Will they make it to Turin? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Will they make it to Turin?

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
Thanks Jaana - Now if I can just take a crash course in Italian, I'll even be happieer.
Joe

There's a link to the English version at the top of the page to the left of the search box.:)

Yazmeen

On the Ice
One of the things that occurred to me as a physician is the possibility of Tim having scoliosis or kyphosis, both are curvatures of the spine. I have a mild scoliosis, and it can be a bear when I skate because my two shoulders do not perfectly align (one is just slightly lower than the other), and part of my trouble with three turns and spins is my tendency to drop one shoulder or the other (most of its a technique issue, but the scoliosis doesn't help). If he has had any shift or problem with his spinal vertebrae, they might be impinging (pushing down on) a nerve or nerves, and this could explain his pain and numbness. I think he may be in for some serious chiropractic and podiatric (foot) therapy. This is just a guess, but I wonder if I might be on to something. I just he is able to recover and get his skating skills back up to snuff.

gezando

Final Flight
Yazmeen, I am glad to hear a physician's story (since only physicians experiences count). Reading people relating their personal experiences add to my understanding the athletes :)

Last edited:

dizzydi

On the Ice
Tim......

One of the things that concerns me regarding Tim is that it likely will take some time to fix this alignment problem. By then he has lost training time. No one needs this type of complication two years before the Olympics. While Tim could have used this time to improve his presentation, he now will need to use it to get back technically. This is really unfortunate.

I wish him a rapid recovery and much luck in the future.

Poor Tim!

Dizzy

Thanks Childfreegirl for the English link.

As for Tim, I wonder if he could do some off the ice dancing like some AfroCuban classes as well as Ballet and Modern. It would help his presentation, but he could well lose the knack for the air rotations. He's in for a serious prolem, I believe. Bummer.

Joe

Arwen

Rinkside
I'm sorry what comment are you referring to that Peter made to B&A that was deleted? I must have missed it.

guinevere

Final Flight
I think that Plush will be there no matter what - even if he has to skate with a walker! (and he'd probably still be doing quads in that case and win!)

Tim, I am not sure about. Although we 'know' what the problem, I think it is too early yet to see what can be done about his problems. I certainly hope he is able to return to skating, and I would like to see him in Turin, but at this moment I am not feeling confident that he will be there.

I agree with the person who mentioned Irina as probably not making it to Turin :(

guinevere