Jason Brown | Page 787 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jason can't watch his friends compete before he competes because he gets too nervous :laugh: He is just the purest!

Ross74

Medalist
HA! I managed to slide in the comments and pop in the whole "the last time a US man won a silver at 4CC, he also did Schindler's List" and we got treated to a Jason gush session :love:.
Thought that was you ;)

Jason says he never cried in the kiss and cry before Nationals this year!
That was pretty emotional.

From what I could tell from popping in and out, this seemed liked a great chat! He seemed to pick up speed as it went on. Have to admit I was disappointed that he was still in Chicago. I was hoping he'd been hiding out in Toronto and would be on TCC ice soon. Looking forward to watching the entire thing later. :)

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The US-Canadian border is closed for non-essential travel until at least June 22nd (CNN). It's possible Jason will be back in Toronto before the end of June.

Jason and Jordan are such a winning combination! I would have enjoyed them chatting together even longer. :)

I don’t care how much a Cricket Club membership costs. If I lived in Toronto, I’d go back to work to pay for it if I could watch Jason do *that* from the restaurant:luv17:

I have Raynaud's Phenomenon so I can't be in cold environments very long but if I could watch Jason skate from the comfort of that restaurant, I certainly would too!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
HA! I managed to slide in the comments and pop in the whole "the last time a US man won a silver at 4CC, he also did Schindler's List" and we got treated to a Jason gush session :love:.

Jason says he never cried in the kiss and cry before Nationals this year!

- - - Updated - - -

The list of skaters for whom I will wake up at stupid o'clock is short, but Jason heads the list.

I saw that question Karne! Glad to know it was you! Jordan actually read my comment on the air and I flipped out. It was the comment that Jason was the best skater in the world. His edges, flow, musicality were breathtaking. He was so sweet and said thank you so much and hoped that we are all well and healthy. Highlight of my day!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It was a great interview and Jason interviewed Jordan almost as much as Jordan interviewed him at the beginning. But once Jordan got to the comments and questions, it was all Jason. He did say that he hoped to be back in Toronto training in June, some part of June, with whatever restrictions were in place. The entire episode was close to 2 hours, but the questions and comments kept coming. Jason was so open and candid. I loved it! My cat was at my feet begging to be fed. My husband sat quietly waiting for dinner. I wasn't getting up for anything. SO much fun to see that! I was also impressed that he'd like to try choreo. That surprised me! But seeing those videos is a reminder of what a really great skater Jason is. He is just the best!

Zaki

On the Ice
I didn't know his middle name was Lawrence! It's so cute! Jason Lawrence Brown... sounds so good! Also, I like the meaning of the name ^^

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I didn't know his middle name is Lawrence! It's so cute! Jason Lawrence Brown... sounds so good! Also, I like the meaning of the name ^^

It's funny, I was always sure I had read that his middle name was Lawrence many years ago. But then it just...never came up again. He never mentioned it, it was never mentioned, and occasionally I'd wonder if I was imagining things.

Unlike the time when the USFS addressed Max by his full name in a tweet and all of us had the reflexive reaction that he was in trouble :laugh:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Watched the whole thing LIVE, beginning to end... love he has been cooking during lockdown; the ground turkey/veggie dish he mentioned has been my go-to staple for years... also he mentioned how shy and flummoxed he can get when faced with unique situations. Reminded me of 2014 Sochi when he had a chance encounter there with the gymnast Nastia Liukin .. he was so overwhelmed with admiration but was so shy about meeting her he hid behind a post .. Kori was with him, dragged him out and said something like, You Are Doing This!!! So he met Nastia face-to-face...
The skating videos were sublime.. especially love the slo-mo, I could see alot I would ordinarily miss.. he was really great pointing out Jordan 's effort in getting the best footage possible right down to the sun through the windows creating a halo around Jason's head as he skated... wonderful interview!!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Watched the whole thing LIVE, beginning to end... love he has been cooking during lockdown; the ground turkey/veggie dish he mentioned has been my go-to staple for years... also he mentioned how shy and flummoxed he can get when faced with unique situations. Reminded me of 2014 Sochi when he had a chance encounter there with the gymnast Nastia Liukin .. he was so overwhelmed with admiration but was so shy about meeting her he hid behind a post .. Kori was with him, dragged him out and said something like, You Are Doing This!!! So he met Nastia face-to-face...
The skating videos were sublime.. especially love the slo-mo, I could see alot I would ordinarily miss.. he was really great pointing out Jordan 's effort in getting the best footage possible right down to the sun through the windows creating a halo around Jason's head as he skated... wonderful interview!!

It was so much fun to watch real time. It was fun to comment. The comments weren't saved. I watched it again on replay the next day to catch anything I missed. If you go to the replay, you'll see that Yuzu posted "Go Jason" on the youtube page. Jordan also posted a separate 6 minute blooper reel in slomo and regular speed. The separate post minimizes the music in parts and we can hear Jason more clearly. What a great way to spend 2 hours!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
It was so much fun to watch real time. It was fun to comment. The comments weren't saved. I watched it again on replay the next day to catch anything I missed. If you go to the replay, you'll see that Yuzu posted "Go Jason" on the youtube page. Jordan also posted a separate 6 minute blooper reel in slomo and regular speed. The separate post minimizes the music in parts and we can hear Jason more clearly. What a great way to spend 2 hours!

It was great fun.. they are both such a delight!!

Ross74

Medalist
And Jason is skating!:hap85:

With Ro!:hap85:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBBLNECDlQk/

I feel like a fool stalking a seven year old, but I can't figure out where this is. Clearly not TCC:biggrin:

Ok this is very weird. I posted this here this morning and couldn't figure out where it went because it disappeared, then just assumed it got deleted by a mod for some reason. I just found my post on the Ilia Skirda fan thread. :eeking: I have no idea who Ilia Skirda is and don't remember ever being on his thread. I just deleted it. I think.

Anyway, glad to see Jason is back on the ice! :agree: It looks to be in the Chicago area from some Cubs references, and I think that is where Rohene has been hanging the past couple of months.

Backing slowly away from the boards....

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok this is very weird. I posted this here this morning and couldn't figure out where it went because it disappeared, then just assumed it got deleted by a mod for some reason. I just found my post on the Ilia Skirda fan thread. :eeking: I have no idea who Ilia Skirda is and don't remember ever being on his thread. I just deleted it. I think.

Anyway, glad to see Jason is back on the ice! :agree: It looks to be in the Chicago area from some Cubs references, and I think that is where Rohene has been hanging the past couple of months.

Backing slowly away from the boards....

That's quite a story, @Ross74.:) Actually, Ilia Skirda deserves a little love:biggrin: He was a Russian junior man and I think he made the JGPF at age 13. He was a little cutie, with presence and not a jumping machine. He seems to have disappeared and rumor is that he may switch to dance. Only talking about Ilia here because ice dancing, hmmmm;)

And while cruising the tags for Jason in IG, did anyone see the skater who said "Thanks for the Zoom lesson, good luck with the quarantine in Canada?" Are there tea leaves to be read there?:biggrin:

Ross74

Medalist
Thanks for educating me about Skirda, el henry. I still feel bad about leaving a Jason post up on his FF all day, but maybe nobody noticed.... :slink:

As for that IG post following the Zoom, at first I thought it might mean he would be leaving very soon, like the next day or something, but now I think it was probably more of a general statement and had nothing to do with when he was going.

noskates, the skater's name was on the IG, so not Kori's daughter. I haven't thought about her girls in a long time. Hope they're doing well.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Yay for being back on the ice, though the lack of social distancing is kinda hilarious (kinda not).

A little bit of an off-topic I guess but it's something I've been thinking about recently - how do we think the new base value changes will affect Jason (Flip and Lutz being equal, and reduction in base value of quad flip and lutz and equal with quad loop)? I am not very good at all the technical things, but will this help Jason considering he has such an excellent 3F? Interested to hear everyone's thoughts! :)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
That's quite a story, @Ross74.:) Actually, Ilia Skirda deserves a little love:biggrin: He was a Russian junior man and I think he made the JGPF at age 13. He was a little cutie, with presence and not a jumping machine. He seems to have disappeared and rumor is that he may switch to dance. Only talking about Ilia here because ice dancing, hmmmm;)

And while cruising the tags for Jason in IG, did anyone see the skater who said "Thanks for the Zoom lesson, good luck with the quarantine in Canada?" Are there tea leaves to be read there?:biggrin:

He'll have to do a 14 day quarantine once he gets back to Canada. What disturbed me about this photo is that they are clearly outside, they aren't social distancing and no one is wearing masks. Clearly this was a requested photo. But do we know that this is recent? Is the hair right? It makes sense to me that Jason and Ro might be working on his short program in Chicago. Are private rinks open there now?

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks for educating me about Skirda, el henry. I still feel bad about leaving a Jason post up on his FF all day, but maybe nobody noticed.... :slink:

As for that IG post following the Zoom, at first I thought it might mean he would be leaving very soon, like the next day or something, but now I think it was probably more of a general statement and had nothing to do with when he was going.

noskates, the skater's name was on the IG, so not Kori's daughter. I haven't thought about her girls in a long time. Hope they're doing well.

Scott Hamilton did a virtual interview with Brian O a little while back. Kori had her students on line listening and she made a brief appearance. They are all in Nashville. Jason is not in Nashville. He's most likely still in the Chicago area. But if the border reopens on the 22nd, he'll probably head back north. Skaters are on the ice at Cricket. So far I've only seen Canadians like Joseph Phan and Conrad. Kori's daughters have very curly hair. I was on the same plane to Denver that they were on once.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yay for being back on the ice, though the lack of social distancing is kinda hilarious (kinda not).

A little bit of an off-topic I guess but it's something I've been thinking about recently - how do we think the new base value changes will affect Jason (Flip and Lutz being equal, and reduction in base value of quad flip and lutz and equal with quad loop)? I am not very good at all the technical things, but will this help Jason considering he has such an excellent 3F? Interested to hear everyone's thoughts! :)

Jason recently said that he hopes to do a 4F. He said the flip is his favorite jump!

noskates

Record Breaker
I think the new base values for those jumps will definitely help Jason as it diminishes the importance of those quads. Maybe cooler heads have realized that men's figure skating (and apparently women's as well) is becoming more of a jump exercise and less of everything else. I think going to the extreme isn't always good. I think any quad is beautiful if it's done well. Most of them aren't done well and can ruin a program. My opinion, of course, but there are many fans who disagree with me. I like to see a well-balanced program with a sense of musicality and nice presentation. Not everybody is going to be a Jason but there are many who can at least strive for that level of presentation instead of just going out and zooming from one jump to another with a poorly executed spin in between. By lowering the base value of a few quads it might force skaters to only put jumps in their programs that they can actually do. I've never agreed with giving points for a failed quad just because it was attempted.