Jason Brown | Page 101 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I actually like that Jason was not mentioned. He does not need to always be mentioned, let others have their attention. Makes me respect Arsenio more.

Agree 100% that Jason does not always need to be mentioned. Does not bother me myself one bit that he was not in the video or article.

I'm going to go back and change my wording above from "disclaimer" to "FYI."

I just wanted any busy Brownzilla out there to be aware of Jason's absence before clicking on the links -- in case she would rather skip over them. My own feeling is that they are enjoyable without Jason.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Agree 100% that Jason does not always need to be mentioned. Does not bother me myself one bit that he was not in the video or article.

I'm going to go back and change my wording above from "disclaimer" to "FYI."

I just wanted any busy Brownzilla out there to be aware of Jason's absence before clicking on the links -- in case she would rather skip over them. My own feeling is that they are enjoyable without Jason.

Happily I don't think we have seen many Brownzilla (yet, knock on ice). I was not criticizing you btw, more agreeing that they are worth posting. I agree they are enjoyable, helps to show where he came from. And again, they are so similar! Almost makes me wish they did pairs or dance together.

LRK

Record Breaker
Happily I don't think we have seen many Brownzilla (yet, knock on ice). I was not criticizing you btw, more agreeing that they are worth posting. I agree they are enjoyable, helps to show where he came from. And again, they are so similar! Almost makes me wish they did pairs or dance together.

What? I thought we were the Brownzillas?

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Thanks, Stitch. :)

Disclaimer ;)/FYI :laugh: re the origin of "Brownzilla"

Not sure whether this coinage arose before you joined GS and the thread. At a couple of different times many moons ago (hard to remember exactly when), we Jason fans in this thread have swapped ideas for a nickname for ourselves.
I immodestly will explain that Brownzilla was a tongue-in-cheek suggestion from me, to reflect our self-awareness :p that our well-intentioned strong feelings/opinions about Jason sometimes can get overly intense. Some GS members in this thread seemed to find the nickname fitting, and our subsequent sporadic usage here is meant to be affectionate and self-deprecating.​

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
omigosh baby Jordan is so cute. She is so pretty!

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jason's flexibility amuses me because it seems to break the fundamental rule of flexibility: that you lose it as you get older. Instead, he's getting MORE flexible.

(Or maybe it amuses me because I'm as flexible as a brick...)

I am glad they took the I position out and went back to the Y. There were times the I seemed to throw off his Lutz, which already is borderline on the edge call. As an aside, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw a few 3Lz! on his scoresheets this year. His Lutz is better, but I still wince every now and again...

alabhaois

On the Ice
And to think, StitchMonkey, Jason has said he could barely touch his toes as a kid-- hard to believe!!

He's come a lo-o-o-ng way

:biggrin:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And to think, StitchMonkey, Jason has said he could barely touch his toes as a kid-- hard to believe!!

He's come a lo-o-o-ng way

:biggrin:

Proof positive that rivalries are not always a bad thing. Who would have imagined, when Joshua did that Charlotte into the 2A, that it would have such an effect? :biggrin: