Skate for Hope - Columbus OH- June 15, 2013 | Golden Skate

Skate for Hope - Columbus OH- June 15, 2013

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Here is a link to a wonderful show which has raised $430,000 for breast cancer research over the last 10 years.

http://www.skateforhope.org/site/PageServer?pagename=general

I have to tell you this is an absolutely awesome show. Headliners this year are Max Aaron, Ashley Wagner, Rachael Flatt, Jeremy Abbott, Gilles& Poirier, Alexe Gilles, Emily Hughes, Emily Samuelson, Adam Rippon, and Christina Gao.

What helps to make this really special (besides the awesome headliners) are all the skaters of various ages and skill levels that raise money in order to participate in this show. It is just very touching watching the elite skaters help the little ones.

This will be the third year I've attended and I HIGHLY recommend it! Lots of parking available in nearby lots/garages and lots of restaurants in downtown Columbus.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's nice to see Rachael is still skating, at some level!
Is Emily Samuelson skating as a single ice dancer (like Shae Lynn does), or does she have a partner?

Lots of interesting stuff.

I hope someone will go to this event and tell us how the skaters do.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think Emily is skating as a single ice dancer. She did appear with Todd Gilles one time, but they had already ended their partnership.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks for the info on the tweets. It is sad to think that Emily can't find a partner. I really look forward to seeing her at Skate for Hope.