Latest Kirk journal, she won PSA award | Golden Skate

Latest Kirk journal, she won PSA award

gezando

Final Flight
Jenny just post her latest journal entry. It is a reflection of her entire season so far. She won the PSA award for the best programs at nationals. I agree with the PSA 100%. She was too sick immediately after her free program to attend the award. She is still too sick to make it to 4CC.

What did she mean by "fell out of the arena" at the winter fluff comeptition?

Who are Matt and Evan?

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/jenniferkirk/diary.html

I am glad that she did not throw up on the nice. I was sick with the flu for my entire final exam week once. I got over it rather quickly, and did not miss any post final week celebrations. :) Since Jenny can not make it to 4CC, I am so glad that her good friend Jennifer Don will go.

Last edited:

Bijoux

Match Penalty
She is a doll!

I find her so real, the genuine article. I loved her SP and I'm so happy her skating was recognized. She is someone who grabs your heart. I think she is my new favorite skater. I have not had favorites in a long time, but she is a class act.

Go Jenny! Get the Gold at Worlds!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Jenny is such a sweetheart. You could tell in person that she wasn't one hundred percent, even though she skated pretty great for being sick, and I hope she gets well soon so she can do great at Worlds. Get well soon Jenny! :D

Lucy25

Final Flight
I would like to know what she means by falling out of the arena, too. I was there and did not see anything strange during the warmup, except her falling on her lutz three times, and she did not fall anywhere but on the ice. Anyone know who votes for the PSA Award? I thought Jenny's LP was good, but the best of the Ladies? I'll have to go back and see about that.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
she fell on a jump slid and knocked one of the rink boards loose, if I'm not mistaken....

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Jenny seems like a genuinely sweet person - the type of person I can't help but cheer for. I'm so glad that has been a breakout year for her. I wish her the best at worlds.

gezando

Final Flight
Lucy25 said:
Anyone know who votes for the PSA Award?

PSA is the organization that governs coaching standards, so the coahces voted for her?

BTW, nosy inquiring minds want to know. Is Jenny dating either Matt or Evan? I amnot trying to start a rumor, if you know please PM me. :)

Last edited:
There's nothing like a glass a bubbling champagne and waltzing to Die Fledermaus. Praise to Jenny for winning that coveted award.

BTW, I said this before but let me repeat: I saw Jenny during the false Fire at the hotel. She had an entourage of 4 or 5 boys her age kinda protecting her. It looked so sweeet.

Joe

I'm so happy for Jenny winning both the bronze and the PSA Award. I would have given her the PSA Award for her "Chicago" SP alone, although she also really sparkles in "Die Fleidermaus." I just think it's rare to see a competitve program performed with such a high level of both musicality and personality, plus the skating skills (a 3/3!), especially at Nationals. I've always found Jenny to be a very warm performer, which makes her such a pleasure to watch. And I'm not surprised she had an entourage of young men protecting her at breakfast during the false fire alarm, as Joe saw. Besides being gorgeous, she also seems very approachable.

But poor thing! Being that sick for your Nats LP, how awful! I loved her honesty and humor in her diary description:
<<My long program is not an experience that I ever hope to repeat but I got through it. The whole time all I could think about was not getting sick on the ice! There would have been nothing more embarassing than throwing up on live national television! Haha.>>

She really did great considering how sick she was. It's as if her bronze is really a gold, given the circumstances.

Also, I thought her description of having trouble with sleep and jetlag as a result of the travel to Japan was a good reminder of the kinds of things that can affect a skater just in the travel. Besides jetlag, there's the risk of food poisoning (even if you stay away from sushi), rink problems (ie, the frightening problem with the scoreboard, which could just as easily happen at a competition; bad ice; etc)--all kinds of things. As Jenny said, she'd travelled to Asia before and had never had any problems. The GP circuit sure can be grueling, but good for Jenny for doing so well.

I'm not surprised though at how well Jenny handled these difficulties. I think any skater who makes it to the elite level--say top 10 in the world--has got to have a special kind of strength and endurance to get there and stay there, and Jenny has done so with certainly more than her share of adversity. I think along with her demure beauty and genuinely sweet personality is a core strength of steel. I feel like calling her Wonder Jenny.

I hope she knocks 'em dead at Worlds and comes home with a medal.
Rgirl

gezando

Final Flight
I think along with her demure beauty and genuinely sweet personality is a core strength of steel. I feel like calling her Wonder Jenny.

ITA. It is always a joy to read her journal, and find out what she is doing, and who she is hanging out with. Jenny seems to have a gift of friendship, besides the entourage of 4 - 5 boys, she gets along well with Jennifer Don. I believe she left home (Boston) and room / board at the Don's when she was training with the Scvotlds.

I hope she knocks 'em dead at Worlds and comes home with a medal

ITA.

I think Jenny has the personality for public service after she retires from skating.

brenlynn

On the Ice
that is wonderful that jenny won that award! it's a shame she was so sick and didn't even get to go to accept the award, i am sure she was upset about that. but, what an honor. she really is a beautiful skater.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
A very nice and interesting journal entry indeed! Thanks for the link.

Also I found it interesting what she wrote about sleeping problems as she travelled to Japan. LOL, I have always wondered how the skaters manage the time differences, but of course some of these young people may have it a bit easier... I personally have noticed that when travelling from Europe to USA the difference is not so bad, but when coming back it can be much more difficult. It is said that sometimes some people need two weeks to get adjusted.

I wonder of which satellite network Jenny is talking about here:

>I had two days to break in my skates before my sister and I flew to Vail, Colorado to film a skating special for a new satellite network. This was my first time doing anything like this and I loved the whole process. Unlike competitions and regular ice shows, there was no audience and the emphasis wasn't on one particular performance. Instead, we would do our programs over and over again until we got the shots right for the camera and lighting. >

Could it be Ice Channel, perhaps?

Marjaana

Last edited: