Jason Brown | Page 686 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, like old times, Sk Am and NHK. (And I was completely wrong about CoC:laugh:)

Well, Jason needs to get that NHK monkey off his back at some point, and it means NA tickets will actually be available to see him.

I’ve only looked at men, but it appears the Brian/Tracy go with their men skaters to the one GP juju is strong:biggrin:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
So... SA with Jun and NHK with Yuzu. Interesting.

Conrad Orzel will also be at NHK so TCC is well represented in the men's field.

Jason doesn't share any GPs with Evgenia this season but shares both with Karen Chen.

NHK has been so problematic for Jason. I hope this year he has a break through and competes as well as he did at IdF last year.

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
I think Jason's GP assignments are quite good. Plus he has a month in between his events since he's doing the first and last competitions.

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Conrad Orzel will also be at NHK so TCC is well represented in the men's field.

Jason doesn't share any GPs with Evgenia this season but shares both with Karen Chen.

NHK has been so problematic for Jason. I hope this year he has a break through and competes as well as he did at IdF last year.

What was the previous problems wth NHK??

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, calling all you Vegas haterz :)laugh:). See you there! Can hardly believe Jason and his buddy Shoma won't do a GP together. How can this be?! Seriously, come to Vegas -- easy flying, easy ground transportation, reasonably priced hotels (especially Sun.--Thurs.).

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
What was the previous problems wth NHK??

Jason loves Japan and NHK but for some reason he hasn't had good luck when he's been assigned there. He's either become injured and had to withdraw from the competition or hasn't skated his best.

Ross74

Medalist

Admittedly my stomach lurched a little when I saw this, but this is a road block he CAN deal with.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
My original guess was SCI and NHK, so I was half right. It appears that Team USA and Skate America want Jason in Vegas. I expect to see family hikes to Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon after the competition. Was happy to see that he has two competitions with Karen and one with Danny and Tarah. But he never gets easy GP assignments. These will be challenging, but I can see Jason in the mix for podium even if it's bronze. What did surprise me was that Alex K didn't get two GP assignments, while Camden did and without SA. And Tomoki did as well. But now I wish I could go to Vegas (I can't.)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jason sells tickets - I imagine he will always be chosen for SkAm unless he objects or otherwise can't be.

I really hope he can break his NHK curse.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Still trying to wrap my mind around NHK:drama:

But lest I be mistaken, I have no objection to Vegas as a Skate America site, in fact I think it's a good idea and will attract folks. I am grumbling from a point of personal privilege: about ten, fifteen (?) years ago, I went to Vegas for work. And went again. And went again. Six times in total. You do not know the meaning of "hot" (and I don't mean sexy;) ) until you are standing in a suit jacket and suit skirt and pantyhose in 104 degree weather in downtown Las Vegas, waiting for your colleagues to come by with the nice air conditioned car.

Some memories will never leave me, even if it's a far cry from a jaunt to see Jason at SA:laugh:

Imov

Medalist
Japan loves Jason I think his NHK assignment would be great.
And I wanna see him and Aymoz at the same event, both beautiful and graceful skaters.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I wanna see him and Aymoz at the same event, both beautiful and graceful skaters.

THIS!!!!! And it will only happen in NHK, and most probably at ACI in Canada ... :tantrum::cry:

I am a member of team ":scratch3: NHK" for Jason, I so pray that the tide will turn this time. Quietly and hopefully I had placed him for Rostelecom and already began a research for a travel plan, I am quite gutted :drama:
If I am not mistaken he always included at least one European leg in a season, that was part of the reason for my assumption, and I do hope the tradition will continue, by him doing one of the Challengers.
At this point Nebelhorn is the most likely, Golden Spin will be tight IF he seriously aims for GPF. (which is seriously not to be discounted, as he has a fair chance of finishing on the podium for both events if he skates cleanly, perhaps with a little "help" from others.) So I predict Nebelhorn for Challenger... ?

eaglehelang

Final Flight

If I am not mistaken he always included at least one European leg in a season, that was part of the reason for my assumption, and I do hope the tradition will continue, by him doing one of the Challengers.
At this point Nebelhorn is the most likely, Golden Spin will be tight IF he seriously aims for GPF. (which is seriously not to be discounted, as he has a fair chance of finishing on the podium for both events if he skates cleanly, perhaps with a little "help" from others.) So I predict Nebelhorn for Challenger... ?

Last year Jason said he wanted to go one of the Europe Challengers but Orser and/or Tracy were not going, so he went for ACI.
I know Orser went Finlandia with Jun Hwan, Jason wanted to go another one.

So it's either Finlandia was added later (Jun Hwan went 2 Challengers)or cos Jason wanted to go Lombardia.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Many of us may already have seen it, but I love this photo of Tracy, Jason and Brian on IG:

Year ✌️ with this incredible team is underway! ❤️

And Zhenya's comment: Time flies!!! <my desktop doesn't like the emojis: two beating hearts and crying face>

:luv17:

Last edited:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Many of us may already have seen it, but I love this photo of Tracy, Jason and Brian on IG:

Year ✌️ with this incredible team is underway! ❤️

And Zhenya's comment: Time flies!!! <my desktop doesn't like the emojis: two beating hearts and crying face>

:luv17:

I've been checking Jason's instagram regularly to no avail and then got busy... and he finally posted! I guess they are back in Toronto now? Looking forward to seeing what Challengers Jason gets and both GPs. Hoping it goes well! It's going to be a challenging season for Jason. Can't wait to see his programs!

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I've been checking Jason's instagram regularly to no avail and then got busy... and he finally posted! I guess they are back in Toronto now? Looking forward to seeing what Challengers Jason gets and both GPs. Hoping it goes well! It's going to be a challenging season for Jason. Can't wait to see his programs!

According to this instastory post (reposted by team.orser), Jason was still in China as of this morning and has been joined by Conrad and Amelia Orzel:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzA5ixfjNSV/

Corey Circelli is also mentioned in the post so I'm assuming he took the video but his instagram is private so I can't confirm that info.

Ross74

Medalist
According to this instastory post (reposted by team.orser), Jason was still in China as of this morning and has been joined by Conrad and Amelia Orzel:

Corey Circelli is also mentioned in the post so I'm assuming he took the video but his instagram is private so I can't confirm that info.

I thought this was curious. Is Jason going back this weekend, or maybe staying another week? Corey appeared to be there earlier than the Orzels since something else of Corey's that Team Orser posted (date unknown) said it was Day 2 in Beijing, and the Orzels just arrived today.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States

Interesting! Jason clearly has been training, but there must be some additional reason for all these TCC skaters to be there.