Jason Brown | Page 706 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Tavi...

Record Breaker
The type of accident he was in - where a car is hit broadside - can cause serious injuries. It sounds like he was very, very lucky. But whether or not he actually had a concussion, the fact that he’s been off ice and is being monitored by doctors means there was some cause for concern.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The schedule is here: https://www.eislauf-union.de/files/users/593/CSGER2019_ColouredTimeSchedule_2019_08_26.pdf

Men SP is 11:00-14:30 local time
Men FS is 14:45-18:45

Germany is 8 hours ahead of MDT,5
So 3:00-6:30 for the SP and 6:45-10:45 for the FS!

If Jason skates in the last group in the SP, I should be able to watch. It will be 3 AM MDT, but my body and mind will still be on EDT. I will be awake by 5 AM MDT for sure. It will be like 7 AM here. I arrive in Denver on the 21st and I try to stay as close to NY time as possible. I usually get a bit off, but never switch over entirely. I'll be watching on my ipad. Small screen, but at least I'll see it. Hope the injury if there is one, is not a factor by then. He certainly looked ok in photos from Champs Camp, but who knows?

Ross74

Medalist
Any news of how Jason is doing?
:pray: he is doing well

Well, I haven't heard anything but hope he's doing well. I'm actually hoping there might be an update on TSL tonight.

Now the the weekend's 3 comps are over, I'm back to thinking about this. I'm sure everyone here has thought about Nebelhorn and the possibility of him withdrawing due to the injury. Even if he's able to do the jumps without consequence, is it wise to do a long transatlantic flight following even a mild concussion? There are so many unknowns regarding the injury, given we only have one source, but I can't help thinking about it.

Zaki

On the Ice
Well, I haven't heard anything but hope he's doing well. I'm actually hoping there might be an update on TSL tonight.

Now the the weekend's 3 comps are over, I'm back to thinking about this. I'm sure everyone here has thought about Nebelhorn and the possibility of him withdrawing due to the injury. Even if he's able to do the jumps without consequence, is it wise to do a long transatlantic flight following even a mild concussion? There are so many unknowns regarding the injury, given we only have one source, but I can't help thinking about it.

I had the same thought but I hope to be able to see him at Nebelhorn. If he'll withdraw it means the concussion is something serious. 😭

Please Jason, tell us you are ok. 🙏

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
OMG I was shocked to pop on here as I felt the Jason news was relatively quiet and see this... I listen to TSL but they're so sarky and dismissive towards Jason I actually tend to skip over the sections they talk about him, especially when he hasn't competed.
Everything crossed that he recovers and they keep an eye on him- concussion really messed up Gabby Daleman, and as a rugby fan I've seen how dangerous concussions can be.
I'm assuming the fact that he was cleared to go back to jumping (and triples, no less) suggests it's not a severe concussion and they were perhaps being over-cautious... Keeping everything crossed that he's ok!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I've been concerned also, and wondered about Nebelhorn. If he does skate, will he attempt the quad or wait until Skate America? I was wondering if he was a spectator at ACI, but he clearly wasn't spotted, as Javi was. The strategy may be to keep him out of the spotlight and focused for as long as that is possible. He's gone into Yuzu mode. Hoping for a superbly trained, HEALTHY Jason at Nebelhorn next week.

sallyhatchet

Rinkside
OMG I was shocked to pop on here as I felt the Jason news was relatively quiet and see this... I listen to TSL but they're so sarky and dismissive towards Jason I actually tend to skip over the sections they talk about him, especially when he hasn't competed.
Everything crossed that he recovers and they keep an eye on him- concussion really messed up Gabby Daleman, and as a rugby fan I've seen how dangerous concussions can be.
I'm assuming the fact that he was cleared to go back to jumping (and triples, no less) suggests it's not a severe concussion and they were perhaps being over-cautious... Keeping everything crossed that he's ok!

OMG me too! I was like I wondeer what's up with Jason and was so shocked to see this! Surprised the news hasn't gotten out elsewhere? I really hope he is okay! I wish there was some kind of official statement.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm not going to lie, the potential overlap between Nebelhorn and another sporting event dear to my heart has the potential to be 48 of the most glorious hours of my life.

Ross74

Medalist
Per USFSA website, Jason has withdrawn from Nebelhorn. :sad46:

So sad to hear this. Sorry for all those planning to go, and sorry for Jason. This has to be very hard for him. :ghug:

I hope he can give us an update soon, and I hope it's just a precaution and not an indication of the seriousness of his condition.

Ross74

Medalist
According to this protocol, he should have been off ice a minimum of 10 days before being given permission to do triples and spins.

https://www.usfsa.org/story.aspx?id=90254&menu=sportscienceandmedicine#chapter10

Considering that we don't know what day the accident occurred, it's possible he was adhering to the protocol. If it happened on the drive from the airport to Irvine, and if he flew there on Friday, for example, it would have been close to the 10 days. My guess is today may have been the deadline they set for themselves to make a decision, and decided it wasn't worth the risk when they could stay put and give him more time to heal completely.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Of course, when all we have is Doug Haw’s interview, that leaves Jason’s fans to wonder and hope that nothing is truly amiss.

So bummed selfishly that I won’t see his programs but also concerned:sad21:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Considering that we don't know what day the accident occurred, it's possible he was adhering to the protocol. If it happened on the drive from the airport to Irvine, and if he flew there on Friday, for example, it would have been close to the 10 days. My guess is today may have been the deadline they set for themselves to make a decision, and decided it wasn't worth the risk when they could stay put and give him more time to heal completely.

Very true. But these suggest it might have happened later. As el henry said, it’s too bad we don’t have any info from USFS, TCC, or Jason / his family.

https://twitter.com/jasonbrownfp/status/1166552207426277378?s=21
https://twitter.com/jasonbrownfp/status/1166831034182144000?s=21