wishes and dream for podium/top six | Golden Skate

wishes and dream for podium/top six

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Not your best guess but who you truly hope for in your heart of hearts.

Slightly diff idea.

Ladies: I wanna see Mao get that gold if Gracie cannot, or if Wagner cannot.

Those are my wildest wishes. Caro fourth, Osmond 5th and Yuna sixth. Only cuz she won it all, has it all. I think Yuna would have to blow both 3x3 combos to finish off podium.

Whoever of these 6 plus Akiko that skate best deserve to be the final flight. All can skate to podium easily w/out bad nerves please!

I have my vets podium and it is Mao, Caro, and Akiko. Yuna likely to win so Im sending hope vibes to my other faves. Then my babies program is Wagner (ok no kid) Gracie and Osmond.

Men are Dai, Hanyu then a flawed Chan, then Javi, Max and Florent for six. It bothers me I can no longer dream Abbott on podium. Also, if it were just old fogies night, Id feel /////brian deserves it and wish Plu a great skate-no medal though, unless he can deliver, I'm sure he wants no pity points.

Ice dancers pretty equal so Marlie this time, Voir the Shibbs-dont care 4-6. All good.

Pairs prefer V/T over S/S but whoever has the programs should win. Yuka cause she worked so hard with Smirnoff. I actually like others better. I hope Kaydee and John pull fouth. A Canadian pair would be nice in fifth.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I also want Mao to win. She has been trying to hard to stay at the top and seems to finally be skating better now than she has in a few years. Unfortunately, the gap between Mao and Yuna appears to be wider than it has ever been.

Big Deal

Final Flight
Not your best guess but who you truly hope for in your heart of hearts.

Slightly diff idea.

Ladies: I wanna see Mao get that gold if Gracie cannot, or if Wagner cannot.

Those are my wildest wishes. Caro fourth, Osmond 5th and Yuna sixth. Only cuz she won it all, has it all. I think Yuna would have to blow both 3x3 combos to finish off podium.

Whoever of these 6 plus Akiko that skate best deserve to be the final flight. All can skate to podium easily w/out bad nerves please!

I have my vets podium and it is Mao, Caro, and Akiko. Yuna likely to win so Im sending hope vibes to my other faves. Then my babies program is Wagner (ok no kid) Gracie and Osmond.

Men are Dai, Hanyu then a flawed Chan, then Javi, Max and Florent for six. It bothers me I can no longer dream Abbott on podium. Also, if it were just old fogies night, Id feel /////brian deserves it and wish Plu a great skate-no medal though, unless he can deliver, I'm sure he wants no pity points.

Ice dancers pretty equal so Marlie this time, Voir the Shibbs-dont care 4-6. All good.

Pairs prefer V/T over S/S but whoever has the programs should win. Yuka cause she worked so hard with Smirnoff. I actually like others better. I hope Kaydee and John pull fouth. A Canadian pair would be nice in fifth.

Wow, you would like to see the best one so far being off podium just because she won it all??
Doesn't matter how she will skate?
You MUST BE an ISU judge....

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Wish list:

Womens:

Gold- Kim
Silver- Suzuki
Bronze- Wagner and Osmond (tied with exact same points)

Pairs:

Gold- Pang & Tong
Silver- Voloszhar & Trankov (then announcing they are staying in until 2018 now, woohoo!)
Bronze- Moore-Towers & Moscovitch

Dance:

Gold- Weaver & Poje
Silver- Capellini & Lanotte
Bronze- dont care, as long as it is neither Davis & White or Virtue & Moir (have nothing against those teams but they have already had enough glory for a lifetime and neither will ever be considered a top 3 team all time either)

Men:

Gold- Takahashi
Silver- Fernandez
Bronze- Abbott

Unfortunately the only realistic one that could happen (probably will in too) is Kims gold and Fernandez silver (hope he wins gold amongst the more realistic possabilities). Even Moore-Towers & Moscovitch winning bronze is almost unimaginable since even though they were 4th at Worlds this year, they basically skated their best and nobody else did, and they still didnt medal. Voloszhar & Trankov winning silver behind the Germans is realistic I guess, in that it is a 5-10% chance of happening if they skate awful and the Germans are lights out, which is the only way they arent gold. I know the odds of Pang & Tong beating them are something below zero but this was a wish list.

bibi24

Final Flight
My dream top six would be for older skaters to finish on top,

Men
  1. Plushenko
  2. Chan
  3. Joubert
  4. Takahashi
  5. Lysacek
  6. Johnny Weir

Ladies
  1. Kostner
  2. Mao Asada
  3. Alissa Czisny
  4. Ashley Wagner
  5. Yu-Na Kim
  6. Osmond

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
My dream top three in singles would be

Fernandez
Chan
Takahashi

Kostner
Suzuki
Wagner

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks a lot skateluvr for creating such a geat thread! :) but will you please excuse me in advance for my impoliteness...;) Here goes mine.

Mens Gold: in my heart! :love:
Silver: again in my heart :yes:
Bronze: once again in my heart
...:biggrin:

Trewyn

Medalist
Difficult to pick a top 3, there's so many very deserving skaters and fourth is such a heartbreak placement. But here goes:

Ladies
1. Wagner
2. Suzuki
3. Kostner
4. Asada
5. Tuktamisheva or Czisny
Yu Na Kim decides she'd rather do shows than deal with the stress of another Olympics. (Because it's unlikely she doesn't win/podium if she does show up.)

Men

1. Joubert
2. Abbott
3. Denis Ten
4. Fernandez
5. Kozuka
Really hard to pick a top 3 or even a top 5 because there's several other skaters (Hanyu, Takahashi, Oda, Chan...) that I really enjoy. This top 5 is the most unlikely outcome ever, but hey, it's a dream. (And Denis Ten in 3rd might really happen.)

venlac

On the Ice
Ladies
1. Yuna *with two clean programs, and standing ovation.
2. Akiko
3. Carolina
4. Li or Murakami
5. Mao
* I think it is not a dream. she can do it again enough, like she did everytime when she get major titles.
I expect to her.

Men
1. Fernandez
2. Takahashi
3. denis ten
4. Hanyu
5. Chan

FSGMT

Record Breaker
My wish list? :biggrin: Well, here it is:
Ladies
1) Carolina
2) Akiko
3) Yu-Na
4) Mao
Men
1) Fernandez
2) Chan
3) Hanyu
Pairs
1) Savchenko/Szolkowy
2) Volosozhar/Trankov
3) Pang/Tong
Ice dance
1) Virtue-Moir
2) Davis-White
3) Cappellini-Lanotte

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a wishlist, right? So here goes:

Ladies
1. Mao
2. Akiko
3. Ashley

Men
1. Takahashi
2. Chan
3. Aaron or Abbott

Pairs
I don't follow pairs

Dance
1. Davis-White
2. Virtue-Moir
3. ?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Men:
1. Chan (with two quads and clean skates)
2. Takahashi (with two quads and clean skates)
3. Hanyu/Fernandez with 3 quads

It's hard with Takahashi and Chan because I want Takahashi to be acknowledged for his excellent skating and practically unmatched artistry (and I think I'd be most happy to see him win), but Chan's technically more ambitious, has incredible skating ability, and it would be Canada's first men's gold. Then again, Takahashi would be the first Asian to win the Olympics, too, which would also be historic. Regardless who wins, I'm hoping they deserve the win and aren't held up on PCS/reputation. If both Chan/Takahashi falter, I would want to see a 3-quad performance by Fernandez or Hanyu win it.

Ladies:
1. Mao (with 8 triples)
2. Kim
3. Suzuki/Kostner (with clean skates) or Osmond as a spoiler

Since Kim already has a gold, I would hope that Mao can pull out the stops and win gold with a 3A and 3-3... it will be a tall order for her. My other wish is that should there be poor skates by Mao/Kim/Kostner they aren't propped up by PCS onto the podium over other skaters who skate cleanly. I want to look back and see that all three women were deserving of the podium.

Pairs:
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy (the Shen/Zhao sentimental win, but hopefully earned)
2. Volosozhar/Trankov (they'll have a chance in 2018, too and I would love to see them skate more years and they might feel tempted to retire should they win gold in Russia)
3. Duhamel/Radford (with the highest difficulty I would hope it would be rewarded, like in 2013)

Dance:
1-2. Whoever skates better between D/W and V/M (again I'm torn... D/W have really upped their game and V/M already have a gold, but they're also Canadian)
3. Even though it'll likely be B/S (who are more "deserving" bronze medalists than Dom/Shab, IMO), I hope W/P can get it together and put their shaky season behind them and pull out a bronze.

yuki

Final Flight
Ladies:
1. Mao
2. Yu-na
3. Akiko/Mirai (it's a dream podium, so...)

Men:
1. Daisuke
2. Yuzuru
3. Javier

Pairs:
1. S/S
2. V/T
3. K/S

Dance:
1. D/W
2. P/B
3. V/M

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Ladies:

1.) Kim
2.) Wagner
3.) Gao
4.) Kostner
5.) Li
6.) Asada

Men:

1.) Hanyu
2.) Fernandez
3.) Joubert
4.) Farris
5.) Kozuka
6.) Abbott

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Ladies
1. Caro
2. Mao
3. Yuna
4. Gracie
5. Suzuki
6. Ashley

Caro because she needs to be multiple times champion to go with her incredible journey and a comeback of all comebacks. Mao because she needs to beat Yuna again to keep that rivalry to the end and make it the best rivalry of all time. Yuna because she's Yuna, she's o2n the podium.
I want Gracie to set herself up to dominate once the old gals cross the bridge.
Akiko because she needs a decent placement to go out on.
Ashley because she's better than the rest of them.

Men
1. Dai
2. Hanyu
3. Javier
4. Joubert
5. Chan
6. Denis

Dai because I love him. Hanyu because he has the most talent and will dominate the next quad. Javier because it would be great for Spain. Joubert, a good place to go out on. Chan, because he doesn't deserve anything more than 5th even if he skated clean. Denis, another great set up for him for the next few years.

Pairs
1. K/S
2. MT/M
3. V/T
4. D/R
5. S/S
6. D/C

K/S because they are the most beautiful pair with the most beautiful programs. MT/M because I love their style. The rest, I don't care for, but I want D/C to place high enough. They are the best US pair in a long time.

Dance
1. D/W
2. C/L
3. V/M
4. C/B
5. P/B
6. W/P

D/W are obvious. C/L for being so perfect. V/M just to keep the fight going on until the end. C/B to set them up for the next quad. P/B and W/P to keep the terrible Russians out of the top 6.

LRK

Record Breaker
For this one we chuck realism out of the window, yes? That understood, here goes:

Men:
1. Plushenko
2. Joubert
3. Takahashi
4. Fernandez

Pairs:
1. P/T
2. K/S
3. V/T
4. J/C

For the ladies I'll simply content myself with saying that if Mao won, with 3A & all top-notch, it would be so lovely, and such a fitting ending to her competitive career, and all the hard work, and class, and sheer guts she's displayed over the years.

Poice

Final Flight
Ok, so this is my wish list:

Men:
1. Y. Hanyu
2. D.Takahashi
3. J. Fernandez
4. F. Amodio

Ladies:
1. M. Asada
2. Y. Kim
3. L. Zijun