Jason Brown | Page 40 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

merinheart

Rinkside
That said, I gotta laugh ;) at some of the comments here.
I imagine that the other entries and those whom they nominated are raising their eyebrows at the disconcerting rate of votes for Jason/Kori.
So if you are feeling uneasy over the possibility that others have turned to 'bot software, obviously they could be wondering the same thing about Jason/Kori.

Haha, well I'm only speaking for myself but all I'm doing is (power) voting the old-fashioned way, one mouse click at a time. I noticed the weird voting pattern for Nick B. because he tends to get a unusually huge spike of votes for a few hours in the morning which is usually when I'm trying to get my votes in but can't because the site is all screwy. (Un)coincidently, it seems like voting is going by much smoother now that the votes for Nick has dropped back down from his huge spike earlier .

Also, IIRC, the top 2 get the ring by popular vote....and Jason is well into second place, so really it's all good. I guess it would be great to get voting bragging rights...but it's not absolutely necessary.

Oh no it definitely is! I've decided I need Jason to get his bragging rights as a consolation prize for him not going to Worlds. :biggrin: ;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Haha, well I'm only speaking for myself but all I'm doing is (power) voting the old-fashioned way, one mouse click at a time. I noticed the weird voting pattern for Nick B. because he tends to get a unusually huge spike of votes for a few hours in the morning which is usually when I'm trying to get my votes in but can't because the site is all screwy. (Un)coincidently, it seems like voting is going by much smoother now that the votes for Nick has dropped back down from his huge spike earlier .

He posted a message on Facebook and Twitter this morning, so that's why you saw the spike then.

BlackPack

Medalist
I have no qualms about using botware. I'm corrupt. Anyway, it's the purity of intention to help Jason and Kori that counts:biggrin:

Sloopy

On the Ice
Oh no it definitely is! I've decided I need Jason to get his bragging rights as a consolation prize for him not going to Worlds. :biggrin: ;)

ITA. It would make me feel a little better about not being able to see his competition programs one more time. :yes:

merinheart

Rinkside
He posted a message on Facebook and Twitter this morning, so that's why you saw the spike then.

True, it's just a little weird how drastically his votes go up for a few hours and then suddenly drop down to their "normal" rates. Just to clarify though, I'm not accusing Nick, his fans or anyone (that includes those voting for Jason) of meddling in any shady business. I'm mostly pointing out the difference between him and Jason. Jason's voting pattern in comparison seem to have a more steady & consistent rise.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
To be clear:
I am not saying that any athlete or any supporter of any athlete IS doing anything underhanded.
I am saying that if an impartial observer were looking at the rate of votes for all athletes, the pace for Jason/Kori would be even more "incredible" than for Nick Baumgartner.
So if anyone supporting Jason/Kori is feeling curious about the voting for others, it is perfectly reasonable for the opposite to be true.

If we assume (as I do) that the explanation for Jason/Kori's numbers is genuine excitement from supporters voting the old-fashioned way (as Mrs. P has elucidated), then it is only fair for us to assume the same in the case of Nick and all the other athletes who are entered.

If some are getting serious about resorting to botware, please ask yourselves, "What would Jason and Kori do/think?"
Just my two cents, but I believe that they would frown upon it. They really are pure, AFAIK.

merinheart

Rinkside
I wonder if Jason & Kori are even aware that the it's the top two who gets the ring? Or do they know something we don't know? Like maybe the first place winner getting a little something extra?

Anyway I'm sorry that I even brought up Nick in the first place. :slink: Everyone in the running for the Inspiration Award has a special story and deserves a reward regardless of what the outcome. But since Jason & Kori's story resonates more to me personally, I'm going to do my best to help them win. :yes:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have been just waiting for this!!!

Is Lynn Plage his agent?

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have been just waiting for this!!!

Is Lynn Plage his agent?

Lynn Plage is a public relations person; apparently she does freelance PR work for the sport; she also done some work for Disson in the past.

I believe Tara Modlin is Kori Ade's agent; I believe she is the one that secured the Justin's sponsorship for her. But I'm not sure if she's taken on Jason as well. (She is Polina Edmunds' agent).

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
.. Everyone in the running for the Inspiration Award has a special story and deserves a reward regardless of what the outcome. But since Jason & Kori's story resonates more to me personally, I'm going to do my best to help them win. :yes:

:agree:

ETA:
As I said earlier in this thread or another Jason thread, I understand that GS members are focused on voting for Jason and Kori. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from doing so.
But for the sake of inspiration (which is the point of the award), I finally took a few moments to read Nick Baumgartner's essay about his love for his son, and I'm glad that I did. Very touching.

CCC

Rinkside
I wish I had a ScreenCap to share when Voting first Started and Jason was less than 3,000 and in 4th Place! with Nick well over 300,000. While Jason is solidly in 2nd, I think the PowerVoting went to Nick today. Maybe this will free up some bandwidth to Vote for Jason yet tonight.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Updated graph

7:11 PM PST 3/10/14 - 9:25 PM PST 3/11/14
Nick Baumgartner: 39,612
Jason Brown: 53,296

9:25 PM PST 3/11/14- 9:50 PM PST 3/12/14:
Nick Baumgartner: 34,122
Jason Brown: 99,958

9:50 PM PST 3/12/14 - 9:55 PM PDS 3/13/14:
Nick Baumgartner: 77,761
Jason Brown: 87,386

Baumgartner's lead
7:11 PM PST 3/10/14: +199,311
9:25 PM PST 3/11/14: +185,627
9:50 PM PST 3/12/14: +119,791
9:55 PM PST 3/13/14: +110,166

Nick's initial lead on Jason from a few days ago is what's keeping him in the lead, but you can see that Jason's narrowed the gap quite a bit.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Updated graph ...

Nick's initial lead on Jason from the a few days ago is what's keeping him in the lead, but you can see that Jason's narrowed the gap quite a bit.

Thanks, Mrs. P. :)

And for everyone:
No matter what, the important thing (IMO) is that Kori feels and appreciates the love. :yes:​

thank you @jasonbskates 4 the amazing nomination & much gratitude to everyone for relentlessly voting! #inspiration pic.twitter.com/bHRgI5SVbc
2:51 AM - 11 Mar 2014
https://twitter.com/irokdamic/status/443323200269975552

Huge thanks again to everyone voting! It means so much to me to have such support for our story! http://www.octanner.com/olympics/2014/jason-brown/
1:43 AM - 13 Mar 2014
https://twitter.com/irokdamic/status/444030996564803584

mintx

On the Ice
Just got my 100 votes in for Friday. Votes can start for the next day at 1.00am CST and it goes very fast when you vote in the middle of the night. As of now Jason is at 391,772 with Nick at 499,052. Looks like Kori will be getting some new jewelry, she deserves it. I have read several other letters, one that gets me is the twin that gave up her spot on the Olympics for her sister. I hope she gets one from the committee.

Count me in for the Mrs. P. fan club!

BusyMom

Medalist
Pretty slow right now, so I rounded up all tablets and phones in the house. 700 votes from me today. Yeah...