Jason Brown | Page 757 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Maybe there is a better version somewhere, but Twitter does have its uses (as curated by Forza Jason Facebook page;) )

Yuzu and Jason try the ending poses of each others' programs.:laugh:

If you don't know what's going on, you may wonder why Yuzu just flops to the floor at the very beginning. These two are just too much:biggrin:

There is someone with Doping Control on the back of their jacket looking anxious as Yuzu falls to the floor. This is hilarious!

Ross74

Medalist
Well for today’s most random and useless thread contribution, has anyone besides me noticed that in several of the 4CCs pix, Jason looks as tall or even a bit taller than Yuzu? I was pretty sure it was my imagination because for years his bio has listed him as 170 cm (5’7”) and I knew Yuzu was taller than that. Guess what? Jason’s ISU bio has been updated and I’m not crazy. He’s now listed at 173 cm (a touch over 5’8”) (Yuzu is listed at 172 cm). If anyone ever again says Jason’s not a late bloomer, we can officially laugh. :). Although I guess you could argue it’s just his hair that’s taller now. :devil:

Not so random! I was thinking the same thing when I saw some of those pics and assumed it was my imagination. So funny! And someone really changed the specs on his bio! That must be why his jumps were off early in the season. Growth spurt! :laugh:

noskates

Record Breaker
Cute video El. I may be a touch sentimental tonite but does anyone else think it speaks to the management of Brian and most likely Tracy that all these elite skaters they work with act like they're a family? Or am I just being drippy. :sad46: I remember all the "oh nos" when Jason went to Toronto and would he fit in, yada! yada! Silly people. The guy with the Doping Control on his back - now there's a job walking around in that jacket all day. Jason just looks all grown up and manly now - filled out, healthy. What made me think that was watching the YouTube of Riverdance.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Not so random! I was thinking the same thing when I saw some of those pics and assumed it was my imagination. So funny! And someone really changed the specs on his bio! That must be why his jumps were off early in the season. Growth spurt! :laugh:

That actually occurred to me. My son kept growing until he was nearly 25 and he ended up 6 foot 5. It's not that unusual. Jason may have grown another inch. Half of it might be just from his posture improvement.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Cute video El. I may be a touch sentimental tonite but does anyone else think it speaks to the management of Brian and most likely Tracy that all these elite skaters they work with act like they're a family? Or am I just being drippy. :sad46: I remember all the "oh nos" when Jason went to Toronto and would he fit in, yada! yada! Silly people. The guy with the Doping Control on his back - now there's a job walking around in that jacket all day. Jason just looks all grown up and manly now - filled out, healthy. What made me think that was watching the YouTube of Riverdance.

I think that part of the philosophy at TCC is that you can all be friends and still compete. Look how close Yuzu and Javi were and they battled for years. That was one of the first lessons they taught Jason. Be very focused when you compete. Be friendly after you're done. It is very much a family environment there. But it's not for everyone. It IS great for Jason.

alexg

Rinkside
I think that part of the philosophy at TCC is that you can all be friends and still compete. Look how close Yuzu and Javi were and they battled for years. That was one of the first lessons they taught Jason. Be very focused when you compete. Be friendly after you're done. It is very much a family environment there. But it's not for everyone. It IS great for Jason.

TCC is great. But Jason wasn't taught that by them. He already knew and displayed that before moving.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m thinking part of the TCC Bro fest at 4CC may be demonstrating Yuzu feeling more at ease with Jason. Of course all of us here k ow and love Jason for his natural optimism and friendliness. But Yuzu had to get accustomed to life without his great friend Javi. Can we hope that maybe Jason is playing a little bit of that role?

And I think he is getting more of the Eye of the Tiger that Brian prizes. Some of those serious practice face photos going around ... he can channel those for the anime villain.;)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I’m thinking part of the TCC Bro fest at 4CC may be demonstrating Yuzu feeling more at ease with Jason. Of course all of us here k ow and love Jason for his natural optimism and friendliness. But Yuzu had to get accustomed to life without his great friend Javi. Can we hope that maybe Jason is playing a little bit of that role?

They've known each other for over a decade, after all, and there have been several times over the years where Jason won my heart by little touches of friendship...

And yes, working together given both of their huge talents must be good for them both.

(ps - re playing a villain, maybe he can study Yuzuru's patented 'murderface' for inspiration, the Japanese do love it...)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yuma looked a bit dazed and confused during the medal ceremony and after. He's never played with the big boys before. He'll get used to it. Love those fancam photos!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
So those of you who don’t listen to TSL, two tidbits from the most recent episode:

- Jason and Satoko are fans of each other’s SL programs
- While Jason has been at his family’s house in Southern CA, he has worked with Frank and has been seen landing 4Ts

noskates

Record Breaker
Ohhh Tavi - your last tidbit was music to my ears. It would seem that Jason was very, very close to landing that damnable jump so maybe just a little tweaking did it. WOO HOO

Ross74

Medalist
So those of you who don’t listen to TSL, two tidbits from the most recent episode:

- Jason and Satoko are fans of each other’s SL programs
- While Jason has been at his family’s house in Southern CA, he has worked with Frank and has been seen landing 4Ts

Good to know he was working with Frank. I saw some pictures of them taken at the rink last week, but you couldn't tell if they were working together or if skaters just had them pose together.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Ohhh Tavi - your last tidbit was music to my ears. It would seem that Jason was very, very close to landing that damnable jump so maybe just a little tweaking did it. WOO HOO

Well to be clear, it was in practice, and he was seen landing good ones in practice at Nats and 4CCs too. But I think the more times he lands them in practice, the more likely he is to hit in competition when the adrenaline is high. :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh now I need to go looking for the photos ... love me some Jason and Frank:agree:

of course seeing Jason in the desert so close to Worlds, I did wonder....Now I know I don’t need to crack the whip :biggrin:

noskates

Record Breaker
I don't care where or when he lands them - just so he lands them. I always think about how challenging his 3A was and now it's a thing of beauty. But I thought Frank had retired. Or is it just that he doesn't go to competitions anymore.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
A number of skaters worked with Frank in preparation for 2020 Nats, based on what I happened to see on various Instagram accounts.
(ETA: I am not saying that Jason was one of them.)​

Starr Andrews was an example:

p.s. An announcement for tomorrow's celebration in Lake Placid said that Frank would be among those attending.

Congratulations to Jason on his Nats and Four Continents medals. :yay:

(LOL, did anyone notice that he originally left the ice at the Nats gala without remembering up to pick up his jacket that he tosses aside during his program? He had to sneak back on to retrieve it after Mariah already was on ice getting in position to start her program. :ghug:)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
A number of skaters worked with Frank in preparation for 2020 Nats, based on what I happened to see on various Instagram accounts.
(ETA: I am not saying that Jason was one of them.)​

Starr Andrews was an example:

p.s. An announcement for tomorrow's celebration in Lake Placid said that Frank would be among those attending.

Congratulations to Jason on his Nats and Four Continents medals. :yay:

(LOL, did anyone notice that he originally left the ice at the Nats gala without remembering up to pick up his jacket that he tosses aside during his program? He had to sneak back on to retrieve it after Mariah already was on ice getting in position to start her program. :ghug:)

That is funny! It wouldn't have been if Mariah had skated into it, but it is so totally Jason to be scurrying back on the ice to get his jacket. I LOVE it!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
We had video years ago - the summer of 2016, I think? - of Jason landing clean quads. I've always believed he can. But practice and competition are two different beasts. I'm sure he'll get there. If not at Worlds, early next season.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
We had video years ago - the summer of 2016, I think? - of Jason landing clean quads. I've always believed he can. But practice and competition are two different beasts. I'm sure he'll get there. If not at Worlds, early next season.

I agree. I think the encouraging thing for me is that there are multiple reports, both in competition practice and elsewhere. He can do it- I hope he can believe in himself.