Jason Brown | Page 81 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Jason is assigned to Nebelhorn. :) (Happy to say that my thoughts in a previous post proved to be wrong.)

Mariah Bell also is assigned to Nebelhorn, and Jordan was assigned to SLC. Lots of excitement for Team Kori/Rohene. (They had a "competition readiness" week this week.)

(Thx to sk8ingcoach for posting the assignments in the Nebelhorn thread.)

~~~~~~~

Non-news ;):

Ohhh, thx to alabhaois for posting the quote and looking up the interview.
I think Jason would be very tickled to see the great photo of your cat :popcorn:, Stitch Monkey. You should send it to him. :yes:

Maybe if a get a better shot with better lighting and no prescription bottles and general chaos on the desk I will. I am sorta hoping to catch her batting at his feet on screen one of these days. In the mean time, here she is preferring (or should it be purrfurring) to watch little Jason to kitten videos on Youtube. . . http://i.imgur.com/yBisjq9.jpg she is an odd cat, but I love her.

Nebelhorn is the one that is doing test judging (see page 6-7) http://www.eislauf-union.de/download/Announcement_NT_2014_0.pdf for the Men's event. I wonder how how this will work out for Jason. It is nice to see him get to do the experiment, but it would also be nice to see him get to do a normal one to get some more normalized scoring feedback before Skate America.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Glad Jason's going back to Nebelhorn. Now just waiting on one more Senior B announcement....*taps foot impatiently*

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If the ice skating thing doesn't work out for Jason, he can always go into hurdles ... :laugh:

Ashley Cain Instagram

Also, I don't know if this was the interview you were thinking of alabhaois but in the Lighting Round Q & A for NBC Chicago Jason also expressed his preference for dogs over cats.

And also Ashley for maintaining that pose. Sheesh!

Did everyone see the twitter of Courtney Hicks and Jason? Another of the long line of adoring females...

And let's all root for Chase Belmontes in the JGP. *He* has four cats...:yay:

LRK

Record Breaker
And also Ashley for maintaining that pose. Sheesh!

Did everyone see the twitter of Courtney Hicks and Jason? Another of the long line of adoring females...

He does? I like him already. :)

(I adore cats.)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
If the ice skating thing doesn't work out for Jason, he can always go into hurdles ... :laugh:

Ashley Cain Instagram

Also, I don't know if this was the interview you were thinking of alabhaois but in the Lighting Round Q & A for NBC Chicago Jason also expressed his preference for dogs over cats.

My kitty was so sad to see that she turned to the bottle to drown her sorrows She has a bit of a case of dog envy.

So the Nebelhorn Thread is referring to our favorite cat under-appreciater as "Mr. Sledge Hammer Jason Brown" . . . ok not sure I am getting this one. . . at all. I am wondering is something got lost in translations or if he is skating to the Peter Gabriel song for his exhibition this year. I am really not sure I associate Jason with a Slegehammer. . . :confused:

. . . I only have three cats. . . so Chase makes me feel like I have some catching up to do. . . but will certainly be following him more now. Maybe with lyrics he can skate to music from Cats now. . . . in costume. . . some skater should do that. . . it would be cute.

Edited to add

. . . you may not want to google "Mr. Sledge Hammer Jason Brown" the top result is our forum. . . but the rest are results you may not want in your search history. . . especially if you browse at work. . . It seems that both "Jason Brown" and "Sledge Hammer" are both names/pseudonyms of actors in the adult entertainment industry that have worked together, more than once . . . Jason has way way too common of a name sometimes.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I think it is a lost in translation moment over Jason's MC Hammer exhibition from last year?

I started wondering that after awhile. Pretty sure i recall seeing a video of his exhibition where the announcer calls the singer "MicHammer" basically trying to pronounce the MC part into one word with hammer. Does MC translate to to sledge somehow?

I honestly thought I was missing something which is why i googled it. . . now I have another "not that Jason Brown" to add to the list.

Not sure I think Mr. Sledge Hammer suites him very well.

TMC

Record Breaker
I started wondering that after awhile. Pretty sure i recall seeing a video of his exhibition where the announcer calls the singer "MicHammer" basically trying to pronounce the MC part into one word with hammer. Does MC translate to to sledge somehow?

I think they are confusing MC Hammer with that fabulous, fabulous detective played by David Rasche in the 80s tv show of the same name. They were both big in the same decade in any case :biggrin:

We were huge Sledge Hammer fans back then, it was like my family's favourite show to watch together. We still say his catchphrase "trust me, I know what I'm doing" sometimes when we're about to do something stupid/risky - although my parents say it in Finnish and me and my brother in English :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
My husband loves that show. He had been marathoning it on Netflix in the last year,lol.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I honestly thought I was missing something which is why i googled it. . . now I have another "not that Jason Brown" to add to the list.

Not sure I think Mr. Sledge Hammer suites him very well.

I remember the video with the "McHammer" pronunciation: pretty funny.

Having been around as a young, working adult in the 80s, I have absolutely no memory of "Sledge Hammer" the TV show. Maybe I was watching too much skating.:laugh:

alabhaois

On the Ice

No, I wasn't aware of that one. I just watched it-- he's cute as always-- but I couldn't make out
what he said his pet peeve was. :confused:

Someone should point out to him that, athletically, he is far more feline than canine!
Who isn't impressed with the amazing powers of the big cats-- even the little cats, LOL!

Except during the recent earthquake-- mine dove under the covers. Can't say I blamed them
:eek:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
. . . you may not want to google "Mr. Sledge Hammer Jason Brown" the top result is our forum. . . but the rest are results you may not want in your search history. . . especially if you browse at work. . . It seems that both "Jason Brown" and "Sledge Hammer" are both names/pseudonyms of actors in the adult entertainment industry that have worked together, more than once . . . Jason has way way too common of a name sometimes.

I strongly advise caution if searching Max Aaron, too, for much the same reason.

Especially on tumblr.

TMC

Record Breaker
I remember the video with the "McHammer" pronunciation: pretty funny.

Having been around as a young, working adult in the 80s, I have absolutely no memory of "Sledge Hammer" the TV show. Maybe I was watching too much skating.:laugh:

Not surprised, it was a niche show even then. It often had inside jokes about how awful its slot was opposite Dallas and Miami Vice :laugh:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not surprised, it was a niche show even then. It often had inside jokes about how awful its slot was opposite Dallas and Miami Vice :laugh:

Now I understand. If it was opposite Miami Vice, I would not have known about (back in the day, Don Johnson .... what eye candy.:love:) Now if *he* had been a skater....