Will Davis and white and virtue and moir both do team? | Golden Skate

Will Davis and white and virtue and moir both do team?

vera01

Final Flight
What I really want to ask is:Would V/T participate in team event? After all, Pairs SP/FS(which is being held day after SP) is going to be held only few days after the last day of team event.

vera01

Final Flight
I think both teams would want gold medal from actual ice dance event itself, not team event(not that they don't want to win gold at team event), so the team event won't be a main focus if both teams decide to compete.

However, I won't really be surprised if both teams decide not to compete at the team event.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
If I am not mistaken, both Virtue/Moir and Davis/White already have said that they look forward to competing for the team medals in Sochi.

My predictions:
Both V/M and D/W will live up to those words and will compete in the Sochi team event. I would be very, very surprised by the absence of one or both couples from the team event (unless, heaven forbid, anyone is battling an injury).
And ... I believe that Moir and White are likely to have a rematch of WTT 2012 as team captains. If not, Virtue and Davis will lead their respective teams as captains, I think/hope.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'd be surprised if both teams didn't do at least one program in the team event. Two medals are better than one, and Canada and USA are almost assured of winning team medals if the ice dancers participate.

Cherryy

On the Ice
I think both teams will participate in at least one of the segments in team event. Even though I'm rooting for D/W to win the individual gold, imagine V/M having 3 golds - 2 individual and a team one, that would be a huge accomplishment!