Jason Brown | Page 37 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

ice coverage

Record Breaker
And now even more narrow!

Jason is at 137.1k. Curt is 139.4; 2.3k difference.

Keep voting.

I do not expect anyone in this thread to vote for anyone but Jason, and I'm absolutely fine with that.

But ... for those who were touched by Jason's letter to Kori:
For the sheer inspiration, you'll do yourself a favor to read the essay that Tomasevicz wrote about his fellow bobsledder/best friend Emily Azevedo. (I enjoyed Curt's tribute to her many days ago, long before knowing that Jason and he would become neck and neck in the voting.)
http://www.octanner.com/olympics/2014/curt-tomasevicz/

Wish all the nominees could win the award.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I do not expect anyone in this thread to vote for anyone but Jason, and I'm absolutely fine with that.

But ... for those who were touched by Jason's letter to Kori:
For the sheer inspiration, you'll do yourself a favor to read the essay that Tomasevicz wrote about his fellow bobsledder/best friend Emily Azevedo. (I enjoyed Curt's tribute to her many days ago, long before knowing that Jason and he would become neck and neck in the voting.)

Wish all the nominees could win the award.

I threw a couple of votes Curt's way as well. It is a really lovely letter.

I agree, it would be nice if all the nominees could get something.

For the record, Jason just passed Kurt in votes: 139.7 vs 139.6. It's going to be close!

Last edited:

on_the_horizon

Rinkside
Lovely to see Jason giving credits to his coach. Hope they can continue their professional relationship as long as possible. :)

BlackPack

Medalist
So touching... I was just watching Voir's Umbrellas de Cherbourg and now this. I want to cry! And Kori looks far younger than 40. I'm happy the skating world has Jason and Kori in the many years to come. They're really something to look forward after so many veterans have retired after Sochi.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, Jason's vote count is going in the way of his YouTube viral video views. :)

He's now at nearly 144.9k votes, well past Curt Tomasevicz's 140.1k votes. In fact, he's actually closing in on Eddy Alverez's 147k vote total and the second place spot.

Amei

Record Breaker
She's 40?!? She looks good for her age. Does anyone else think she looks a lot like Kate Walsh, Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice, or is it just me?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Speaking of which you all should vote. Kori's closing in on second place! :)

Last edited:

CCC

Rinkside
Jason into 2nd!
Nick Baumgartner 346,294
Jason Brown 146,983
Eddy Alvarez 146,869
Curt Tomasevicz 140,341

noskates

Record Breaker
Good observation - she DOES look a little like Kate Walsh. She's a very attractive woman.

I've been voting but it really takes a long time for that site to load. You get 100 votes per day!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jason's nomination is now squarely in second place!

Nick Baumgartner: 352,454
Jason Brown: 164,215
Eddy Alverez: 147,617
Curt Tomasevicz: 144,084

Jason's a ways from first, but I also didn't expect him to jump to second so quickly, so who knows!

merinheart

Rinkside
Anyone else having trouble voting? The site's been down/very buggy for me since yesterday. Hope Jason manages to stay in second place. Found the official rules and it turns out the top two, not three, will win based on the popular vote. The OC Tanner & US Olympic committees will then select two more recipients of the Inspiration Award for a total of 8 rings awarded (the other 4 goes to the Paraolympians).