wishes and dream for podium/top six | Page 3 | Golden Skate

wishes and dream for podium/top six

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
My current wish is for Javier Fernandez to keep his Chaplin LP, skate it perfectly, and win the Gold. That program is an unbelievable masterpiece and I can't see it being topped. The way Fernandez incorporates 3 Quads into the program, with fluid transitions before and after all of them AND while staying in character, really pushes it into the stratosphere. Nobody else is able to do that.

The choreography creates a real story and range of emotions, with a brilliant array of full-body movement and emoting directly to the music. It's sublimely delightful, which is a particularly difficult feeling to express. Programs like this can easily veer into being little too cutesy, a little too broad, or too insubstantial, but this one completely nails the essence of Chaplin and that joyful-yet-sad point of view which so deeply characterizes the human experience. This is what Fernandez was born for.

deedee1

Record Breaker
The choreography creates a real story and range of emotions, with a brilliant array of full-body movement and emoting directly to the music. It's sublimely delightful, which is a particularly difficult feeling to express. Programs like this can easily veer into being little too cutesy, a little too broad, or too insubstantial, but this one completely nails the essence of Chaplin and that joyful-yet-sad point of view which so deeply characterizes the human experience. This is what Fernandez was born for.

Oh Blades, I just love your wording to describe Javi's Chaplin program and his wonderful ability to pull it off. :love: Since my earlier lurker time on GS Forum, I have always and truly enjoyed your posts with such depth in knowledge on figure skating not only as a competitive sport but also an art on ice (and no doubt as seeing your avatar :yes:) and your wording to describe with intricacy and lyricism into such details like the above! :bow: I wish my English someday will be half as good as yours, hopefully before the 21st century ends. ;)

LRK

Record Breaker
In the Euros' FP, even his little stumble was Chaplin-esque. :)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, I'll play:

Men Singles: Plushenko, Lysacek, Aaron

Women Singles: Gold, Korpi, Li

Dance: D/W, Italians, someone else

Pairs: No podium, as this event has been discontinued.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
C'mon, have some fun.

It's a WISH thread, not a prediction thread.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Well, I mean, every skater gets equal "wishes" from me. I don't care how anyone places because it's the work and final product that counts. Doesn't matter who you are. In the case of Fernandez I really think that program can't be topped, though, so it is my one wish!