Jason Brown | Page 56 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I consider anyone who is older than Jason by a lot to be on Cougar status, LOL. :) Anyway, auntie fans is probably more PG for these boards. :biggrin:

I was watching him at practice in Boston and I sat next to this local family (they were from Cambridge, to be more precise). They weren't figure skating fans, but just decided to attend practice as a Saturday morning family activity. Anyway, they LOVED Jason! I mean it was just a practice and people were going wild for him! The father taped his Riverdance run through, which he later sent to me...and it was amazing how captivating that performance was even though it was just a practice!!

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/11/16/63967842/joyous-brown-becomes-overnight-paris-sensation

This was from when he was at Trophee Eric Bompard before all the viral craziness... The french audience LOVED him.

Yes, one of the biggest surprises for me of the Grand Prix selections was that Jason is not going back to TEB. I think that's a mistake on the part of the USFSA.

I had a friend in college just like Jason--bubbly and happy pretty much all the time. A real energy-giver of a person: she'd just walk into a room and the whole energy level/general atmosphere would just lift. It's really a gift from the heavens. And he does look more filled out this year. Not so gangly barely post-adolescent. I wonder if he has been lifting weights on a more regular basis. It looks like he's added muscle mass.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes, one of the biggest surprises for me of the Grand Prix selections was that Jason is not going back to TEB. I think that's a mistake on the part of the USFSA.

I had a friend in college just like Jason--bubbly and happy pretty much all the time. A real energy-giver of a person: she'd just walk into a room and the whole energy level/general atmosphere would just lift. It's really a gift from the heavens. And he does look more filled out this year. Not so gangly barely post-adolescent. I wonder if he has been lifting weights on a more regular basis. It looks like he's added muscle mass.

That's what I was thinking. I feel like he was such a skinny boy in the past. It's good his body is maturing nicely. :)

USFSA doesn't have a say over who the French fed invite though....I'm actually surprised he didn't get the nod for NHK. He seems to have a lot of Japanese fans...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think the extra muscle --especially in the upper body -- he's got so far has helped. His jumps looked much bigger. His 3F-3T, in particular, looked fantastic!

His 3F looks so huge now! So huge that it almost makes me think that a 4T might not be the right approach...

I wonder if Plushenko's praise has made Jason a popular option in Russia.

And he does look more filled out this year. Not so gangly barely post-adolescent. I wonder if he has been lifting weights on a more regular basis. It looks like he's added muscle mass.

Yes, I wonder. Maybe he's been hanging out with Max :laugh:. Let's hope he keeps it on!

That's what I was thinking. I feel like he was such a skinny boy in the past. It's good his body is maturing nicely. :)

USFSA doesn't have a say over who the French fed invite though....I'm actually surprised he didn't get the nod for NHK. He seems to have a lot of Japanese fans...

I think Jason's body has had a more adult look for the past couple of years; now it's time to put on weight, so I hope he can keep it on this year.

I'm sure Jason's time for NHK will come :) Maybe they thought that since he already has some Japanese fans, they could give some exposure to others.

Elena-nak

Rinkside
I live far away from Moscow, but maybe, maybe... November is so far... So early to plan something, but of course I would like to go to RC :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I live far away from Moscow, but maybe, maybe... November is so far... So early to plan something, but of course I would like to go to RC :)

I hope you get to go, Elena! It would be so special if you could.

Elena-nak

Rinkside
I wonder if Plushenko's praise has made Jason a popular option in Russia.

No.
Jason is quite popular person in Russia without anything from Plushenko or others.
He did all this himself.
For many of us figure skating is no only jumps, but a beauty too. Even primarily sometimes.
But we waiting for a quad and a stable 3А as well :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So here was Jason's layout today.

3z-2t
2t
CCsp
3a
FCCoSp
---
3l
StSq
2a-1l-3s
3f-2t
2z
ChSq
2a
CCoSp

Best guesses at the final layout (jumps only)
3z-3t
4t
3a
---
3l
2a-1l-3s
3f-3t
3z
2a

Repeat lutz and toe loop

Or

3z-2t
4t
3a
---
3l
3a-1l-3s
3f-3t
3z
2a
Repeat lutz and axel. If he pops the quad to a triple, then he would just double the jump in the 3f combo.

Or!

3z-2t
4t
3a
---
3l
3f-1l-3s
3f-3t
3z
2a

Repeat 3f/3z. This is the least likely.

Some interesting jump layout choices it seems! Seems there's some flexibility in the layout.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's a really good thing that his jump layout is so flexible. It gives him breathing space if either the quad or 3A doesn't come off. In fact, it worked completely all season last year except for that totally evil dumb rule at the Olympics which saw one of his jumps get tossed.

alabhaois

On the Ice
Here you go - the original version of the first Prince costume (Courchevel). Apparently one of his friends told him he looked like George Washington, so they toned the ruffles down later (Junior Worlds). He just got a new costume for the second season of the program, which was the purple vest one that was...okay. Not my favourite.

This is my favourite Jason costume (US Nats 2012).

It's actually Sunday afternoon where I am. :p

Thanks for filling me in, karne-- the first version of the Prince costume wasn't really up to par. Your favourite costume is very nice-- I'd never seen that one before.

Endlessly fascinating. :)

alabhaois

On the Ice
So here was Jason's layout today.

3z-2t
2t
CCsp
3a
FCCoSp
---
3l
StSq
2a-1l-3s
3f-2t
2z
ChSq
2a
CCoSp

Best guesses at the final layout (jumps only)
3z-3t
4t
3a
---
3l
2a-1l-3s
3f-3t
3z
2a

Repeat lutz and toe loop

Or

3z-2t
4t
3a
---
3l
3a-1l-3s
3f-3t
3z
2a
Repeat lutz and axel. If he pops the quad to a triple, then he would just double the jump in the 3f combo.

Or!

3z-2t
4t
3a
---
3l
3f-1l-3s
3f-3t
3z
2a

Repeat 3f/3z. This is the least likely.

Some interesting jump layout choices it seems! Seems there's some flexibility in the layout.

Mrs. P, you are amazing the way you broke it down. :)

TMC

Record Breaker
You're absolutely right-- I did not care for "the sprinkler"-- it looks vaudevillian (no offense intended to those who like it)! But, let's face it, Jason is so adorable he can carry it off easily. And when I say "adorable," I don't mean it in a gushing way-- it's just a fact. Truly!

This is my problem with the sprinkler (don't mind the finger guns):

The music is from the 40s and I imagined a young man having fun and dancing in a smoky and dark Chicago club to Little Walter performing live, and he's dancing like he has an audience of pretty young ladies ;). That is so cute and happy and cheerful.

Then the sprinkler comes and I'm unexpectedly :eek: thrown from the 40s/50s era to 70s/80s and for me, it just breaks the style really badly :scratch: :slink:

TMC

Record Breaker
Good-- I don't feel so silly now. I have never been to a live skating exhibition, but I think I'd have a meltdown if I ever went. Once a program has been completed and I know there are no falls, then I can watch the video and just enjoy the program.

Maybe I'll grow out of it but I'm doubtful.

When I watch Youtube vids, I check the end for the scores first. If there's a -1, I'll know to expect a fall and it won't hurt my heart so bad ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*chuckles*

You guys broke my dropbox. All fixed now.

EDIT:

I wanted to add, if you want it, please download it as soon as you can, because I don't know how long it will last.

TMC

Record Breaker

Karne I love you!!!!

Couldn't get it at 1st because there was so much traffic - all them fans! But I just watched no and I LOVE IT SO MUCH MY HEART ACHES! I seriously was in tears afterwards and this was the 1st competition!!!!!

I just can't believe how special Jason is and how special Rohene is for designing this masterpiece!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Karne I love you!!!!

Couldn't get it at 1st because there was so much traffic - all them fans! But I just watched no and I LOVE IT SO MUCH MY HEART ACHES! I seriously was in tears afterwards and this was the 1st competition!!!!!

I just can't believe how special Jason is and how special Rohene is for designing this masterpiece!

Download it quick, I wouldn't be at all surprised to wake up tomorrow morning and find my account gone.