Zakrajsek sharing training regimen via social media starting July 1 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Zakrajsek sharing training regimen via social media starting July 1

ForeverFish

Medalist
It is the point that Tom z had nothing to do with czisny! Skaters skate injured all the time and coaches know they are injured and skate.

I didn't say anything about quitting the sport or changing coaches but not skating because you are injured and don't have to! Theyre employees of the skaters.

Well, Yuzuru Hanyu skated on a sprained ankle at 2013 Worlds. Does that mean that Orser forced him to? Probably not. Most skaters aren't willing to sacrifice a season of hard work for an injury that they believe can be overcome.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Well, Yuzuru Hanyu skated on a sprained ankle at 2013 Worlds. Does that mean that Orser forced him to? Probably not. Most skaters aren't willing to sacrifice a season of hard work for an injury that they believe can be overcome.

We are in agreement! Are my comments coming off as disagreement? Yes skaters skate because that is what they want a lot of the time!

Nigel

On the Ice
The point is Tom Z grooms his skaters to rely on him for advice and guidance. Then he encourages them to ignore pain and injury and compete while injured. When they don't skate well, he is nasty to them. Many of his most talented skaters have left him because they realize he doesn't have their best interest at heart (if he even HAS a heart, that is!).

I hate to see this man in the KnC for very young, talented skaters. Many a career has stagnated because of Tom Z.

chuckm...I think you are choosing to be very diplomatic when you say 'Tom Z grooms his skaters to rely on him for advice and guidance"...I think perhaps better words would be "influence, intimidate or , and this may be alittle strong....bully " his skaters into doing what he expects, rather perhaps what is best for the athlete. JMO

R.D.

Record Breaker
Hmm...does anyone with actual experience with him support said claims?

Not trying to start anything, just genuinely curious... :think:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watch Tom Z in the KnC after one of his skaters has had a bad performance. You can see how POd he is, and he makes no effort to disguise his annoyance.

Tom Z had the nerve to say "Didn't that feel good?" to Josh Farris after Josh suffered a more severe injury after being persuaded to skate at Nationals with an existing injury, and had a disastrous performance. Josh was crying and in severe pain when Tom made that comment.

lcd

Match Penalty
Watch Tom Z in the KnC after one of his skaters has had a bad performance. You can see how POd he is, and he makes no effort to disguise his annoyance.

Tom Z had the nerve to say "Didn't that feel good?" to Josh Farris after Josh suffered a more severe injury after being persuaded to skate at Nationals with an existing injury, and had a disastrous performance. Josh was crying and in severe pain when Tom made that comment.

Wow. I hope that there is a decent chance that this comment from Tom Z was one of those "microphone pick ups" that makes for out-of-context potential misinterpretation.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, if you watch the whole KnC exchange, it's pretty hard NOT to interpret exactly what Chuckm wrote. It was pretty cringeworthy to watch.

lcd

Match Penalty
Thanks for the unfortunate clarification. As we've seen since, Josh is quite a determined young athlete. Watching this vignette from one of the higher profile/critical points in their student/coach relationship, perhaps explains why Josh is no longer coached by Tom Z.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks for the unfortunate clarification. As we've seen since, Josh is quite a determined young athlete. Watching this vignette from one of the higher profile/critical points in their student/coach relationship, perhaps explains why Josh is no longer coached by Tom Z.

That was the last time they ever worked together. By the time Josh was allowed back on the ice, he was with Christy Krall and Damon Allen.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
It's incredible that Josh continued skating after fracturing his fibula during that skate. And though he was teary, he wasn't sobbing uncontrollably, which I wouldn't have blamed him for doing. That is really uncomfortable to watch. So glad he went immediately to a different coaching team.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's incredible that Josh continued skating after fracturing his fibula during that skate. And though he was teary, he wasn't sobbing uncontrollably, which I wouldn't have blamed him for doing. That is really uncomfortable to watch. So glad he went immediately to a different coaching team.

I think the one that always makes me cringe the most is the flying camel immediately after he'd just broken it (for those curious, it was the second triple Axel attempt; if you watch and listen closely, you can see and hear it go).

PS: FREE MAX AARON!

FSGMT

Record Breaker

I didn't know it! :disapp: :disagree: As a skater, I know how terrible it is when you skate and compete while being injuried/in pain, and I seriously HATE those coaches who don't even try to support you and understand you! :slink: Poor Josh...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think we can say that Josh is getting the best revenge possible, though. His artistry has improved a hundredfold since he left Z, his jumps are as strong as ever, and now he's a National medallist, JWC, and a dark horse for Sochi.

gmyers

Record Breaker
That looks interesting "you are connecting those two things " mroz Abbott " "they are connected!"