2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It's time she realized she couldn't rotate that second 3loop for good.

yep her 3loop combo looked UR to me
but it doesnt matter most of her 3-3 will be dinged with UR either a 3T or 3Lo

its one of those fluke days she didnt popped her Flip, lol
good personality and step sequence but she needs technique overhaul too late for that now
maybe after 2014 ?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Nikol looks fantastic, physically, the jumps, the spins. If Tuk and Sot aren't skating up to par they better watch out for Gosviani! She already has much better lines than both of them so if she can continue jumping well...

I don't think so
Nikol's 3-3 is only 3T-3T and 3F-3T and a terrible technique at that
she'll get low PCS maybe match Tuks average PCS on a very good day
but she wont be getting the same PCS as Sotnikova

FSGMT

Record Breaker
A 3Flutz+3Lo< is better than a 3Flutz+3T<, and she's landing it (last year during the first half of the season she almost always fell or stepped out of the 3Lz+3T), and at least the flip was there! I'm not disappointed at all, I think that with a program like this she could be in the top3 in a GP, she could easily challenge Murakami/Li/Pogorilaya, even with the "e" and the <...

Moment

Final Flight
yep her 3loop combo looked UR to me
but it doesnt matter most of her 3-3 will be dinged with UR either a 3T or 3Lo

its one of those fluke days she didnt popped her Flip, lol
good personality and step sequence but she needs technique overhaul too late for that now
maybe after 2014 ?

A 3Flutz+3Lo< is better than a 3Flutz+3T<, and she's landing it (last year during the first half of the season she almost always fell or stepped out of the 3Lz+3T), and at least the flip was there! I'm not disappointed at all, I think that with a program like this she could be in the top3 in a GP, she could easily challenge Murakami/Li/Pogorilaya, even with the "e" and the <...

She could clean up her technique and actually rotate the second toe loop. It is what she has to do if she wants to stay at the elite level.

This 3Lz (e)+3Lo combo is very close to half a turn short on the second loop, so it just isn't working no matter how she does it.

gmyers

Record Breaker
It's the Tarasova mentality that when she needs to 3Lz-3L clean she will! Like Mao and her axels or Kulik and the last minute of a free skate. I don't see it changing at any point during the season because they just do not accept that she can't do 3/3 clean or two flips in a FS. A lot of time last season the triple flip was done in the SP. Why she can't do two in a FS is a cause of frustration in the coaches but they will not stop giving her 2 flips.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It's the Tarasova mentality that when she needs to 3Lz-3L clean she will! Like Mao and her axels or Kulik and the last minute of a free skate. I don't see it changing at any point during the season because they just do not accept that she can't do 3/3 clean or two flips in a FS. A lot of time last season the triple flip was done in the SP. Why she can't do two in a FS is a cause of frustration in the coaches but they will not stop giving her 2 flips.

praying and hoping landing your jumps just wont cut it anymore, needs technique overhaual, maybe a season with Mishin on summer camps will help
just jumps techniques with him, she has improved her presentation marks but what good will that be if you keep UR and falling ?

her team is blind not see a problem, the closest 3-3 she can rotate is her 3T-3T, her 3Lo solo is usually solid, ditch the 3F in SP to maximize points
and she wont have to worry about popping or falling on her Flip , she can afford her 3LZ-3Lo in her FS and do 1 3F in, is that too much to ask ?

Selene

On the Ice
Adelina should try 3T-3T and 3Lo as the jumps in her SP. I'm not sure she can get the 3T-3T ratified, but it has a better chance of happening than getting this 3Flutz-2.5Loop combo ratified.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Adelina should try 3T-3T and 3Lo as the jumps in her SP. I'm not sure she can get the 3T-3T ratified, but it has a better chance of happening than getting this 3Flutz-2.5Loop combo ratified.

apparently, her team doesnt see any UR/downgrade problems, lol
I agree ditch this 3Flutz combos and stick with 3T-3T then she can do her solo 3Lo which is usually good jump for her

Selene

On the Ice
I agree ditch this 3Flutz combos and stick with 3T-3T then she can do her solo 3Lo which is usually good jump for her

Her coaches seem to have an inflated sense of her technical abilities. She could really make some noise if they would give her a proper jump layout, because her SP is amazing. It's wonderfully choreographed and she does a great job performing it.

gmyers

Record Breaker
praying and hoping landing your jumps just wont cut it anymore, needs technique overhaual, maybe a season with Mishin on summer camps will help
just jumps techniques with him, she has improved her presentation marks but what good will that be if you keep UR and falling ?

her team is blind not see a problem, the closest 3-3 she can rotate is her 3T-3T, her 3Lo solo is usually solid, ditch the 3F in SP to maximize points
and she wont have to worry about popping or falling on her Flip , she can afford her 3LZ-3Lo in her FS and do 1 3F in, is that too much to ask ?

Praying and Hoping is what they are going with! How else could it be explained how far they have removed themselves from doing 3T-3T! Last season was all 3flutz-3toe< and then for some reason they go with a combo with a triple LOOP on the end! What else can they be doing but praying and hoping! Not only that Adelina will do clean 3 lutz but be one of the only skaters in the world who can get a triple loop ratified when its the second jump in a combo! This is just strange what's going on! Even the technical caller found it impossible to even credit her with a 3/3 attempt! They are designing for Olympic Gold and praying and hoping that it will all be clean and she'll win the Olympics. There is just no reasonable view of her technical abilities or what the technical callers do to triple loops when there are the second jump in a combo. Mao did do ratified triple axels as a senior all the time so it was reasonable to believe Mao could get them. There's no reason to give Sotnikova 3lz-3L combos.

Lucky Star

Final Flight

I'm sure her team is well aware of her issues, but would other content really be better for her? Adelina said it several times and it's pretty clear that she is more comfortable with 3 loop in combination. URed 3Lo gives more points than URed 3T, I'd say if she's able to make it < and not << - go for it, especially if it's more comfortable and consistent combination for her. 3T-3T wouldn't score much (if any) higher and there's always a possibility to underrotate the second toe. Same with the flips, it's actually a good jump for her if she lands it, she even does it in her exhibitions. She singled her flips at the GP last season, but then they changed the entrance a bit and Adelina landed beautiful flips in her SP later in the season and did it effortlessly now too. LP is another story, but I think we should wait for tomorrow to see her jump content and how she will do

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I'm sure her team is well aware of her issues, but would other content really be better for her? Adelina said it several times and it's pretty clear that she is more comfortable with 3 loop in combination. URed 3Lo gives more points than URed 3T, I'd say if she's able to make it < and not << - go for it, especially if it's more comfortable and consistent combination for her. 3T-3T wouldn't score much (if any) higher and there's always a possibility to underrotate the second toe. Same with the flips, it's actually a good jump for her if she lands it, she even does it in her exhibitions. She singled her flips at the GP last season, but then they changed the entrance a bit and Adelina landed beautiful flips in her SP later in the season and did it effortlessly now too. LP is another story, but I think we should wait for tomorrow to see her jump content and how she will do

strange she would rather still get a < than << but thats still not worth more than the later
her combo her looked like a double loop with extra rotation

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I hope Adelina pulls the 3Z/3R combo out of her programs very soon. The 3R isn't even close. It's not even a "risky" move, because the outcome is certain.

Vash01

Medalist
I hope Adelina pulls the 3Z/3R combo out of her programs very soon. The 3R isn't even close. It's not even a "risky" move, because the outcome is certain.

The 3L-3R combo used to be powerful under 6.0 but with COP the second 3R is never likely to be ratified as a triple. I think 3L-3t is a safer combination, but I don't know if Adelina can land it consistently. If she cannot, she may be better off with a 3L-2R and getting high GOEs on it.

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Not to mention it prevents her from doing 3lo as her solo jump. 3lo is one of her strongest and more consistent triples, doing a risky combo like that with risky solo triple just isn't smart. If she wants to upgrade her combo from 3t-3t then that's fine, do 3lz-3t and 3lo, then at least she can count on getting credit for the solo triple rather than worry about popping or falling on it.