Jason Brown | Page 641 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The practice groups are a little strange. All of Team USA is practicing with all of Team Japan. ... Does anyone know if all 26 are skating the FS or if they have a cutoff?

AFAIK, it is customary for all skaters from the same federation to be in the same practice group.
I suppose it is a matter of opinion as to whether it is any more strange or less strange for a certain combination of federations -- such as USA and Japan, in this case -- to be in the same practice group?
(I do not know how the combinations of federations are determined.)

AFAIK, 24 men will advance to the FS.

Good luck to Jason. :)

Ross74

Medalist
Jackie's practice notes for Jason: https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1092840148859969536
Brown: 3F, 3Lo, 3F2T, 3F3T, 3Lz2Lo2Lo, 3A, 3A3T, 3A3T, 4S(fall), 3S, 4S(fall), 4S(<<,2ft), runthru (3S, marked A, 3Lo, 3A), 3Lo

Also, Jackie's 4CC preview. He has Jason in 3rd. https://www.rockerskating.com/news/2019/2/5/2019-four-continents-preview-men-is-it-unos-time-to-win
BRONZE Jason Brown USA - At this point in his rebuilding season, Brown is likely just where he wants to be - he got through the US Championships and made it to the second half of the season; he has rediscovered some of the consistency that he used to have; he has found a quad in practice that he wants to translate into competition. At the US Championships, he skated perhaps the best short program of his career. The spark that was missing earlier in the season was back, and he’s ready to take another step forward this week in his season.

And one more Jackie comment from the latest IceTalk on Nationals. I wrote this down because I liked it. :) Or maybe it was Nick who said it...
"I'm really appreciating right now the Jason Brown journey"

So am I! :agree:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Jackie's practice notes for Jason: https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1092840148859969536

Also, Jackie's 4CC preview. He has Jason in 3rd. https://www.rockerskating.com/news/2019/2/5/2019-four-continents-preview-men-is-it-unos-time-to-win

And one more Jackie comment from the latest IceTalk on Nationals. I wrote this down because I liked it. :) Or maybe it was Nick who said it...

So am I! :agree:

Thanks for posting! Is this the first time Jason hasn’t tweeted a photo on the plane and how excited he is to be going?

I’m glad he’s really going for the 4S and falling, rather than popping. But I wish Jackie would stop predicting medals for him! :)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks for posting! Is this the first time Jason hasn’t tweeted a photo on the plane and how excited he is to be going?

I’m glad he’s really going for the 4S and falling, rather than popping. But I wish Jackie would stop predicting medals for him! :)

Jackie is second to no one in calling elements, but his predictions are generally not that accurate. Jason will medal if he skates clean and others don't. I am hoping for a clean skate with or without a quad.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Well per reports from rink he’s practicing quads today. Falls and maybe one clean so far. Better than pops though.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Well per reports from rink he’s practicing quads today. Falls and maybe one clean so far. Better than pops though.

Definitely better than pops! My wish for 4CCs is a freeskate with no pops. Clean and under control! Any reports on who is coaching for this competition?

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It worked!

I guess they will draw after this practice? Or is it tomorrow?

Great! I believe the draw is tomorrow after the last practice. The Freeskate practices will be in starting order, but not these as far as I can tell. The Men's competition times are challenging for those of us on the East Coast. I may have to watch on replay. The freeskate will end at about 2 AM here. Challenging for east coast skaters like Jason and Jun as well. I don't know when they got to Cali, but adjustment to time zones takes a few days.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He was utterly perfect in the runthrough. Saw a couple of 4S falls, one of them looked clean, and one he stood up on that was definitely UR but he at least stood up. He looks calm, confident, and very luminous in that fluro shirt.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Jackie is second to no one in calling elements, but his predictions are generally not that accurate. Jason will medal if he skates clean and others don't. I am hoping for a clean skate with or without a quad.

Yup, cos Boyang is at 4CC this time. Reports say Boyang is landing his 4 Lutz. Then there's Jun Hwan, Kazuki Tomono. Vincent Zhou too, even with all the URs, Vincent's BV is higher.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks, :hap10:

Also, could that be our GS friend Coyote Chris in the foreground in the blue baseball cap, sitting next to a gentleman in a yellow baseball cap (I've never met Chris, but from all his great FOFS photos, which he made public, so I don't think it's inappropriate to mention, it looks like him.....)

I chuckled when I saw him! That's him. He is definitely a die hard! :hap57: