Jeremy Abbott | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Jeremy Abbott

deedee1

Record Breaker
Here's an extensive and interesting interview with Jeremy's Mom, Allison Scott, that just went live today:

http://priscillagilman.com/2014/02/a-conversation-with-allison-scott-mom-of-olympian-jeremy-abbott/

Thanks indeed for posting, wordsworthgirl! :) As one of many many big fans in the world of Jeremy's skating myself, appreciate it a lot. Especially right after Team event Day 1 in Sochi was over.

A great read, really. Jeremy is very lucky to have such a sweet mom and family. :yes: There is one full week until Mens competition begins. I sincerely hope that with support from his family (and Yuka/Jason of course), Jeremy can get rested well and enough, leave it behind, then on his feet again to compete there, and have two great skates that he can be proud of and feel satisfied with. Good luck to Jeremy in Mens individual competition at Sochi Games! :yay:

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Thanks indeed for posting, wordsworthgirl! :) As one of many many big fans in the world of Jeremy's skating myself, appreciate it a lot. Especially right after Team event Day 1 in Sochi was over.

A great read, really. Jeremy is very lucky to have such a sweet mom and family. :yes: There is one full week until Mens competition begins. I sincerely hope that with support from his family (and Yuka/Jason of course), Jeremy can get rested well and enough, leave it behind, then on his feet again to compete there, and have two great skates that he can be proud of and feel satisfied with. Good luck to Jeremy in Mens individual competition at Sochi Games! :yay:

I completely agree with you re his wonderful Mom and join with you in wishing him the best of luck!

coppertop1

On the Ice
I can't believe he was able to get up and finish, never mind skate cleanly! I think all his critics owe him an apology after that. That's toughness!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
What a dramatic way to find his courage and show the bashers wrong!

Keep the toughness and never-give-up mindset, Jeremy. But stay healthy, 'K? You have the LP to go and to show the new you again.

GO Jeremy go!

coppertop1

On the Ice
What a dramatic way to find his courage and show the bashers wrong!

Keep the toughness and never-give-up mindset, Jeremy. But stay healthy, 'K? You have the LP to go and to show the new you again.

GO Jeremy go!

After the bashing he was getting after SP in the team event (Seriously, he had to skate after Evgeni Plushenko IN RUSSIA AT THE OLYMPICS! That's a tall order for anyone), I was hoping he'd have a great skate and show everyone what he's made of. Well, he did that in a dramatic fashion! That was unbelievable. That has to be the worst type of fall and he kept going! That's determination! If he stopped, no doubt the bashers would say see we wasted a berth blah blah blah he wimped out, ignoring that he was injured and COULD NOT compete. Great to see the crowd get behind him.

aschiutza

On the Ice
I hop ehis injury is not so bad and he can skate a good free. I hate to see skaters getting injured at the most important event of their life... Good luck to him!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Jeremy for helping to get 3 spots back for the US and
for your beautifully skated programs! Good luck to you in your future endeavors!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Who needs idols when we have such great role models as Jeremy and other men that showed their grits today in Saitama?
You fall, get up and move on. I am so happy Jeremy has the skate of his international career here.

cdngirl

On the Ice
Congratulations Jeremy. I almost cried at the end of the program when I saw how overwhelmed he looked at the reaction from the audience. Great skate and I wish you had made the podium. Beautiful, moving and well done.

alicetang

Rinkside
great final skate for jeremy to end his career with!! i cried tears of joy when his program ended. he's such an amazing skater and refined young man. his heart is in the right place and i wish him luck in the next chapter of his life!! it's always sad to see someone you've known for so long go. thank you jeremy for being one of my role models growing up and helping me find my own self through skating!! :"")

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I take it his dad had Parkinson's?

Our thoughts and prayers are with Jeremy and his family.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I take it his dad had Parkinson's?

Our thoughts and prayers are with Jeremy and his family.

Yes, I believe so. The skating show in December that he took part in was to raise money for its research.

The Skating Lesson also tweeted this:

Our thoughts are with @jeremyabbottpcf following the passing of his father <3

Nothing but positive energy and thoughts for him and his family.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I take it his dad had Parkinson's? ...

Correct. An article promoting this year's edition of "Aspen on Ice" referred to Abbott's father as having "end-stage" Parkinson's, IIRC.

And BTW, to promote the 2013 show, the official Michael J. Fox foundation blog or website had a long item about Aspen on Ice and about Jeremy's motivation to spearhead the event as a fundraiser for the foundation.

Condolences to the Abbott family.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
So sorry to hear about the passing of Jeremy's dad. My condolences to Jeremy and his family.