Could someone explain/write out the various elements relating to a skater's performance? | Golden Skate

Could someone explain/write out the various elements relating to a skater's performance?

Slowdive

On the Ice
Could someone explain/write out the various elements relating to a skater's performance?

Odd thread title, I know, however I wasn't sure how else to name it and whether or not it should appear in The Edge.
What I'm referring to is what each element appreviation meant when looking at a performer's programs (whether it's singles, pairs or ice dance).
Example: I know the jump appreviations 3S (triple Salchow), 3F (triple Flip), etc. however I was unsure of the other elements appreviations (i.e. spins, footwork, and pretty much elements relating to pairs and ice dancing).
Sorry for being ignorant but it would definitely help me when looking at the break down of a program (protocols, etc.).

gkelly

Record Breaker
Do you want to suggest a specific program?

Are you just looking for the names of the elements and their IJS codes? Or are you also interested in, e.g., names of specific steps or spin positions?

Slowdive

On the Ice
Names of the elements/IJS codes.
A lot of times posters will include the program elements when the skater is performing and how well he/she/they performed.
For example (I know the jumps just not the other elements):
3F
2Lz
3Lo+2T
CCoSp
3T
3Lo
LSp
2T
2A
FCCoSp
StSq
ChSq

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
For spins (singles) in the order:

(flying entry)+(change foot)+(position)*+(spin)*

Flying entrance is denoted by F, change foot by C - either are not mandatory for a spin to be valid.
The position can be either upright U, layback L, sit S, camel C or combination Co
The suffix is always Sp

Examles:
FCUSp (flying upright spin with a change of foot)
CCoSp (combination spin with a change of foot)
LSp (layback spin)
FSSp (flying sit spin)

gkelly

Record Breaker
I'll go through a program for you this evening when I have a chance.

You might want to take a look at the Scale of Values, which spells out the names of elements and then lists the code and the point values.

For singles and pairs, the current Scale of Values is in ISU Communication 1724, which you can find here:
http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-185235-202457-nav-list,00.html

A new version (without many changes) that will take effect in July has been published in ISU Communication 1790.

StSq is Step Sequence. ChSq is Choreographed Sequence.

General introduction to the spin codes:
They all end with "Sp." Immediately before the Sp will be a code indicating the spin position: either U for upright, S for sit, C for camel, L for layback, or Co for combination (two or more different positions). Preceding the position code may be a C indicting change of foot and/or an F indicating flying entry.

So CCoSp is a combination spin with a change of foot. FCCoSp is a combination spin with a flying entry and a change of foot. LSp is layback spin.