Skate Milwaukee | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skate Milwaukee

vera01

Final Flight

ForeverFish

Medalist
Wow, I never knew that Hae-Jin was such a marvelous spinner! I agree that her music would be great for Gracie, even if it's not entirely recognizable as Sleeping Beauty.

Gracie strongly resembles Anna in her speed and jumps; however, I think that Gracie is less rough in her attack and more...graceful. Excellent skate from Angela -- barely a blemish in that program.

Caroline's style is almost as polar from Gracie's as you can get, but her program was still, artistically, a delight to watch. I simply can't express how lovely her pearl spin is. Her toe technique, however, makes me wonder how she managed to rotate triples for so long. She desperately needed a technical coach. :no:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

ForeverFish

Medalist
Well, tomorrow's the moment of truth. We'll get to see Gracie's new SP and how far she's progressed artistically.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, tomorrow's the moment of truth. We'll get to see Gracie's new SP and how far she's progressed artistically.

FINALLY! Something substantive to talk about on here!:laugh:

I love seeing the debuts. Jason Brown's certainly got lot of attention; hopefully Gracie's will, too.

sandjohnson

Rinkside
I just got home from watching the seniors compete at Skate Milwaukee. I don't know why, but Gracie Gold did not skate in the short program. As I entered the building I saw her. I didn't say anything but she smiled back at me. Maybe she will skate tomorrow. Davis and Brubaker did skate. Their score was 41.87. I was very impressed by how quiet their blades were. She fell on the sbs jump. She also fell on the throw jump. He fell on what looked like the beginning of the footwork section. That seemed to be a crazy mistake. Carly Gold won the short program by about 8 points. She skated to Carmen. Sorry I can't tell details because I am not good at identifying jumps.

If there is something specific to look for tomorrow in the long programs, please let me know.

ForeverFish

Medalist
I just got home from watching the seniors compete at Skate Milwaukee. I don't know why, but Gracie Gold did not skate in the short program. As I entered the building I saw her. I didn't say anything but she smiled back at me. Maybe she will skate tomorrow. Davis and Brubaker did skate. Their score was 41.87. I was very impressed by how quiet their blades were. She fell on the sbs jump. She also fell on the throw jump. He fell on what looked like the beginning of the footwork section. That seemed to be a crazy mistake. Carly Gold won the short program by about 8 points. She skated to Carmen. Sorry I can't tell details because I am not good at identifying jumps.

If there is something specific to look for tomorrow in the long programs, please let me know.

Thanks for the update! I hope you enjoyed your first live competition.

That's quite surprising about Gracie. Perhaps her short program isn't completely finished yet. Good to hear about Carly -- Carmen is an interesting choice for her.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Thank you for your report, sandjohnson! Did you recognize Davis/Brubaker's SP music or type of music? I believe Gracie Gold plans to debut her FS (Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty, choreographed by Marina Zoueva) tomorrow. Hope you enjoy watching the skating! :)

sandjohnson

Rinkside
Thank you for your report, sandjohnson! Did you recognize Davis/Brubaker's SP music or type of music? I believe Gracie Gold plans to debut her FS (Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty, choreographed by Marina Zoueva) tomorrow. Hope you enjoy watching the skating! :)

I did not recognize the specific music but it was latin/tango-ish. The had very good unison, I thought. Their choreography went with the music.

vera01

Final Flight
Thank you, sandjohnson, for the reports!:)

About Gracie not skating her new SP, I'm not really surprized. I think she would've already announced the music before she skated to it.

And from Ice Network article month or two ago:
"We're keeping the short program under wraps a little longer," she said.
So I think(while we don't know the reason) she's purposely not saying anything about her new SP.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Thank you, sandjohnson, for the reports!:)

About Gracie not skating her new SP, I'm not really surprized. I think she would've already announced the music before she skated to it.

And from Ice Network article month or two ago:

So I think(while we don't know the reason) she's purposely not saying anything about her new SP.

I think Gracie was originally slated to skate the SP, but dropped out at the last minute. This could be because she's just not ready to perform it, or for the reason you mentioned -- she's got something up her sleeve that will be revealed to us later on.

Whatever the reason, she skates the FS in a few hours. Best of luck to her!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I just got home from watching the seniors compete at Skate Milwaukee. ....
Carly Gold won the short program by about 8 points. She skated to Carmen. Sorry I can't tell details because I am not good at identifying jumps.

sandjohnson, I too appreciate your reports.
Happy for C. Gold. :cool:

ForeverFish

Medalist
According to Sylvia:

Heard @GraceEGold scored 113.96 in Sleeping Beauty FS debut at Skate Milwaukee, landing 4 triples incl. 3Lz3T w/ focus on choreo in 2nd half

It sounds like she either had some mistakes, or an incomplete program. Anxiously awaiting videos/firsthand reports!

Edit: According to Gracie, via Twitter:

Haha the 2nd half was all doubles :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
According to Sylvia:

It sounds like she either had some mistakes, or an incomplete program. Anxiously awaiting videos/firsthand reports!

This cracks me up. She's scoring 113 with a second half of double jumps....?? Granted it's a domestic competition so the scores could be a bit inflated...but still....this does speak to how high her scoring potential is.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
According to Sylvia:

So, she probably didn't land her second 3Lz, her 3S and one other triple probably... What I'm interested about is the choreography, though! (4 triples with 3Lz+3T means that she probably landed her 2A+3T and the 3F then popped the loop, the second lutz and the salchow :think: )

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Given Gracie's "haha...the second half were double jumps..." quip it sounds like she planned to do it that way so she could focus on he choreography.