2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

Country
Russia
This year, even if many ladies falter, Lipnitskaya, Pogorilaya, Gerasimova, and Titushkina are all old enough for ISU championships so that's 4 more girls
Yes, four new Senior Ladies.
But Staviskaia (01 Sep 1997) instead of Titushkina, who is still not age eligible (06 Mar 1999).

In fact Lipnitskaia and Pogorilaya are (or more correctly were at previous season) really better than Gerasimova and Stavitskaia.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
can we just stop with the Pogorilaya, Gosviani, Korobeynikova, Gerasimova ? they are all non factors
only Leonova has a slight chance

the 2 spots
will only be between Adelina, Julia and Liza

I was not talking about Olympics, but rather Euros (3 spots) and competitions in the future. Basically, I was saying that Gosviani lucked out with Euros because she only finished 6th at Nationals and the girls in 2nd, 4th, and 5th were too young. Now, 2 of those girls are old enough to go to ISU championships and one cannot expect that 2 of the major contenders (last year Lipnitskaya, Shelepen) will withdraw from Nationals every year. I was more trying to say while 6th place at Russian Nats is a good result, lots of factors came into play with how she wound up placing 6th, and further, with so many talented ladies, it really comes down to how they skate on that day to determine who places 6th versus 14th.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yes, four new Senior Ladies.
But Staviskaia (01 Sep 1997) instead of Titushkina, who is still not age eligible (06 Mar 1999).

In fact Lipnitskaia and Pogorilaya are (or more correctly were at previous season) really better than Gerasimova and Stavitskaia.

Gerasimova and Stavitskaia were very strong SP skaters but often faltered in the FS. For Stavitskaia, I think growing so much threw her off, last season she became very tall and it seemed like her muscles didn't have time to catch up with her yet, the result being her jumps were not so strong and a frailness apparent in her overall skating. Gerasimova is good and can do 3lz-3t well, issue is consistency. I did not realize Titushkina is so young, already last season she was 1.67 meters, my guess is she grows to tall to be really competitive, much like Anna Shershak, who only turned 15 in June but is 1.73 meters and can only do 3t, 3s consistently (3lo and 3f occasionally although not reliable).

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Gerasimova and Stavitskaia were very strong SP skaters but often faltered in the FS. For Stavitskaia, I think growing so much threw her off, last season she became very tall and it seemed like her muscles didn't have time to catch up with her yet, the result being her jumps were not so strong and a frailness apparent in her overall skating.
Maria was again with Mishin in this summer. She looks great https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...92976074.1073741853.1577701846&type=1&theater ,great pics

new SP practice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIdBqVUDjsw

hanca

Record Breaker
I was not talking about Olympics, but rather Euros (3 spots) and competitions in the future. Basically, I was saying that Gosviani lucked out with Euros because she only finished 6th at Nationals and the girls in 2nd, 4th, and 5th were too young. Now, 2 of those girls are old enough to go to ISU championships and one cannot expect that 2 of the major contenders (last year Lipnitskaya, Shelepen) will withdraw from Nationals every year. I was more trying to say while 6th place at Russian Nats is a good result, lots of factors came into play with how she wound up placing 6th, and further, with so many talented ladies, it really comes down to how they skate on that day to determine who places 6th versus 14th.

You are right. That was exactly my point. Leonova was lucky that at the time she needed to push through there was no one else. Gosviani was lucky last year that the other senior eligible ladies were not delivering results and it helped her to establish herself (put her name on the senior team). But chance like this does not come often and with every year there will be more and more ladies at the senior level because they are now gradually coming to the age. So anyone who is late bloomer will probably not be noticed (wouldn't be getting GP events etc), unless he/she would manage to end at nationals at 1-3 place. And for that one need to be much better skater than Leonova was when she managed to push through, and much better skater than Gosviani last year. It is interesting to watch how luck can give one opportunity, and another skater who would be potentially exactly as good may not have the same opportunities only because he/she would be born a few years later.

Country
Russia
Stavitskaia of her 9 competitions of 2012/2013 season had one really good SP, two moderately good, six bad (serious mistakes, low score).
The only really good SP was at JGP VII (Germany).

Gerasimova of her 9 competitions of 2012/2013 season had three really good SP, three moderately good (mistakes like one fall), two bad (serious mistakes, low score) (and about one I have not detailed info).

Both of them, especially Stavitskaia, can not be called even "strong SP skaters", not "very strong SP skaters".

The only two "strong FS skaters" of Russian Ladies who had Internationals, were Radionova and Pogorilaya. All others (including Lipnitskaia, Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva) had bad FS in season.
Pogorilaya also had one (in Zagreb), but it was her international debut, so she may be called "strong" (of course, not "very strong").

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Stavitskaia of her 9 competitions of 2012/2013 season had one really good SP, two moderately good, six bad (serious mistakes, low score).
The only really good SP was at JGP VII (Germany).

Gerasimova of her 9 competitions of 2012/2013 season had three really good SP, three moderately good (mistakes like one fall), two bad (serious mistakes, low score) (and about one I have not detailed info).

Both of them, especially Stavitskaia, can not be called even "strong SP skaters", not "very strong SP skaters".

The only two "strong FS skaters" of Russian Ladies who had Internationals, were Radionova and Pogorilaya. All others (including Lipnitskaia, Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva) had bad FS in season.
Pogorilaya also had one (in Zagreb), but it was her international debut, so she may be called "strong" (of course, not "very strong").

You are right, I more meant to say, Gerasimova and Stavitskaia had shown they were capable of skating a really strong SP, which would be competitive among the talented crop of eligible Russian ladies right now, at some point last season, not that they did it every time. 58+ on a JGP with 3lz-3t for Stavitskaia is a good result, and Gerasimova had 60+ at a couple of different Russian competitions. The FS scores for those two need to be higher to be competitive though. That's what I was trying to say, SP they have shown a very high level, but FS they still have yet to show they can perform a program at such a high level (110ish junior program, 115+ senior program).

Country
Russia
I remember Ksenia Makarova, who had a lot of Euro and Worlds "little medals" for SP (three at six Events), but no medal of FS and Total.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

you are right about the luck of age eligibility
but right now with Julia eligible and other B rate skaters also coming to an age
this will probably be Leonova's very last chance her chances of going until 2018 have been drastically cut
in the coming years even if others fall short of success others will fill in their place like Radionova, Sakhanovich, Medvedeva and Sotskova

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Is there any info about the Russian entries in ice dance on the JGP this year?

Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD I have never heard of before, and they are entered for JGP Riga.

The other teams entered as alternates are

Kristina BAKLANOVA / Andrei BAGIN

Sofia EVDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN

Anna YANOVSKAYA / Sergey MOZGOV (who were very good the last 2 years)
Their this year's SD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8SQJqbv_tQ

Any info about their FD?

bluesky85

On the Ice
I really like Polina Agafonova but I wish she had more speed in her skating and consistency in her jumps. I am glad she seems more consistent this season, although it's still early to tell.

bluesky85

On the Ice
Both Anastasia Gubanova and Stanislava Konstantinova look very young but they both have difficult jumps. Also, I think there was a very young skater last season who competed at the Russian junior nationals. I think her name was Valery Yevseyeva or something. Does anybody have any information about these young skaters?

Thanks!

siela

On the Ice
Both Anastasia Gubanova and Stanislava Konstantinova look very young but they both have difficult jumps. Also, I think there was a very young skater last season who competed at the Russian junior nationals. I think her name was Valery Yevseyeva or something. Does anybody have any information about these young skaters?

Thanks!

Stanislava Konstantinova (14 July 2000) trains in St Petersgurg in Valentina Chebotariova's group (coach of Michail Kolyada). She did not have much success in the past: never participated in Russian Nationals at any level, not even in Russian Cup events. It looks like she made huge improvemnet during summer. Her highest total score until this season was around 127 points. At recent test skates she got about 149. Probably she will have a break through this year.

Anastasia Gubanova (2 December 2002) is one of the most talented novices in Russia. At recent Russian Nationals she was second in her age group (after Valeria Yevseyeva). She trains in St Petersburg in Alexey Urmanov's group.
Here is her last year LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJhGhGOjEAw

Valeria Yevseyeva (13 March 2002) trains in Moskow with Inna Goncharenko (Elena Radionova's coach). Last year she won Russian NAtionals in her age group and participated in Russian Junior Nationals.
Her LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpaP0ky76ac

IleK

On the Ice
Any news about Nikol Gosviani? Is she still training with Urmanov and why she didn't compete at the Tests. I hope she is not injured. I really liked her last year. I don't want her to suddenly disappear because all the very good youngsters. She really is special and I hope that if they didn't give her a GP at least we would see her at a Senior B event.
And what about Alena? I don't like her but I find it odd not to hear/see anything from her when all the other top girls have already shown their olympic programs. She might surprise us rising up from ashes.
I am sad because Russia lost her 3 spots exactly before the olympics. I was glad for the americans though. Sometimes I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to see all the good russian, american and japanese ladies in one world competition. That would be something to watch. A real competition.

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, there's a TBA at Rostelecom... Does anyone have any thoughts on who is likely to get it?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Sometimes I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to see all the good russian, american and japanese ladies in one world competition. That would be something to watch. A real competition.
:agree::yes: