Nicole Bobek Performance at Lake Worth, FL | Golden Skate

Nicole Bobek Performance at Lake Worth, FL

tulosai

Record Breaker
She has INCREDIBLE arm strength. I wonder if she's thought of trying aerial silks... she really could maybe join a cirque like troupe if she wanted, with arms like that.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Wow, that was amazing! Really lovely and intricate. I really like this marriage of cirque and skating!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The part where she has only one leg holding on while it's spinning up high, whoah.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That was awesome! So awesome that Nicole is doing some creative and fun things. :) And yes that spiral! :love:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
she was the stunner of the three-mk, tara and herself. MK pushed her spiral to compete with Nicole, though Nicole's is a true spiral from the hip. second only to sasha. NB is beautiful-wow-she made the most of her second chance...that routine would be a fave on the old tours, sigh...I always thought she was special...youth was wasted on her tho, sadly.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
This performance made me go back and watched a few of NB performances. NB is really special. Her music choices are also way better than the current crop of girls.
Sure, she's inconsistent as hell, but she's more interesting than most American girls.

When on, they are willing to put her on top of Lu Chen and Michelle. Should have no problem clearing Tara as well since she was doing 3Lutz-3Toe. Would be one of the best in that era had she been more serious about her skating.

She's a more polished version of Tonya.

WOW!!!

So good to see Nicole back in top form. She was always one of the most frustrating skaters because she clearly had such natural talent, as did Christopher Bowman, and she didn't back it up with hard work. (Another reason I admire skaters like YuNa, who have gifts no one else does and who work nonstop to develop and maintain them.) Now Nicole seems willing and able to do the labor and stay disciplined. I hope she gets new opportunities and is able to hold onto them.