Jason Brown | Page 547 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ah I love the song and it seems so suited for Jason (and Rohene's style of choreography!) Cannot wait :love:

Slight digression but I cannot remember right now if we've had swear words in titles before, and if yes, did they censor them or what?

Ha. This is something I never expected to talk about in a Jason FF. This is truly a new chapter lol.

I’m not sure tbh. I’m trying to think of a skater who had any sort of expletive in their song titles and I’m drawing a blank.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
.... ok I admit it... i am looking forward to seeing Jason say the title of his SP without blushing.

He sure is keeping us entertained this off season.

What on Earth is David Wilson going to come up with to counter this?

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
LOVE IT!!
Kinda reminds me of Ed Sheeran's (Sons if Anarchy ) Make It Rain, at least tempo-wise.. Vanessa James/Morgan Ciprès SP music last season..

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Speaking of Chicago blues, Rohene attended a tribute to Little Walter (Juke) last night in Chicago.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkjSFz4F97G/?hl=en&taken-by=roheneward

So let's hope Love is a B**** goes over better than Juke. (though I liked it ;) )

You and me and the judges loved Juke. And the judges are the ones that count:biggrin:

I see this as a choice in the style of Juke, in that it is bluesy, albeit a much slower tempo (although a modern day re-imagining of blues? No BB King or Muddy Waters songs were good enough?). Of course we need to see the program, but right now the little snippet of choreo looks on point.

I think this could work:)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
As i mentioned on the programs thread, the song is a TOTAL cognitive dissonance based what Jason's done in the past and his personality, so I get the skepticism.

That song is raw, dark and sensual. If Jason pulls this off, it will be a pretty impressive performance feat for him, IMO. Broadway, this is not.

And yes, he did the Sam Smith program, but the song is super bombastic and dramatic and plays up on Jason's showman talents.

Basically the choreography and Jason's skating has to carry this SP music, not the other way around.

(I still maintain this is going to be good, but won’t deny that this is a challenge.)

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not seeing this as such a song of a black hole of emotions, :confused: but maybe because it seems just a tad weaker than its forbears in music. BB King, "The Thrill is Gone", *that's* sad and sensual. But I realize I'm holding poor Two Feet to an extraordinarily high standard.

Also, Jason said he wanted sad and angsty, for lack of a better word, after last season. And all the black hearts.:biggrin: Now he has it.

And I read that this Two Feet person has a tune entitled "Go Bleep Yourself". Now that would be a stretch for Jason:laugh2:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ha. The ISU would have had all sorts of issues trying to put that on the ISU bios and what not. :laugh:

I don't think it's a deep and meaningful song, by any means, but there's definitely some feelings in there that I don't think Jason has expressed in his skating. Not that you have to experience heartbreak to perform to a song about it, but I wonder what he's going to tap into to interpret this music.

I suppose he could use the heartbreak of last season ...

Anyway, I want more of the SP now! HAHA. We're so spoiled.

Last edited:

Ross74

Medalist
So last April, el henry posted this Japanese tweet about Jason's programs with a poor machine translation: Is there any way this music could be described as fun, upbeat and energetic? :laugh: Was the translation that bad, or did he change the music?

el henry: Did someone from the Japanese fan club get info on next season's programs, or are they guessing? Any help from Japanese speakers?

https://twitter.com/JasonBrownFP/sta...75466540785665

Bing translate says:

"SOI ⭐️⛸ CHICAGO) pg for the next season, SP is a fun system that is upbeat and energetic, FS seems to be an emotional thing. Free is still like the future. I'm looking forward 😊 to M&G father and mother. I want to be able to spend the time when I am slow in my home after a long absence 😊❤️"

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Yeah I want more short program too! Speaking of B.B. King, el, I actually sent some B.B. to Rohene a year or so ago and said that even if the exact stuff I sent didn’t work, maybe it would give him some ideas. Not sure if there’s any connection with the new SP, but who knows!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KEfzmf8CiAs

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So last April, el henry posted this Japanese tweet about Jason's programs with a poor machine translation: Is there any way this music could be described as fun, upbeat and energetic? :laugh: Was the translation that bad, or did he change the music?

Yeah, I remember that tweet too which is why it was a bit jarring when I heard it the first time!

FWIW, the poster who saw Jason practice his SP at the Air Force rink said the music was "modern" and "sophisticated." So this music fits that.
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?41239-Jason-Brown&p=2057620&viewfull=1#post2057620

ETA:
Jason's going to Skate Canada and Internationaux de France! He's chilling' with Shoma again in Canada and he'll be up against Boyang and Nathan in France.

ETA 2:
And it turns out that Jason's new TCC BFF Evgenia ALSO got the same GP assignments. Dang. The skating universe's wishes come true!

Last edited:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason is sharing both his GPs with Zhenya and he has medaled at both previously (when IdF was Trophee Bompard) -- When does the season start? I'm ready now. :laugh:

I listened to the whole SP song and I'm liking what I'm hearing. Like others have said, I'm getting Question of U vibes from the brief clip and that SP remains my all time favorite from Jason so I have high hopes.

Misha Ge is visiting the TCC and took a photo with Jason: Martian & Candy

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Not an easy GP series for Jason, looking at those names. I'm sorry he didn't get SA or NHK but I'm sure he'll do great again.

Ross74

Medalist
Two cute pics of Jason, Zheniya and David Wilson. Nice comments, too. "2 angels floated from the heavens... " "how lucky am I" :laugh:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bklajd6Drp3/?hl=en&taken-by=itsmedwlsn
https://www.instagram.com/p/BklavdlD-JF/?hl=en&taken-by=itsmedwlsn

Do a good job, David! You have some super talent to work with.

Misha Ge is visiting the TCC and took a photo with Jason: Martian & Candy

Cute pic!

Re the GP assignments: Well, I'm mainly happy that Jason doesn't have NHK. I think he needs a break from that one. And I'm weirdly happy that he shouldn't be at a GP with Kori until France. Hopefully he'll have his emotions in check by then. And SC is close, so travel fatigue shouldn't be an issue. All in all, I’m happy.

vla13

Rinkside
Welp, looks like I'm going to Skate Canada! lol. Love the lineup with Jason and Zhenya, and with me in NYC, it's def the most cost-effective compared to Skate America and 4CC. Excited, haven't been to a competition in years.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I’m jealous of all the people going to SC! Glad you get to go via13!

I am going to SkAm and GPF! I think it will be tough for Jason to make it, but who knows. :)

(Also Jason is completely in dark horse territory again. Lol.)

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am also (not weirdly) happy that Jason got whatever de France rather than NHK, it has been such bad luck for him:shocked: I am a pagan at heart! And Zhenya and Jason same GPs, too cute.

And now that Yuzu will not be there, oddly enough, Jason and SC look so much more appealing. As in there will be tickets.:biggrin: Seven hour drive. I can get 450 miles on one tank in my Prius. Hmmmmmm

(Of course with a Star Trek transporter Grenoble, Jason and Deniss look extraordinarily appealing. Alas, no transporter yet.....)

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
It's official, I will be in Grenoble!!! Just bought the tickets :hap93: