Jason Brown | Page 662 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

reneerose

Final Flight
OnIce Perspectives is a former ice dancer named Jordan Cowan. His IG is filled with his work and it is very impressive. He had a portion of Jason's SP a few months ago that was swoon worthy.

Ahhh...thanks for letting me know! I always wondered how the videos were done and by whom.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Back to the skates....

I don’t know the history of every skater at TCC, but it seems a lot use Edea. Brian and Tracy would not be susceptible to mere sales pitches.

My guess would be that something about learning jumps with TCC’s approach might be better served with Edeas?

:pray:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Back to the skates....

I don’t know the history of every skater at TCC, but it seems a lot use Edea. Brian and Tracy would not be susceptible to mere sales pitches.

My guess would be that something about learning jumps with TCC’s approach might be better served with Edeas?

:pray:

That's a possibility. I can fully understand that Jason might want to try a new brand of skate, but not in the middle of the competition season. So now is the time to try something different. It would have been too much change last season. But now he's beginning to master the new skating technique, so trying different boots and blades makes a lot of sense. He's lighter than he used to be as well. And he's probably stopped growing.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
My understanding is that this change was recommended to Jason while he was still training in Colorado, but it was vetoed. I have no details.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
My understanding is that this change was recommended to Jason while he was still training in Colorado, but it was vetoed. I have no details.

That's interesting! He did have some sort of promotional arrangement with Jackson, I believe. That might have influenced the decision. And he has said several times that he was being pulled in different directions. But apparently now is the time. We'll see if he likes the Edea boots and new blades and if they seem to help him master the skills he's trying to improve.

Ross74

Medalist

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
^Same, but I’ll take keeping Rohene on board for now.

I think we were all hoping for Rohene and either Shae-Lynn or some other choreographer. It will be interesting to see what they come up with for him. David does know him better now. And the choreography changed completely from the time it was created to the end of the season.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m just thrilled they’re keeping Rohene:yahoo: David Wilson, I don’t hate him, I don’t love him. Just not the 60s with a bowling shirt. Baby steps :)

Brain and Tracy are not stupid people. They see which program had the fans and the judges entranced. Much like they didn’t know about the splits and the spirals (or so they say ;)), they didn’t know the magic that Jason and Rohene can create at their best.

Now they do :yes:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
:slink: I expect Tracy knew already :slink:

She certainly knew about the Russian split. She talked about that right after it was announced that he was moving to Toronto. I think maybe Brian and David didn't know what Jason could do. That was fairly obvious. They know now! Jason will be working and training all summer, according to that Lynn Rutherford article. So he is taking a proactive approach to next season. That magic 18 months mark comes in December just before Nats and World's. He wants to be ready!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
https://www.teamusa.org/News/2019/A...tagaya-Youngsters-Ahead-Of-2020-Olympic-Games

Really nice article on Jason’s post world activities in Japan!

And it sounds like Rohene will do at least one of Jason’s programs next season, yay! And it sounds like he’s focus on going full steam training in the off season. :)

At least one? Oh you mean maybe a new show program too? The thought of Rohene and David Wilson working together on a single program is....mind boggling. :)

A bit OT for this thread, but I’d love to see Rohene do a program for Zhenya....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It’s not super clear, but it sounds like Rohene will be involved in his competiton programs in some way. I don’t see Rohene being the type to co-choreograph a program.

Last edited:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
At least one? Oh you mean maybe a new show program too? The thought of Rohene and David Wilson working together on a single program is....mind boggling. :)

A bit OT for this thread, but I’d love to see Rohene do a program for Zhenya....

I don't think that there is any possibility of Rohene and David working together. Rohene is his own road show. I assume that one will do the short and one will do the free. There might be a new exhibition, but Jason could easily use a retooled Hamilton or Love is a Bi**h for that.

The thought of a Rohene program for Zhenya is intriguing. She is very intense and a perfectionist. She might butt heads with Rohene. But I have no doubt that he could choreograph something brilliant for her. Jason and Rohene are magical together. But it is good for Jason to stretch and try things that he is less comfortable with. I think that if Jason had been confident in his 4S, he would have been able to execute that FS at a much higher level. I'm sure that is a major goal for the summer.

jacky

On the Ice
I think it is great rohene is working with Jason again . iwas hoping for this they create magic together.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I don't think that there is any possibility of Rohene and David working together. Rohene is his own road show. I assume that one will do the short and one will do the free. There might be a new exhibition, but Jason could easily use a retooled Hamilton or Love is a Bi**h for that.

The thought of a Rohene program for Zhenya is intriguing. She is very intense and a perfectionist. She might butt heads with Rohene. But I have no doubt that he could choreograph something brilliant for her. Jason and Rohene are magical together. But it is good for Jason to stretch and try things that he is less comfortable with. I think that if Jason had been confident in his 4S, he would have been able to execute that FS at a much higher level. I'm sure that is a major goal for the summer.

I never seriously thought it would be Rohene / David Wilson working together - just a joke. :) The idea for Zhenya/Rohene came to me when I saw her doing a spiral - it made me realize there’s so much she can probably do that we’ve never seen her do. And of course, the same is true with Jason, so it does make sense for him to continue to branch out from Rohene.

In one way, I think it’s a good idea for him to do another program with Wilson - as has been said, he will now have a better idea of what Jason can do, and hopefully that means something more inspired by / tailored to Jason and not quite so generic. I understand that this program was intended to stretch Jason, and it did have some really lovely moments. I also agree that the 4S probably impacted his performances. But overall I still don’t think it was a great program. IMO, even if he had skated it perfectly, it wouldn’t have had the impact of, say, the Piano.

But anyway, hopefully they will build on what they learned this year and the music and costume will be more beautiful.

And I really hope he shares more this year instead of making us wait til the season starts! :)