P's FD was rather boring---the concept of a statue coming to life and then going back to a statue is not new. The music didn't help lift the idea into something interesting, as it droned along in its tinkly romantic way with no real highs or lows. W/P do not do well with soft and misty. They need strong music and a dynamic interaction between them.
Sound of Music was sophomoric, followed by the soporific free dance. I hope W/P will dispense with the schmaltz for next season.

W/P certainly did NOT have the better performance--they were slow and cautious, but made mistakes anyway, as they fought through the twizzles and then she fell. Clearly, doing two events in one month was not the best thing for Kaitlyn's recovery.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
At the beginning of the seasons, everyone started out tabula rasa and B/S beat the crap out of them. At the 2end of the seasons, B/S are world medalists. I don't see W/P beating B/S and C/L ever again. They can stay for another 4 years and will not medal. They might not even beat C/B ever again.
I/K on a good day will kick their *** as well.

So basically the same position now for the next 4 years.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
W/P's FD was rather boring---the concept of a statue coming to life and then going back to a statue is not new. The music didn't help lift the idea into something interesting, as it droned along in its tinkly romantic way with no real highs or lows. W/P do not do well with soft and misty. They need strong music and a dynamic interaction between them.
Sound of Music was sophomoric, followed by the soporific free dance. I hope W/P will dispense with the schmaltz for next season. .

I have to say I agree, chuckm. I thought W/P's programs this year were a big step back from the previous year and just really didnt play to their strengths. Kaitlyn in particular is expressive and dramatic, and I think she does best with fiery, emotional, strong music. Neither of this years programs fit the bill.

herios

Medalist
At the beginning of the seasons, everyone started out tabula rasa and B/S beat the crap out of them. At the 2end of the seasons, B/S are world medalists. I don't see W/P beating B/S and C/L ever again. They can stay for another 4 years and will not medal. They might not even beat C/B ever again.
I/K on a good day will kick their **

* as well.

So basically the same position now for the next 4 years.

The results at this event, ususally mean absolutely nothing when it comes to next season. You cannot rely on them. A new ball game starts. And by the way, in ice dancing there is a lot of movement in the world rankings from 3rd down.

herios

Medalist
WTT is a Team Event RC is not, I think its just iffy they have the same height though

Kirill Khaliavin is taller with 7 cm than Monko, they are not the same height. We have seen teams more even in height, like Denkova / Stavyski and that didn't prevent them to become world champions. I am expecting M/K to be in the mix for the team next year, despite your bashing.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Worlds was on HOME ICE, and that is what boosted W/P in the standings there. But C/B wasn't far behind, and they have been improving with every competition. They've been together only a year and a half, and they have made tremendous strides this season.

ita. W/P were gifted on Home Ice inflated scoring at Worlds
here they didnt have that and lost to C/B by next Season C/B will beat them in PCS too.

they say W/P are beautiful dancers but are actually boring.
they are tanking and will follow the Shibutani route.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
ita. W/P were gifted on Home Ice inflated scoring at Worlds
here they didnt have that and lost to C/B by next Season C/B will beat them in PCS too.

they say W/P are beautiful dancers but are actually boring.
they are tanking and will follow the Shibutani route.

Actually with the right programs, W/P are beautiful skaters, with some of the most innovative lifts I've ever seen in ice dancing. They went out of their wheelhouse this year with their long program, and it simply did not work for them. And the injury was like the final nail (in the ankle?). But that is a very big difference from the kind of denigration you seem to relish.

Of course at this point, it's all tabla rasa until we see the new programs. So who knows what will happen?

On the other hand, as a dedicated ice dancing fan and a New Yorker, I am thrilled to see that, once again, American ice dancers come out on top for their team. :bow:

Ain't it about time they got the recognition and appreciation they deserve?

:clap: