Beautiful or exciting blast from the past | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Beautiful or exciting blast from the past

Ooh, thanks, Math. I remember that program and didn't know how to look it up, I love that he did that. It just goes to show that a great skater can hold the audience in the palm of his or her hand without doing jumps.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm lovin this thread! TY!

Me, too! So many forgotten gems. I thought I had a pretty good nose for beautiful performances from history, but I didn't remember so many of these.

Please keep adding to the thread!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Josee, Joannie now Osmond are the best women skaters of Canada. Josee reminded me much of Katia. Just a lovely skate!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Yes, those were amazing Sasha Skates. There is no one remotely like her. Falls in comp. from nerves, she still was beautiful. I think clean performances would have Peggy touting her and not Michelle. She is lovely. And seeing ice dance performances I never had time to watch plus Susanna, that was lovely. These are the kind of hidden gems, or forgotten great skates I hopes to see. thanks so much for all contributions. It is a fine thread, indeed. Let us keep finding our gems!

cheerio2

On the Ice
Yes, those were amazing Sasha Skates. There is no one remotely like her. Falls in comp. from nerves, she still was beautiful. I think clean performances would have Peggy touting her and not Michelle. She is lovely.

Yeah, Sasha was so beautiful to watch even with mistakes. Plus she was really a superb edge jumper. Her loops and salchows were usually spot on. And Peggy definitely rooted for her.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yes, I totally agree about Sasha. I didn't care about ladies' skating until Sasha came along; I definitely prefer the balletic look. Look at her spiral, then look at YuNa's......absolutely no comparison.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm too lazy to post the links (forgive me), but Todd's First Knight from 1996 Worlds & 1492 from 2001 Worlds are standouts for me. :love:

BlackPack

Medalist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFAsNpBJbk0 Matt Savoie 2005. He is a true poet on the ice. He is married and is a lawyer now. I wish him the best. I have never seen anyone whose skating is so transcendent that I kept repeating to myself it is pure poetry. Incidentally, Lysacek got a higher placement than Savoie, despite Lysacek having a similar jump content as well as skating to the painfully familiar and cliched staple skating music.