Jason Brown | Page 698 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Zaki

On the Ice
Conrad and Junwhan are both in for ACI. Not sure at this point that Zhenya will be at Nebelhorn after ACI, so looks like Jason will be the sole representative of TCC wherever he goes. :(

Conrad has only NHK at the end of November so he could do more than 1 Challenger and be with Jason if he doesn't get Lombardia.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm a bit sad because I was hoping to see her and Jason together again this season but it makes sense to have her doing ACI. :sad21:
Sooo... Jason will be without any other TCC skater for his Challenger...

I'm sad that Jason and Evgenia are not at any competitions this season. I love seeing them at the gala. I think Jason might do US Classic. I wish he was going to Shanghai Trophy.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do not know how to navigate this page;:( is there a direct link to Nebelhorn entries?

I’m sorry @MGStyle, if you could go, it would certainly be cooler than Rome:biggrin:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I do not know how to navigate this page;:( is there a direct link to Nebelhorn entries?

I’m sorry @MGStyle, if you could go, it would certainly be cooler than Rome:biggrin:

Entries for Nebelhorn are due not later than: Friday, August 23rd, 2019 according to the ISU announcement so the document madraykin posted seems to be a publicity flyer.

Here's a rough Google translation of the section mentioning competitors:

The entry list is not complete yet, but German Champion Nicole Schott and German Ice Dance Champion Shari Koch / Christian Nüchtern have announced their arrival, as well as dancers Jennifer Urban / Benjamin Steffan. High-caliber participants from abroad include Tae Ok Ryom / Ju Sik Kim from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea), multiple Olympic starters Miriam Ziegler / Severin Kiefer from Austria and European Vice Champion 2016, Alexei Bychenko (Israel). The popular American Jason Brown wants to present his new freestyle on "Schindler's List" in Germany for the first time in front of an audience.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah hah, I went back and looked at the paragraph, thank you@katmari.

My German is pathetic, but I agree that Jason is “beliebte”:biggrin:

And I never thought debuting Schindlers List in Germany. Oh I’m going to cry even more:sad21:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist

Panic button has already been pushed and I am trying to find a way to get there. Honestly I would LOVE to visit Oberstdorf, it is a paradise for an Alps lover like myself!!!! It is just that there is no convenient connection from Rome to get there. :palmf: but oh well, a friend of mine I was hanging with in Grenoble last year came from a remote village of Hungary, and it took her two days to get there including sleeping in a train station :eek: and said it is always like that when she goes to any skating event, so I guess I can't complain too much...
But I agree, a debut of the Schindler in Germany is so ironic!!!! Did he give a thought about that???

Ross74

Medalist
The popular American Jason Brown wants to present his new freestyle on "Schindler's List" in Germany for the first time in front of an audience.

Well, there you go. I can definitely see how he would think this way. It's just seems tight for a first challenger to be so close to the first GP.

Didn't he go on to become U.S. Champion after his last Nebelhorn outing? Followed by Nats in Greensboro? Maybe there's some good karma there. ;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It does give him more time to work on his programs, especially the SP, which he’s only had for about two months. I don’t think the turnaround is terrible it’s four weeks between Nebelhorn and SA, which he’s done before.

And yes he won Nebelhorn in 2014!

Ross74

Medalist
............. I don’t think the turnaround is terrible it’s four weeks between Nebelhorn and SA, which he’s done before.
19 days from the last day of Nebelhorn to the first day of SKAM official practice. Not terrible, but with travel, not a ton of time to work on the programs in TO. Maybe he'll have to forgo playing tourist with the parents post-comp this time. :) Good luck to anyone thinking of making the trek to Oberstdorf!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Maybe it’s meaningful for him personally to debut the FS in Germany.

@MGstyle, I’m sorry, I know you were hoping he would be at Lombardia, but I hope you’re able to travel to Obertsdorf.

Leaving aside my personal angst with the time difference (I think the men’s SP starts at 3:00 am Thursday my time) I think this is a good choice for Jason. It gives him a bit more time to polish the programs, it’s relatively low key, and it’s at almost the same altitude as Vegas.

I also think that going without his TCC teammates might benefit him. He’s such a team player and such a supportive friend but I sometimes think he hasn’t quite made the leap to thinking of himself as someone who could potentially win a GP or medal at Worlds. Some of that is realistic based on his technical deficit, but I think some of it is in his head - remember when Yuzu canceled at NHK and everyone thought Jason would win, but then he kinda fell apart? I think he needs to be able to handle expectations like that. He’s good at handling pressure when he’s doing it for the team (ie make sure we get 3 Olympic spots). Now I think he needs to be able to do it for himself. I know he’s won Challengers before, but I think a Challenger without Yuzu - where he doesn’t automatically see himself as fighting for silver or bronze - might help him start the season thinking of himself as someone who deserves to make the GPF and/or who can potentially medal or win on a bigger stage. JMO.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
19 days from the last day of Nebelhorn to the first day of SKAM official practice. Not terrible, but with travel, not a ton of time to work on the programs in TO. Maybe he'll have to forgo playing tourist with the parents post-comp this time. :) Good luck to anyone thinking of making the trek to Obersdorf!

Well he’s done back to back competitions and won US Classic after doing Lombardia the week before, so I’m not too worried.

And with a few extra weeks he might just need polishing rather than make major changes for the GP. And then he has six weeks between SKAM and NHK.

I probably shouldn’t suggest the possibility he could do Shanghai Trophy then. ;)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well he’s done back to back competitions and won US Classic after doing Lombardia the week before, so I’m not too worried.

And with a few extra weeks he might just need polishing rather than make major changes for the GP. And then he has six weeks between SKAM and NHK.

I probably shouldn’t suggest the possibility he could do Shanghai Trophy then. ;)

I want him to go to Shanghai Trophy. They have not announced all the skaters yet.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Shanghai Trophy is October 3-5. Skate America men’s SP is October 18. Going all the way to China with all the associated jet lag at both ends, plus a 4+ hour trip from Toronto to Las Vegas, which is at altitude, less than 2 weeks before Skate America, sounds like a recipe for disaster to me and I really hope he doesn’t do it. He was really low energy at Peggy Fleming after flying home from China, and I’d hate to see him repeat that at SA.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like the idea of a Jason only from TCC for Jason’s skating, as much as I love seeing Jason with his teammates.:luv17:

And although I know it’s not official, Jason’s name seems a pretty random one to pick for publicity purposes if he did not intend to go. I do know that skaters at the 2017 Philadelphia comp knew their Challenger (because I overheard them;) ) so I would think they know it now.

But we don’t :devil:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I like the idea of a Jason only from TCC for Jason’s skating, as much as I love seeing Jason with his teammates.:luv17:

And although I know it’s not official, Jason’s name seems a pretty random one to pick for publicity purposes if he did not intend to go. I do know that skaters at the 2017 Philadelphia comp knew their Challenger (because I overheard them;) ) so I would think they know it now.

But we don’t :devil:

Oh gosh I’m sure they’ve known for awhile. And I doubt the source is unreliable. USFS just likes to make everyone wait.

So we have to wait six weeks until we see the programs? Could be worse, I guess. :)

It was interesting to hear him say in that IFS article that he was working on the quad every day now. I wonder how often he worked on it last season? In any case, I’d guess Nebelhorn is a much easier, more low key place than ACI to bring out the 4S again. If he could just land a clean one, I’m guessing his confidence would soar.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think USFS is just waiting until the application deadline passes. They actually been slightly ahead of the entries release. They basically been releasing assignments every Monday. We’ll probably get Nebelhorn two weeks from now!