Who had the best SP last season? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who had the best SP last season?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Caro's SP, too bad she didn't skate it cleanly at Euros/Worlds. I absolutely adore this sharp and obtuse music for her and I liked this seasons SP better than the one she had last season. Second would be a tie between Kanako and Adelina(loved the second half, too bad she looks absolutely mortified until she lands her jumps). Third, I think Osmond. Very very fun and entertaining. Yuna's Sp and Mao's Sp were not masterpieces this season but both had better Lp IMO
As for the men, none of the SPs had an impact on me. I am still in awe of Daisuke's last season Sp. I think the best one goes to Kozuka this season.
For the pairs, M-T/M win by far. Amazing, original and very fresh
In the ice dance, it's a tie between D/W and C/L. Both were amazing

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I wrote only about Ladies so...
MEN: not a lot of great programs here, the one I enjoyed the most was probably Jeremy's Spy...
PAIRS: M-T/M and K/S
ICE DANCE: no doubt here, D/W for sure!

sk_pizazz

Spectator
Thank you ^ jenaj for mentioning Patrick's short! Patrick doesn't seem to get a love wherever he goes, but he is one of the few skaters I can watch over and over again, just to hear the sound of those blades cross the ice & watch his stunning footwork as he goes from one side of the rink to the other.

Moment

Final Flight
Patrick's SP was very good but I loved his free program much more than that. Too bad it wasn't skated to its potential...

I wonder if the reason Patrick's SP did not get the love from fans that it deserved was because people were subconsciously comparing it to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35LT5fxt3yY

This is Chan's Elegy exhibition number. It is the finest program he ever skated. Who know he could skate like that? It's like his body was a musical instrument playing and responding to each individual note of the music.

To me, Jeff Buttle ruined it by shoehorning in a quad, a triple Axel, and some extra footwork to make a short program out of it. The fireworks merely distracted from the theme and mood. IMHO.