2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This thread makes my blood boil and hope that Liza sweeps all before her this season. :yes:

LRK

Record Breaker
This thread makes my blood boil and hope that Liza sweeps all before her this season. :yes:

I know what you mean, but oddly enough I'm not bothered. I know Liza will get things sorted - I don't know if it will happen this season, though, but I'm sure she will; she's not a quitter and she won't give up.

silverlake22

Record Breaker

She has the goods and so does Adelina, and I tend to think they will both have some big successes ahead of them in their careers, it's just hard to tell if it will be this season or in the future. Although I remember in past seasons Liza wasn't skating so well in those summer shows either but then got everything together by the time the real season started. I guess it's hard to compare because the off-season is long and some skaters are probably pretty much good-to-go by July or August, while others are just getting used to their programs and haven't started to seriously train doing all the jumps in them between the choreography and stuff. So things might look very different in about a month. And Liza does have a tendency to skate well when it matters.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Moris Kvitelashvili SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4wGgA-_SzI with 3A now and quad, could do well representing Georgia for their men

Alsu Kayumova FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IhITeWwsQg

Yanovskaia/Mozgov SD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8SQJqbv_tQ

Tarasova/Morozov FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-MEMtgnNXw

Sergei Voronov SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksDppUpyh9A

Murad Kurbanov SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqiBIub9xiw

Adelina Sotnikova FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER1n5XiJ5gg

Alexei Genya FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w7u-uONFsg

Country
Russia
Elena Radionova. Today's test skate. 3Z-3T(!), 3F, 3F-1Lo-3S, 3Z, 2A from eagle entrance, 3Lo-2T, very musical and beautiful steps and prog
Why (!)?
Elena landed 3Z-3T at Russian Cup I (15 Sep 2010) being 11 years old, on positive GOE.
So it is normal for her.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Usually people are talking about pogorilaya or lipnitskaia Or korobeynikova replacing the team of tutsmksheva and sotnikova at Olympics or euros and then it becomes about how none of them - except Liza or Adelina- would have any prayer of beating the big three and therefore would never be sent by the Russian federation but then It has to be mentioned that no one was talking about Koro pogo or Julia beating the big three and Liza or Adelina can't do It either so what's the big deal? I wish these could stay focused on the Russian team and how precarious Liza and adelina's positions are and not have it morph into Julia vs Kim when it wouldn't even be Adelina vs Kim or Kostner or Mao! Kostner can do double salchows twice against Liza and Adelina!!! Mao 3 triples against Julia! But Julia can beat Liza and Adelina

We in the US have these same discussions every year, where up-and-coming skaters skate really well in the early season competitions and we wonder if they are ready to take over the top national spots now. It almost never happens. There is a HUGE difference between nailing a 7-triple program in a junior program, or a local competition with 100 fans, and skating that well at nationals or in a GP event versus a world medalist. Liza and Adelina have skated at the biggest events and are ranked amongst the top 10 skaters in the world. I think a lot of fans underestimate how much their experience will help them when competing against the younger Russian ladies.

Country
Russia
We in the US have these same discussions every year, where up-and-coming skaters skate really well in the early season competitions and we wonder if they are ready to take over the top national spots now. It almost never happens. There is a HUGE difference between nailing a 7-triple program in a junior program, or a local competition with 100 fans, and skating that well at nationals or in a GP event versus a world medalist. Liza and Adelina have skated at the biggest events and are ranked amongst the top 10 skaters in the world. I think a lot of fans underestimate how much their experience will help them when competing against the younger Russian ladies.
Gracie Gold. I remember her international debut at JGP VII 2011. Now she is no doubt No2 of Team USA and may become No1 at this season.

Julia Lipnitskaia won Gracie at JrWorlds-2012 with no chances for Gracie.
She won Korpi in Finland (Finlandia Trophy 2012), won Asada at SP of GP Event - in her worst season.

Now we see she improved her skating skills and presentation, and may hope that she restored her stability of season 2011/2012.
So we may hope that she will be really good this season.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie Gold. I remember her international debut at JGP VII 2011. Now she is no doubt No2 of Team USA and may become No1 at this season.

Julia Lipnitskaia won Gracie at JrWorlds-2012 with no chances for Gracie.
She won Korpi in Finland (Finlandia Trophy 2012), won Asada at SP of GP Event - in her worst season.

Now we see she improved her skating skills and presentation, and may hope that she restored her stability of season 2011/2012.
So we may hope that she will be really good this season.
A lot has happened since Julia and Gracie faced each other at Jr Worlds in 2012. Gracie now has a World championship appearance under her belt and has proven she can compete with the top girls. If both are clean i don't see Julia getting the scores Gracie will.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
A lot has happened since Julia and Gracie faced each other at Jr Worlds in 2012. Gracie now has a World championship appearance under her belt and has proven she can compete with the top girls. If both are clean i don't see Julia getting the scores Gracie will.

I agree with this, Gracie looks very much a senior now, she has muscles and power
and her PCS have made huge improvements too, the only Russian that can catch Gracie's PCS is Adelina

Country
Russia
I don't compare Jilia and Gracie.

I want to say that if Gracie from "rookie with talent" in short time became world level skater, why Julia can't do the same?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

I want to say that if Gracie from "rookie with talent" in short time became world level skater, why Julia can't do the same?

If Julia returns to her consistency this season, she will be the top Russian lady

Country
Russia
I agree with this, Gracie looks very much a senior now, she has muscles and power
and her PCS have made huge improvements too, the only Russian that can catch Gracie's PCS is Adelina
Hmm...

Julia's personal best
SP Component 16.11.2012 27.85
FS Component 03.11.2012 57.43

Gracie's personal best
SP Component 14.03.2013 28.62
FS Component 13.04.2013 61.77

Technical bests (both in SP and FS) Julia has higher than Gracie.

I can not tell who of them will win. We will see.
They will meet at Skate Canada 2013.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I can not tell who of them will win. We will see.
They will meet at Skate Canada 2013.

I would be surprised if Julia beat Gracie. First, Canada is almost home ice for Gracie, and she will be one of the most cheered for ladies after the Canadians. Second, I don't think Julia will get very good GOE on her jumps when they are compared with Yuna at the same event, while Gracie's jump quality can be almost as good as Yuna. However, I don't think Gracie's programs are particularly suited for her style and so if Julia skates well and has good programs she might challenge Gracie.

gmyers

Record Breaker

Liza and Adelina are top 10 but skated in a way that makes them extremely vulnerable to other Russian girls. Their standard of skating was so low and so bad That I would be very easy for Julia to beat them both and qualified for the gpf. Liza and Adelina make top 10 and therefore can be never be beaten at home?

gmyers

Record Breaker

This was very clear to me! You said why can't Julia replace stonikova or Liza like gold replaced nagasu czisny flatt etc but if course it becomes Julia vs gold when it was Julia vs Adelina and Liza! Julia will probably beat Liza and Adelina.

Country
Russia
Liza and Adelina are top 10 but skated in a way that makes them extremely vulnerable to other Russian girls. Their standard of skating was so low and so bad That I would be very easy for Julia to beat them both and qualified for the gpf. Liza and Adelina make top 10 and therefore can be never be beaten at home?
At Nationals of season 2012/2013 Julia was injuried, Liza skated really well and became champion, 2nd was Radionova, 3rd Sotnikova.

At Nats-2012 Julia was 2nd ahead Liza (Adelina was champion).

Both Liza and Adelina were beaten at home.
And may be once more (or not once).

bestskate8

On the Ice
Julia's SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q002z500A-I

I think her presentation has improved, :)
Tuk is in trouble

Anna Pogorilaya SP: Tango ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOtu4r0_eo8&feature=player_embedded

That is a beautiful program from Julia, well presented, huge potential. She is in a good shape right now doing 3-3. Hope she will get a spot at Olympic team Russia. She still has six months to improve.
This music has very meaningful lyrics, and well knowing in Russia.

Still Liza has more difficult program in terms of transitions and choreography, except for spins. For music choice I will give it to Liza. Adelina's music Carmen is a disappointment.

Porogilaya what a nice surprise!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Julia looks very solid, her presentation has improved, and she may be the best spinner in the world. However, she will have to skate well during the GP series to give herself a shot at an Olympic spot. With over two months until the first GP events, Adelina and Liza have plenty of time to refine their programs so I don't think we can rule them out when their goal is to peak in December.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I always thought Julia was deaf to the music and just went through the motions. I can see a slight improvement in this program. She stares down at the ice the whole time though; someone should tell her one way to project outward is to not stare down. Also she still rushes through some of the movements or they're done in a somewhat perfunctory manner...slow the movement down, hold it for more than a nanosecond... these are all small things she can work on to make this program (which isn't that bad) much better. It's always the little things that make an okay program good and a good program great.