Japan Open 2013 2014 | Golden Skate

Japan Open 2013 2014

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Rochette? I know that she's competed there before, but please tell me that this means that she's coming back! ;)

yude

Record Breaker
Thank you for the information! I am looking forward to seeing Buttle and Rochette :)

carignan

Rinkside
giulia95 said:
once again JSF demonstrates its immense love to Yuzuru by excluding him from $$$$ competitions systematically! Hope he will be added to the list in the near future!
The reason why JSF chose Daisuke and Takahiko is very simple. :)

1. The event is sponsored by a company which supports Daisuke. (Kinoshita Komuten)
2. The event is promoted by IMG which Takahiko belongs to. (Mao too)

jiggs

On the Ice
How are the competitors chosen for this event? Are they invited? Or can they apply to take part?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
once again JSF demonstrates its immense love to Yuzuru by excluding him from $$$$ competitions systematically! Hope he will be added to the list in the near future! :popcorn:
In fact JSF has a little or nothing to do with that. It's a purely commercial event with no official records that go neither to JSF nor ISU books. The invitation is issued by TV Tokyo, and their choice is based on one thing possible- money. ;)

The reason why JSF chose Daisuke and Takahiko is very simple. :)

1. The event is sponsored by a company which supports Daisuke. (Kinoshita Komuten)
What are you ranting about? Mao wasn't even on the list in 2011.

giulia95

Medalist
In fact JSF has a little or nothing to do with that. It's a purely commercial event with no official records that go neither to JSF nor ISU books. The invitation is issued by TV Tokyo, and their choice is based on one thing possible- money. ;)

many thanks for the explanation, now it's clear!!:)

deedee1

Record Breaker
No Yuzuru??? :confused:
Since skaters are going to show their programs, which are literally prepared for the Games, in front of int'l judges for the first time, I would have liked it more if those who are ALL eligible ones had got invited at this year's JO in the particular Olympic season...:eek:hwell:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's a "made for TV" event, right?

So they've probably limited the participants to fit into the time-slot.

It sounds like this is essentially the Japanese equivalent of "Ice Wars" or something like that.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Since skaters are going to show their programs, which are literally prepared for the Games, in front of int'l judges for the first time, I would have liked it more if those who are ALL eligible ones had got invited at this year's JO in the particular Olympic season...:eek:hwell:

I think Hanyu will be resting, good choice to peak for the Olympics
considering he suffered a lot of injuries last season

CPWest

Rinkside
Rochette? I know that she's competed there before, but please tell me that this means that she's coming back! ;)

according to a fan report in the Shen&Zhao ice show last week, Rochette said "maybe" when she was asked whether she would be back for the Olympic season. She also said that it would be challenging to have her LP ready and plan to show up in the Japan Open. So stay tuned!

Paola D

Rinkside

Many Japanese fans already predicted long before it would be Takahashi and Kozuka simply because of the reason carignan mentioned.
The reason why JSF chose Daisuke and Takahiko is very simple.

Why Mao was not on the list in 2011 is she started relearning jumps from scratch in 2010-2011 season and her overall results were not good at all in that season (sometimes painful:cry:) and she also had disastrous performances in both 2009 and 2010 JO. Probably her team thought it was smarter to skip it.

I agree with sky_fly20. I have a feeling Yuzuru is limitting shows and exposure to media to the minimum this off season.