Agnes Zawadzki
(Kaetlyn Osmond - WITHDRAWN)

Men

Brian Joubert
Peter Liebers
Tatsuki Machida
Artur Gachinski
Maxim Kovtun
Konstantin Menshov (replaced Evgeni Plushenko)
Javier Fernandez
Richard Dornbush
Joshua Farris
Misha Ge (replaced Kevin Reynolds)

Pairs

Kirsten Moore-Towers / Dylan Moscovitch
Aliona Savhcenko / Robin Szolkowy
Narumi Takahashi / Ryuichi Kihara
Julia Antipova / Nodari Maisuradze
Vera Bazarova / Yuri Larionov
Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov
Lindsay Davis / Rockne Brubaker (replaced Britney Simpson / Matthew Blackmer)
Alexa Scimeca / Chris Knierim

Ice Dance

Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier
Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje
Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron
Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev
Ksenia Monko / Kirill Khaliavin
Ekaterina Riazanova / Ilia Tkachenko
Siobkan Heekin-Canedy / Dmitri Dun
Madison Chock / Evan Bates

ice coverage

Record Breaker

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also the TBA spots went to Gosviani, Gachinsky, Monko/Khaliavin, and Stolbova/Klimov.

Bea

On the Ice
Misha Ge will replace Kevin Reynolds. He finally gets to compete at a Grand Prix event. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So happy for Misha!

Very cute post from Misha on Instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/gdZaxXnH9a/

"Guess what i received? " #CupOfRussia "Thanks everyone for this opportunity!" P.S.Just today morning finished Choreo for my two New* Programs and and at night receive invitation for #CupOfRussia wasn't prepared for that , there only 12 days left and today was first full run-trough of programs #WillDoBestWhatICan and Will need #PutItToTheLimit. Im going for 10st place for this competition :) the most important for me is participation :)

Dude, Jason Brown and Misha Ge need to be at a competition together. The amount of sunny personality overload would be :rock:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I do wonder about whether this is a political injury-after all if Plushenko were to skate & do well at CoR, it might well have helped keep Kovtun out of the GPF. It is a very packed men's field there - significantly less so with Plushenko's withdrawal. Since Plushenko has already gotten his qualifying scores at Volvo Cup, the competition serves no particular purpose for him, I would think.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Clearly it is a programmed withdraw, did he need the zilionth CoR medal, risk injury, overload his preparation and expose himself not 100% prepared? I never thought he would go and I m sure the decision is the right one. He stated himself after Volvo
"I just haven't decided yet whether to perform at Moscow stage of ISU Grand Prix circuit," he said.
"My main goal is my fourth Olympics, where I want to earn a place at the podium. And I'm ready to change my plans radically to prepare for the Games in the best possible way."

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Do you think he will skip either Russian Nationals or Europeans?

highly his CoR was a political withdrawal, this was hinted few months back he may not compete at all, so no surprise there
he needs some tweaking on his programs and more preparation, I'm ure he wont compete both at Nationals and Europeans to decrease the chance of injury

I think he will skip Nationals and go to Europeans to get feedback from an international ISU panel for his programs

seniorita

Record Breaker
Do you think he will skip either Russian Nationals or Europeans?
Europeans is just two weeks before team event's short program, so while I would be pretty sure he would skip the nationals and go to Euros, now I dont know. For all skaters this team event dates are not a good deal but for Euro competitors worse.. If he thinks he is too competitive he will go Euros, if not, maybe skatign at Sochi Ice would be enough for him, no matter how he will skate there I dont believe Kovtun would do better, yes I know he was second in CoC but thats not Sochi..
Plushenko is one of the faces of Russia for Olys in their campaign, I think he wont risk Euros and Cor and RN for this.

Country
Russia
No surprise there, they want a lesser threat for Kovtun to medal and go through the GPF
Menshov has best score and place of Russian Men who competed at one GP Event and may be substitute.
So no surprize that he is substitute.