JSF announces criteria on selections for 2013-14 season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

JSF announces criteria on selections for 2013-14 season

ForeverFish

Medalist
JSF can manipulate scoring at Nationals as much as they want. They even managed to let Asada win at NHK last year with that disastrous FS. A UR or two would be enough to change results. The criteria for #2 and #3 can be interpreted in any ways. They will send whoever they want, i.e. Asada, Murakami, and Miyahara.

Even hypothetically, I doubt they'd pass up Akiko, a World medalist, for Miyahara.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Even hypothetically, I doubt they'd pass up Akiko, a World medalist, for Miyahara.

JSF doesn't always send a skater to Olympics whom they expect to do well. It's the same organization that sent Ando to Torino to please her sponsors even though had a disastrous season and had been beaten by Nakano at every competition. They tried very hard to place Nakano above Suzuki at 2008 Nationals to send Nakano to Vancouver even though Suzuki had far better international results that season.

To JSF, Miyahara is one of the rising stars after Asada retires. Japanese media made quite buzz about her before Jr. Worlds. Suzuki means nothing to them. They have never expected her to do well. She is not supposed to surpass Asada as they clearly stated it at NHK last year.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Source: http://skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2013/130619_FS_senkokijun.pdf

JSF has announced Criteria for sending Japanese skaters to international competitions, both Junior and Senior, for the new season today. Sorry that I do not have time to do FULL translattions, but some excerpts for you! :)

<Winter Olympic Games>
Singles: max. 3 for both Ladies and Mens
1. Champion at 2013 Nationals (in Tokyo, December 2013)
2. JSF will choose one from those: either a) 2nd place at Nats, b) 3rd place at Nats, or c) the highest podium finisher (among Japanese skaters) at GPF
3. JSF will choose one from: either a) those who are not selected in 2. <<<sorry, deedee's wrong translation!!! ->do not meet the above requirements>>>, b) 3 highest ranked skaters on 'ISU World Rankings' at the time of J-Nats (end December), or c) 3 highest ranked skaters on 'ISU Best Season Score' list

Team Event
-Short Program: the skater who is to hold the highest ISU Best Season Score of Short Program at the time of J-Nats
-Free Skate: the skater who is to hold the highest ISU Best Season Score of Free Skate at the time of J-Nats
-Remarks: When the same skater is to hold the above Best Scores for BOTH of Short and Free, then Free will go to the skater who holds 2nd highest Best Season Score of Free.

Any thoughts? :popcorn:

Well, not surprised to me at all. That was largely the way it worked before, I think. Will Russian Federation and French Federation be much different?:popcorn: