Prosecutor throws out Plushenko slander complaint | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Prosecutor throws out Plushenko slander complaint

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
As for the other comments on "hero" image, it is not that. If Plushenko cannot pull out triples, why he should consider continuing and falls all over the places in LP? It is not strategy anymore, it is simply mission impossible. People with logic can deduce that fact. And yes, Plushenko is afraid of embarrassing himself by performing a routine with only doubles (he said it back in 2012 I think). And probably doubles were the only things he could pull out if he continues, BECAUSE HE IS TOO INJURED.

He said himself though that his mistakes were not due to injury, and admitted that the 3A should have been executed and he made an error, and he was clearly capable of executing a 3-3. Whether something changed right after the SP that was injury-based, who knows. Plushenko's competed for years with injuries, but the only times he's withdrawn is when he's been 5th or 6th after the SP (he's never pulled out due to injury while in winning/podium position).

As for giving Zhurankov the benefit of the doubt, just as we can't read his mind as to whether his comments were meant to be off-handed and silly gossip, we can't determine if his sources really are what led to his assertion or not. I agree with you, Mathman, that Zhurankov should really just apologize and admit he got his facts wrong, people should get over it (including Plushenko, unless he's out for money and more than just an apology), and then we just continue on to Sochi.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Why can't you even come to the realization that he's only ever withdrawn after being in 5 or 6th place was because of injuries that almost immediately he had surgeries for?? Like straight from being 5th or 6th to surgery. So it's only before surgery is almost mandatory that he skates badly so that he's in 5th or 6th. He was injured going in to the sp? What is this nonsense about being injured only after the sp? He's the one who had the surgery right after euros and so the fact is that the mistakes were injury based as others said even though right after the sp he denied they were! He's the one who had surgery right after the euros sp!!

yaya124

On the Ice
He said himself though that his mistakes were not due to injury, and admitted that the 3A should have been executed and he made an error, and he was clearly capable of executing a 3-3. Whether something changed right after the SP that was injury-based, who knows. Plushenko's competed for years with injuries, but the only times he's withdrawn is when he's been 5th or 6th after the SP (he's never pulled out due to injury while in winning/podium position).

As for giving Zhurankov the benefit of the doubt, just as we can't read his mind as to whether his comments were meant to be off-handed and silly gossip, we can't determine if his sources really are what led to his assertion or not. I agree with you, Mathman, that Zhurankov should really just apologize and admit he got his facts wrong, people should get over it (including Plushenko, unless he's out for money and more than just an apology), and then we just continue on to Sochi.

I am using Mathman's word to reply your first part of the post since I think it is more accurate then I wrote in my previous post:
Plushenko withdrew because his injuries prevented him from skating his best, not because he was fearful if losing reputation points.

For the second part, I have also replied Mathman's comment in this post: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...nder-complaint&p=743119&viewfull=1#post743119
But wait, you actually read my post, and you still decided to give Zhurankov's benefit of doubt:cool:

I think you are completely incorrect on this one. First, I don't see who is angry. We keep the guy busy. We are doing our work of typing the same stuff over and over again in replies to his rants on topics where he has no knowledge, no expertise and possess no facts. Plu fans don't normally push "report" button on Plu threads. It's not our style. Think for a second if he "moves" into other threads with his unlimited desire to rant on anything where posters would have different reaction. You would get more than really busy. And you said you don't like to work. So, Plu fans make you happy by keepping the guy within this cyber asylum. Don't worry. No one is angry. We are fine. :)

I think you are right about this. Plushenko fans are cool. I would have to single out Seniorita and Plushyfan as sweet-tempered and tolerant beyond all human nature. :)

I think I was projecting my personality onto Plushenko fans. When someone picks on my lady, I get mad right quick. (Grrr.)

ciocio

On the Ice
Zhurankov said nothing about Euro-2013. Zero. All his reference was about PR work, that Plu has a scandalious life full of show business people and the operaion was fake just like one PR trick. Euro wasn't even mentioned.

100% true! Actually that's why Zhurankov's statements were so ridiculous and inappropriate for a Eurosport commentator. He said nothing about the competition Plushenko had participated in, he talked about show business and PR. :confused:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
He's the one who had the surgery right after euros and so the fact is that the mistakes were injury based as others said even though right after the sp he denied they were!!

Why is it a 'fact' that his mistakes were injury-based when that contradicts his own statement that explicitly denies that the mistakes were injury-based and even explains what went wrong (he said himself the fall was due to a lack of focus or maybe a rushed preparation)?

gmyers

Record Breaker
Why is it a 'fact' that his mistakes were injury-based when that contradicts his own statement that explicitly denies that the mistakes were injury-based and even explains what went wrong (he said himself the fall was due to a lack of focus or maybe a rushed preparation)?

Plushenko is the one who had spinal disc replacement right after the competition was over. I mean he may say lots of things but of course actions always speak louder than words. Like they are totally unrelated? He knew about the disc before but was choosing not to do anything and then it was getting worse and worse and there was a disaster on the lutz and fell on the 3A and then right afterwards he does to have a spinal disc replaced? I mean acting like the two are unrelated is really ridiculous and makes me think you are defending this guy who plushenko sued so vehemently and ardently because you also believe plushenko didn't have surgery but just stinks now and lost all his talent.

LRK

Record Breaker
Plushenko is the one who had spinal disc replacement right after the competition was over. I mean he may say lots of things but of course actions always speak louder than words. Like they are totally unrelated? He knew about the disc before but was choosing not to do anything and then it was getting worse and worse and there was a disaster on the lutz and fell on the 3A and then right afterwards he does to have a spinal disc replaced? I mean acting like the two are unrelated is really ridiculous and makes me think you are defending this guy who plushenko sued so vehemently and ardently because you also believe plushenko didn't have surgery but just stinks now and lost all his talent.

Oh, gmyers, don't you know that he had a precarious surgery, one that's never been tried on a figure skater before, that may affect his mobility so that he cannot even compete again, putting all his work these last years (and that's almost the least of it) in jeopardy, because... For the fun of it? To pass the time? Just to cover up the shame of a bad SP?

Because naturally if his disc had deteriorated to such a degree that the surgery was actually, you know, NECESSARY, obviously it wouldn't have affected his performance at all - oh, no!:sarcasm:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

He said he made a mistake, so to me that means he made a mistake. The injury might have affected that but in Plushenko's own words, it was not due to the injury. It seems a hard pill to swallow, but the guy can make mistakes and if he makes mistakes it's not necessarily because he's injured. Clearly he felt healthy enough to execute the jumps properly or he wouldn't have competed... and as his fan, I don't see why you would accuse him of being untruthful about his mistake, nor accept the fact that he's human and, like every other skater, can be prone to errors from time to time.

I don't defend Zhurankov for what he said, but I do say that suing him is a bit unnecessary in my opinion -- I still think he was wrong and owes Plushenko an apology. You suggesting that I believe his surgery didn't happen or that I think he stinks and lost his talent is inaccurate, and contrary to previous statements I've made.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
He said he made a mistake, so to me that means he made a mistake. The injury might have affected that but in Plushenko's own words, it was not due to the injury. It seems a hard pill to swallow, but the guy can make mistakes and if he makes mistakes it's not necessarily because he's injured. Clearly he felt healthy enough to execute the jumps properly or he wouldn't have competed... and as his fan, I don't see why you would accuse him of being untruthful about his mistake, nor accept the fact that he's human and, like every other skater, can be prone to errors from time to time.

I don't defend Zhurankov for what he said, but I do say that suing him is a bit unnecessary in my opinion -- I still think he was wrong and owes Plushenko an apology. You suggesting that I believe his surgery didn't happen or that I think he stinks and lost his talent is inaccurate, and contrary to previous statements I've made.

CSG, you became the most devoted Plushy hater in the forum.... this became your mission.... :laugh: and you always criticize him, there is nothing what you like in him :disapp:... I have a hunch ... What is this, if not a kind of love?:rofl:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
CSG, you became the most devoted Plushy hater in the forum.... this became your mission.... :laugh: and you always criticize him, there is nothing what you like in him :disapp:... I have a hunch ... What is this, if not a kind of love?:rofl:

To use a past post of mine:

On the contrary, I think Plushenko is an extraordinary skater in terms of jumping ability and many times I've said he's the most consistent skater of all time -- I have never called him average (only his program choreography/intricacy pre-2012). I give him credit for going for high difficulty and having such a great presence on the ice. My criticism of him is his moments of outspokenness, which can come across as arrogance (and I acknowledge that Chan also has the same, too). And I also criticize him for sometimes going over-the-top in his movements/expression (which is a matter of personal taste) and for not developing better choreography - which made his programs appear to be a jump checklist IMO - until 2012, even though he was always capable of it (if not more capable of it before 2012 and injuries plaguing his ability). I've also said that he is the Russian man I would most like to see in Sochi, and I also agree that he is currently the best single men's skater in Russia (even though I prefer Kovtun's skating style and choreography more). His injury makes me question his Sochi status - it's pretty serious if an injury forces you to pull out - and he hasn't really done that before, and with a surgery I'm tentative about his ability to win the Olympics, let alone be on the podium -- especially given the talents and difficulty of the rest of the field. That's me taking the situation and being logical -- if you have a serious injury that requires surgery, your chances of coming back let alone winning are compromised. I take nothing away from his impressive accomplishments, and I totally respect his ability, but I'm also not going to fawn over him, and I'm going to criticize him when I think he deserves criticism.

I've also mentioned several times that his choreography has much improved in the past few years and the Sochi Olympics won't be the same without him. Just because Plushenko and his fans are out for Zhurankov's blood (or money, to be less figurative), and I'm not, doesn't mean I support or believe the false statements Zhurankov made.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Because naturally if his disc had deteriorated to such a degree that the surgery was actually, you know, NECESSARY, obviously it wouldn't have affected his performance at all - oh, no!:sarcasm:

Then why would he compete if his disc had deteriorated to a degree that it would have affected his performance? If you're about to have surgery, it makes sense to rest up, not compete in the European Championships.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I've also mentioned several times that his choreography has much improved in the past few years and the Sochi Olympics won't be the same without him. Just because Plushenko and his fans are out for Zhurankov's blood (or money, to be less figurative), and I'm not, doesn't mean I support or believe the false statements Zhurankov made.
Let me tell you something, Plush doesn't do it for money, he and his wife have enough money. He had a court case in the past, one newspaper regularly denied that he and his wife actually got married, that was a PR gimmick. Sued the newspaper and won 75 thousand rubles., Which is not so much. Especially when we know that they rejected several offers from different newspapers that offered money Sacha's (Plu's newborn son) photos. A Japanese newspaper promised $ 50,000 for them.

And on last sunday we can see Sacha on his christening...you can see Plush's fan thread. He is like his father, very cute.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
He said himself though that his mistakes were not due to injury.
As for giving Zhurankov the benefit of the doubt, just as we can't read his mind as to whether his comments were meant to be off-handed and silly gossip, we can't determine if his sources really are what led to his assertion or not.

including Plushenko, unless he's out for money and more than just an apology
He said he made a mistake, so to me that means he made a mistake. The injury might have affected that but in Plushenko's own words, it was not due to the injury.
You don't speak Russian. What's the point of making a fool of yourself by claiming that you know what Plu said if you don't understand any single word of what he said? Moreover, even if you are not a Russian speaker but if you were here for a constructive discussion, then you could have easily googled the stuff. All Plu interviews were translated and available on his site. And it goes not about Plu's interviews only, but about laws, constitution of RF and anything that you are always ready to rant about. But you didn't google. You didn't even try. Otherwise you would know that you were wrong on facts. Which again leads to the conclusion that you are simply trolling in circles just for the sake of it.
Plu never said that his fall on 3A wasn't due to injury. He never said "those exact words". He said he couldn't perform 4T at practice due to injury, that's why they decided not to do it and change the jump layout when they came to the arena, i.e. just a few minutes before SP. He also said he couldn't get adjusted to the new layout since the decision to have a new one due to injury was made too late, when he simply didn't have time to do it. As the results- things went wrong. All your "why?" is a pathetic confession of someone who is not an Olympic Champion. Of course you can't get why such an athlete keeps fighting to the very end. And even when he fails, he takes all responsibility on himself. Dai is another example who is always displeased with himself in the interviews and never praisies himself even when he skates well. It's only Patrick Chan who blamed chicken in Sochi when he lost and who already speaks of himself as of an Oly Champion. :biggrin:

As for "out for money", once again- don't judge people by yourself and your miserable SC world. Russian courts don't give mils of $ to a plaintiff. Plushfan already told you about 75,000 roubles which is about 2,360$ of chicken feed for a Benz guy like Plu. :p All this info btw was also posted on GS by me and you would know it if you searched and were here for a constructive discussion in the first place. Now we, me and plushfan, had to re-type the same stuff again. For what is all this trolling of yours? For overloading the board?

Who are "we" in your "just as we can't read his mind as to whether his comments were meant to be off-handed and silly gossip, we can't determine if his sources really are what led to his assertion or no" if you can't speak Russian? There is no "we". It's you, unless you have problems with "I". Zhurankov's words were also translated and explained, on GS as well. You didn't bother to search, now I have to re-type the same stuff again. No one has to read Zhurankov's mind because he gave his reasons himself quite clearly: he said his source was the Israeli's blog where people wrote that they called some clinics and couldn't find anyone with the name "Plushenko". And that is all. He said that on the basis of it he thinks the operation didn't take place, it's all PR work because Plu is too much in show business and blah-blah.

Do your homework well before to come on forums if you want to be taken seriously and not just some cyber troll.
I would have to single out Seniorita and Plushyfan as sweet-tempered and tolerant beyond all human nature.
:eek: WHAT? Are saying I am not sweet-tempered? No way. And I am surely very patient beyond all human nature. :)

yaya124

On the Ice
Then why would he compete if his disc had deteriorated to a degree that it would have affected his performance? If you're about to have surgery, it makes sense to rest up, not compete in the European Championships.

This kind of surgery could be a career killer that is why Plushenko tried to avoid it in the past. He used conservative treatment several times. But apparently the conservative treatment has lost its magic resulted in injury affected his performance in a disastrous way (that was what happened in EC2013), so in the end, the surgery is inevitable.

I do not understand why you cannot understand such simple logic:popcorn:

LRK

Record Breaker

Oh? So you are saying that his disc HADN'T deteriorated? Then why did he have the surgery? Pray enlighten us!

:eek: WHAT? Are saying I am not sweet-tempered? No way. And I am surely very patient beyond all human nature. :)

Well, of course you are! And just to make sure, I think I will conduct a survey of opinions form the officers of Skate Canada. :)

gmyers

Record Breaker
This kind of surgery could be a career killer that is why Plushenko tried to avoid it in the past. He used conservative treatment several times. But apparently the conservative treatment has lost its magic resulted in injury affected his performance in a disastrous way (that was what happened in EC2013), so in the end, the surgery is inevitable.

This was the surgery he never wanted to have while he was competing. He was trying to go as long as possible without it. The fact that he had it before Sochi shows how serious it was getting. You are totally right in what you posted. This surgery could end the career!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Firstly, he explicitly stated that his major error was not due to injury, and admitted he botched the jump. Secondly, I acknowledge that after the SP, his injury might have deteriorated to such an extent that he required surgery (and have accepted that he pulled out due to injury). But he was so far behind to win that there was no point in risking further injury anyways... IMO if he was in 1st or close to 1st after that SP, he would have definitely skated his LP.