2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
She stares down at the ice the whole time though; someone should tell her one way to project outward is to not stare down.

Maybe that's why they choreographed her writing on the ice at the beginning, so she has a reason to look down there the entire program. :laugh:

ForeverFish

Medalist
The choreography reminds me of Alexei Yagudin's "Winter"...except, in Julia's case, it still doesn't feel genuine. There's visible improvement, but she's not yet at the artistic level of Adelina, Liza, Elena, etc.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Liza doesn't have good artistry to me yet - jumps can be great when she's on but artistically she isn't that strong yet, she keeps on doing similar themed programs and mostly just looks overfocused during them with the occasional mysterious sexy facial expression made with her captivating eyes. That's not really artistry though. Julia is stronger than Tuk in terms of artistry already IMO, Adelina is good artistically and presentation-wise, I agree, but her PCS is only a few points higher right now and Julia can easily make that up if Adelina continues to throw away points with multiple jump errors which was the norm for her last season.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I think this year it could be a massive surprise who get the spots on Olympic team. I'm not sure I want to see Sotnikova there with her urs and flutzes. I see Julia and....somebody else there

hanca

Record Breaker
I don't think it will be such a surprise. It will be chosen from Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and Lipnitskaia. I don't think anyone else has a real chance, unless two of those three will mess up both their GP and nationals, or unless two of those three are injured.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I watched Julia's SP: there is some improvement in the overall presentation, and this program is A LOT better than Sabre Dance, I think that she's better than Liza, artistically, now, but still not at the level of Lena or Adelina... Her 2A has improved a bit and the CCoSp is better, too... What's the name of the music?
It's clear that the team for Euros will be Adelina, Liza and Julia, for Sochi we'll see...

ffionhanathomas

On the Ice
I think Liza is great artistically, perhaps not so much in her lines but she really does sell the program every time - facial expressions are perfect and for me personally that draws me in much more.

I'd love to see Liza and Adelina on the team, but Julia has improved so much so she would also deserve it. I just wish they still had their 3 spots, such a shame.

If Elena R doesn't go through too many growth spurts, etc, I'd love to see her in 2018. She's too young for Sochi, right?

hanca

Record Breaker
yes, she is too young for Sochi.But hopefully they will manage to regain three spots this year at worlds because next year she will be old enough and it will be hard to choose between Adelina, Liza, Julia and Elena (plus the others).

Country
Russia
I watched Julia's SP: there is some improvement in the overall presentation, and this program is A LOT better than Sabre Dance, I think that she's better than Liza, artistically, now, but still not at the level of Lena or Adelina... Her 2A has improved a bit and the CCoSp is better, too... What's the name of the music?
Music of SP is from Alla Pugacheva's song "Don't renounce loving".

Country
Russia
Artur DMITRIEV
Elena RADIONOVA
Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV
Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN
got Nebelhorn.

Dmitriev is not so good, VT are world leaders.

Radionova and MONKO/KHALIAVIN - - skaters, who may have great future.

Radionova will compete with Korpi, Gedevanishvili and Glebova (all other Ladies are not so good) and has a chance to show her best.

MONKO/KHALIAVIN (very talented dance couple, they were good at WTT and test skating Aug 17) also may use Nebelhorn for their rising at international level.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Artur DMITRIEV
Elena RADIONOVA
Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV
Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN
got Nebelhorn.

Dmitriev is not so good, VT are world leaders.

Radionova and MONKO/KHALIAVIN - - skaters, who may have great future.

Radionova will compete with Korpi, Gedevanishvili and Glebova (all other Ladies are not so good) and has a chance to show her best.

MONKO/KHALIAVIN (very talented dance couple, they were good at WTT and test skating Aug 17) also may use Nebelhorn for their rising at international level.

Radionova is perfect for me, she is my favorite. I cheer for her in this season !! I can't wait the GP series!

Country
Russia
There is Ashley Cain who could easily win the bronze...
Easily?
Glebova has personal best about 15 higher than Cain.
So (if Gedevanishvili is in bad state) Radionova, Korpi, Glebova most probably will be ahead Cain.

bluesky85

On the Ice
I have never been Julia's fan but I think her presentation and musicality improved over the summer. I might be wrong, but she seems to be actually listening to the music. Her arm movements and facial expressions are better, although her upper body itself doesn't seem to have changed much. Jump-wise, her landing looks a bit hard but she is landing them.

Country
Russia
I have never been Julia's fan but I think her presentation and musicality improved over the summer. I might be wrong, but she seems to be actually listening to the music. Her arm movements and facial expressions are better, although her upper body itself doesn't seem to have changed much. Jump-wise, her landing looks a bit hard but she is landing them.
Julia newer was a very good jumper. Her jumps were very stable, not very good.
But at 2011/2012 season her stability, spins etc were enough to give her Season Best very close to World Champion Kostner.