Jason Brown | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

lcd

Match Penalty
Nebelhorn is a great opportunity for him. Candidly, the field is wide open (code for weak). He should medal, if not win this event.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Great job Jason on your senior SP debut with a new personal best! A solid early season effort.

Also those spins keep getting better. He is practically sitting on the ice with those sit spins! :jaw:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Also those spins keep getting better. He is practically sitting on the ice with those sit spins! :jaw:

I swear his fingertips were actually skimming the ice in that sit position in the last combo spin.

Not 100% sold on his costume. But miles better than that hideous thing he was wearing last season.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I swear his fingertips were actually skimming the ice in that sit position in the last combo spin.

Not 100% sold on his costume. But miles better than that hideous thing he was wearing last season.

Yeah, I'm not 100 percent on it either, but I think it highlights his extension a whole lot better!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah, I'm not 100 percent on it either, but I think it highlights his extension a whole lot better!

Agreed! That thing he wore last season just murdered his bodyline.

I have to say, he's really selling this program a lot more this year. Edgy, sexy, sassy. And I like it!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Agreed! That thing he wore last season just murdered his bodyline.

I have to say, he's really selling this program a lot more this year. Edgy, sexy, sassy. And I like it!

I like it too. I'm definitely :eek:: watching parts of that SP! Jason is growing up! :biggrin:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I like it too. I'm definitely :eek:: watching parts of that SP! Jason is growing up! :biggrin:

Definitely grown up. And that sort of shimmy/pop thing right at the end before the last spin gets me every. single. time.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I just watched his SP from JGP Courchevel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to4kYooOlLo

When you compare it to today's performance (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x159h23_jason-brown-nebelhorn-trophy-2013-sp_sport) it's amazing how far he's come in a year (13 months to be more precise). It's like night and day. He's got the 3A, the spins are improved and all the movements are more crisp! Plus he's working the program a whole lot more and put a lot more edge into it.

It's so fun to see our favorite skaters grow. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Jason on getting the silver medal in his senior debut! :biggrin: Not perfect, but two solid programs to build on for the rest of the season!

Also this: http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/61917946

His flexibility is so amazing. He's thisclose to high fiving his skate!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Jason is ready to roll this season. At Nebelhorn, he bettered his international best SP by about 9 points. His Jr Worlds LP last year was better, but he also got a personal best total score.

In an interview after the SP, he said he was sometimes landing a quad now, but it was not yet competition ready.

Binthere

On the Ice
Exciting to see him skate so confidently during his early years as a senior international competitor. Hope he can always maintain his sense of joy and freedom when he performs, as the years move ahead and the 'stakes get higher'

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Exciting to see him skate so confidently during his early years as a senior international competitor. Hope he can always maintain his sense of joy and freedom when he performs, as the years move ahead and the 'stakes get higher'

I do too! And I think he will. Kori seems to know how to keep him grounded and focused. Honestly their interactions at the K&C is a big highlight for me when I watch his programs.

And Jason himself seems to have a great attitude regarding his career that will bode well with him in the future.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they wondered if the "happy sunshine" image Jason has will still work when he's 21+. Well, I think we're starting to see some interesting "character development" (for want of a better phrase) in the SP. It's darker, heavier, more sensual, less happy and boppy like Riverdance. The SP really makes you stop and think and go, hang on, this is a man, a man who is not all sweet innocent delights, but has knowledge of sensuality and sexuality. The LP is still happy, bright, bouncy Jason, which fits the music, but that SP, the more I think about it, is very much a step away from that persona.

And I sound like a creeper now, so I'm shutting up.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason Brown ‏@jasonbskates 1h
Honored and excited to be on practice ice with Nobunari Oda! I've admired his skating for years! He's incredible! ✨ pic.twitter.com/hBVywgpYvK
https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/382905067839315969

Aw, that is really cute to see Jason bit a bit fan boy-ish. :)

And so a "bromance" was born. :) :love:
Can anyone resist Brown's personality? A few short days later, he "adopted" his idol/podium-mate/new friend Oda as a cheerleader for Hubbell/Donohue.
Photos of Brown and Oda hanging out and goofing around together (along with Cain, Davis, and Brubaker):

Kori Ade ‏@irokdamic
Fun to see @jasonbskates and @icegirlash teaching Nobunari Oda how to cheer TEAM USA style! pic.twitter.com/NsAx81IZqJ
1:57 PM - 28 Sep 13
https://twitter.com/irokdamic/status/384059332977246208

Jason Brown ‏@jasonbskates
Cheering on @MadiHubbell & @ZachTDonohue with the help of Nobunari Oda! He joined in on the fun! They #skatedtogold! pic.twitter.com/3WI3wtcOWE
3:33 PM - 28 Sep 13
https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/384083397351849985

Congratulations to all who won Nebelhorn medals and Olympic spots for their countries. :bow: