Six Sleeps Until Stars On Ice | Golden Skate

Six Sleeps Until Stars On Ice

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
My husband and I have ice level seats once again for the Stars on Ice tour here in Vancouver on Friday, May 10th. Patrick Chan is going to be one of the guest stars, will be my first time to see Patrick skate in person. I always enjoy seeing new skaters live. It is going to be a great evening. I just hope the weather holds. It's been a beautiful weekend. We have had a soggy Spring so far. Oh well, I have an umbrella.

Take notes and tell us all about it! I'm sure you'll have a splendid time. Ice level seats! You lucky ducks.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
My husband and I have ice level seats once again for the Stars on Ice tour here in Vancouver on Friday, May 10th. Patrick Chan is going to be one of the guest stars, will be my first time to see Patrick skate in person. I always enjoy seeing new skaters live. It is going to be a great evening. I just hope the weather holds. It's been a beautiful weekend. We have had a soggy Spring so far. Oh well, I have an umbrella.

Wonderful for you! It's one of the best shows ever! With Patrick, you'll be blown away by his speed and ice coverage! Be sure to report!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have a great time. The US tour was great (wish we could attend CSOI, too). You'll :love: it!

figuristka

Medalist
Have a great time. The show was amazing. Every performer well worth watching. Loved every moment. Lovely comments on the twitter showing here on GS from Joannie, Sinead, Ashley and others about Victoria. Iam so glad they loved being here too.

Here's a video of their opening number featuring CSOI case..........not the routine but just the cast members......pretty neat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o992CCmJFlo

That tape is so cool! Thanks for showing it.

It strikes me that for a gorgeous woman, Tessa Virtue is very chameleon-like: her look changes easily. By constrast, Meryl Davis (equally gorgeous in a very different way) is distinctively herself at every angle. I'm always delighted by how many ways people can be beautiful. We're a stunning species, aren't we. (Well...not counting self. But some of us.)

Interesting to me that Ashley is in this show. That's unusual for an active American ladies' skater these days (now that COI no longer exists). Is there something special about her as opposed to other young skaters? I haven't noticed any special command or sparkle on the ice that would make her especially attractive to the SOI producers as a performance skater as opposed to a competitive one. Can anyone comment on this? I'd like to know what to look for in her that I haven't noticed heretofore. The experience is certainly going to add to her abilities as a competitor going into the Olympic season.

seabm7

Final Flight
Interesting to me that Ashley is in this show. That's unusual for an active American ladies' skater these days (now that COI no longer exists). Is there something special about her as opposed to other young skaters? I haven't noticed any special command or sparkle on the ice that would make her especially attractive to the SOI producers as a performance skater as opposed to a competitive one. Can anyone comment on this? I'd like to know what to look for in her that I haven't noticed heretofore. The experience is certainly going to add to her abilities as a competitor going into the Olympic season.

I guess the producers wanted to have one more lady besides Rochette, but did not have many options. Cynthia Phaneuf retired from both competitions and ice shows, Alissa Czisny has been recovering from her injuries, and Sasha Cohen went to back to school. The American tour counterpart, Katia Gordeeva, may not fit well with much younger Canadian cast.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

I guess the producers wanted to have one more lady besides Rochette, but did not have many options. Cynthia Phaneuf retired from both competitions and ice shows, Alissa Czisny has been recovering from her injuries, and Sasha Cohen went to back to school. The American tour counterpart, Katia Gordeeva, may not fit well with much younger Canadian cast.

Disagree with seabm.
For 2012 CSOI, Wagner also had been a full-fledged member of the cast -- along with both Rochette and Phaneuf -- so Wagner's inclusion last year was not a matter of needing a second lady.
And inviting Wagner back in 2013 suggests that the producers were happy with her contributions last year.

Another indication that Wagner is perceived to have the right stuff for shows: she also was a cast member of one of the All That Skate editions in 2010 or 2011. (Might have been All That Skate LA?) In any case, I do remember clearly that she had not yet won her first U.S. championship. And I seem to recall hearing or reading a quote from Wagner at the time that as one of the youngest and one of the least experienced skaters in the cast (maybe even the very youngest and least experienced), she was excited to have the opportunity and hoped to hold her own.
Quite a compliment for Yuna Kim and/or her producers to handpick Wagner back then.

seabm7

Final Flight
Disagree with seabm.
For 2012 CSOI, Wagner also had been a full-fledged member of the cast -- along with both Rochette and Phaneuf -- so Wagner's inclusion last year was not a matter of needing a second lady.
And inviting Wagner back in 2013 suggests that the producers were happy with her contributions last year.

You are absolutely right. I forgot her participation in 2012 CSOI.

Disagree with seabm.

Another indication that Wagner is perceived to have the right stuff for shows: she also was a cast member of one of the All That Skate editions in 2010 or 2011. (Might have been All That Skate LA?) In any case, I do remember clearly that she had not yet won her first U.S. championship. And I seem to recall hearing or reading a quote from Wagner at the time that as one of the youngest and one of the least experienced skaters in the cast (maybe even the very youngest and least experienced), she was excited to have the opportunity and hoped to hold her own.
Quite a compliment for Yuna Kim and/or her producers to handpick Wagner back then.

That is indeed pretty impressive. It shows Ashley's potential.