Humdinger/Hum Drum Lessons & Practices June 23-29 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Humdinger/Hum Drum Lessons & Practices June 23-29

G

Glacierskater

Re: Humdinger/Hum Drum Lessons & Practices June 23-29

Lanie,
How long have you had your boots? You have heat molded them 3 times so far, I take it? How about new boots?

If that is not an option, here are some things that I have tried. I got SP Teri customs, and they killed my feet for months. They still do sometimes:
1. Try heating them before skating. How you ask? You can make rice bags with rice (the real stuff, not Uncle Ben's) and dish towels. Make them the right size and shape to fit into your skate. Before you skate, warm the rice bags up in the microwave. Stuff them in your boot and then they are easier to get your feet into.
2. BUNGA PADS, BUNGA PADS, BUNGA PADS!!! They can be ordered from most skating suppliers on line, or in pro shops. They are not cheep, but they do work skating boot miracles.
3. Have them punched out if you cannot get relief. Make sure that the person punching is experienced.
4. Get customs. My next pair I have decided are going to be measured right at the SP Teri factory. Even if I have to fly out there. I never knew boots could be so hard to break in!

I hope that this has helped. Good luck you!