Preliminary Entries NHK 2013 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Preliminary Entries NHK 2013

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Right. And you will dispute every UR call she gets because you can see so much better than any tech team out there!

Sjs5572

Final Flight
My predictions for Ladies:

1. Mao Asada
2. Gracie Gold
3. Akiko Suzuki
4. Elena Radionova
5. Satoko Miyahara
6. Mirai Nagasu
7. Valentina Marchei
8. Elene G.
9. Alena Leonova

zamboni step

Final Flight
Right. And you will dispute every UR call she gets because you can see so much better than any tech team out there!

Actually she performed at the Asian Trophy and received only one UR call in the FS on her second triple lutz. This program included a fully ratified 3Lz-3T and a 2A-3T in the second half. She also received no edge calls and if you watch her performance you can see a notable improvement in her jumps; they're still small, but they're rotated. Protocols here, video here and also here is a video of her performing on The ICE where you can see a clear improvement in height.

Also there's no need to be snappy, Blades of Passion actually provides solid logic behind his reasons for questioning UR calls, not just fervent rambling that you seem to liken it to.

Bea

On the Ice
Chafik Besseghier withdrew. It's too bad that he can't be replaced by now.
I wonder what happened to Chafik. He hasn't withdrawn from TEB (at least not yet).

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
1. Mao Asada
2. Akiko Suzuki
3. Elena Radionova
4. Gracie Gold
5. Alena Lenova
6. Mirai Nagasu
7. Zijun Li
8. Satoko Miyahara
9. Elene Gedevanishvili
10. Valentina Marchei

I shall keep my hope low for Mirai, so she wont leave me sad. :popcorn:

I wish that would work for me. I don't expect Mirai to place much higher based on her Finlandia PCS scores by an international judging panel. She could improve her TES if she's not hit by a ton of UR's like Finlandia but I'm not sure what she can do to improve her PCS scores. She used to score well internationally but it seems now that the US Federation seems to have dumped her so have the international judges. :/ Either way I'm still going to be sad. :( And possibly mad if she does great but is still lowballed ...

That being said, I like Mirai's FS but I'm not feeling her SP at all. She just hasn't found something on the level of "Pirates of the Caribbean" or better yet, something that would have surpassed it.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I shall keep my hope low for Mirai, so she wont leave me sad. :popcorn:
No matter what the score/result, her FS this year is GREAT to see! (I was at Finlandia)

Zijun Li has withdrawn.
Shame, was any reason given? She was unexpectedly subdued at CoC, I thought at the time she must be ill or something.

Radionova was injured a week ago.
o_O Is it serious? She's still on the ISU list for NHK...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Radionova has a sprained foot last week, but she will compete in NHK
not sure if its a serious injury

bluesky85

On the Ice
My prediction for the ladies:

1. Mao Asada
2 & 3. Elena Radionova or Gracie Gold
4. Akiko Suzuki
5 & 6. Mirai Nagasu or Satoko Miyahara
7 & 8. Alena Leonova or Valentina Marchei
9. Elene Gedevanishvili
10. Zijun Li (She probably hasn't recovered from her injury/puberty issues... :( )

After reading the practice report, I change my mind.

1. Mao Asada
2 & 3. Gracie Gold or Akiko Suzuki
4. Satoko Miyahara (Her jumps seem to have improved over the off-season.)
5. Elena Radionova (Ankle injury)
6 & 7. Mirai Nagasu or Valentina Marchei
8 & 9. Alena Leonova or Elene Gedevanishvili