Spill your real hopes | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Spill your real hopes

Lota

Record Breaker
Takahashi for gold, or at least any medal. Akiko on the podium... Davis/White for gold. But most of all, I'd like to see extraordinary, phenomenal programs and competitive skating with as few mistakes as possible.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
But most of all, I'd like to see extraordinary, phenomenal programs and competitive skating with as few mistakes as possible.
I could not agree more! I am terrified to even visit the forum post-Sochi if there are not CLEAR winners in every discipline. I wish all the skaters would skate well; then we could argue only about the judges' decisions but the skaters would be blameless. ;)

Poice

Final Flight
Men: I want to see Hanyu with OGM and Takahashi on the podium.
Ladies: For Mao - clean 8 triples program.
Pairs: Gold for V/T.
Dance: Gold for dark horses - that would be a great shock :D

ForeverFish

Medalist
If I could hold the world in the palm of my hand...

Ladies': Yuna wins, is cemented as one of the greatest of all time. Gracie and Ashley bring the US ladies' medal drought to an end with silver and bronze, respectively.

Men's: Javi for gold. Enough said. Yuzuru and Max (with five clean quads) can battle it out for second and third.

Dance: D/W, C/B, Shib/Shib

Pairs: Anything goes; I don't watch much pairs skating.

US team: Gracie (2014 US champion), Ashley, Mirai; Max and Josh; D/W, C/B, and S/S
Russian team: Adelina and Julia; Plushenko; I/K for one of the dance spots

That would be great, Deedee! So much less tense if we could just have a tie for each discipline.

It's interesting how many of us are merely lukewarm about pairs during this Olympic cycle, compared to how we feel about the other three disciplines. I thought it was just me. Whereas ice dancing has gotten so much more interesting in the last decade or so. Almost everyone is impassioned about ice dance.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Michelle Kwan oooops wrong era, sorry. :biggrin:

Daisuke all the way, Gold baby!

Gold would be appropriate for Caro the Goddess on Ice!

Meryl and Charlie, simply the best IMO deserves Gold!
Anna and Luca (love them) on the podium!

Aliona and Robin cuz they are my favorite Pairs Team!

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
Yeah, everyone would love if Michelle won the Gold in Sochi! :biggrin:

That would be pretty sweet. I almost never use such idioms. That is how great I think it would be.

Perhaps only a bit more realistically (I hope not), my dream is that Czisny makes the US Olympic team and finishes in the top 10 at the Olympics.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
I dont care which medal but as long as Carolina gets a medal i will be so happy

Also Aliona and robin for pairs gold. They deserve it

babyalligator

On the Ice
ultimately, may the best athlete win, but...
men: Takahashi winning gold would make the Olympics for me.
silver: Ten or Chan

women: I hope to see Kim win the gold medal and indisputably claim her place among the sport's greatest.
silver: Asada or Gold

pairs: no particular opinion

dance: Davis and White FTW!!! lol. pardon me, but july 4th was just yesterday.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'd like Takahito Kozuka to return to full health and make the Japanese Olympic team, Daisuke Takahashi on the Olympic podium, Carolina Kostner on the Olympic podium, Gracie Gold to win her first senior international event (any one), Jason Brown to land his first quad, and Ross Minor and Castelli & Shnapir on the US Olympic team. Kevin Reynolds to beat Patrick Chan at one event. . Moore-Towers & Moscovitch on the Olympic podium. And D&W for the Olympic win in dance

ffionhanathomas

On the Ice
Czisny, Gao and Wagner to be on the US olympic ladies team, and Brown, Rippon or Miner for men. But I love the others ahhhh..too difficult! Don't mind about pairs, but for ice dance, definitely the Shibutanis and Davis & White, but don't mind who the 3rd spot goes to...Chock and Bates are my next favourites I guess!

Would love to see Liza, Adelina, Konstantin & Evgeni at Sochi competing.

Ladies - 1st Mao, 2nd Czisny, 3rd Carolina, but love others also, especially would like to see Tuktamysheva in top 5, being a home Olympics and everything.

Men - Chan, Takahashi, Hanyu, Fernandez, Plushenko, Ge for podium.

Pairs - S/S for gold. I'd love Trankov and Volosozhar, Duhamel and Radford, Purdy and Marinaro and James and Cipres to be on the podium also.

Dance - D/W for Gold, P/B for silver, V/M for bronze, and C/B to skate their best.

It's so hard to choose though, I love so many skaters and would love to see everyone skate their best!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'd wish for Konstantin Menshov to be at Sochi, but that would mean Evgeni Plushenko would not be there, but it's a terrible thing altogether.

I know! Menshov to win men's Worlds :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'd wish for Konstantin Menshov to be at Sochi, but that would mean Evgeni Plushenko would not be there, but it's a terrible thing altogether.

I know! Menshov to win men's Worlds :)

Too many Russian men who I want to go, not enough places :(

I would dearly love to see Menshov win some kind of big title this year. Just to really give his fed the "up yours".

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I would really love and it would be ideal if Scott Hamilton was banned from commentating at Sochi along with Dick Button if he is still alive.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I would really love and it would be ideal if Scott Hamilton was banned from commentating at Sochi along with Dick Button if he is still alive.

I don't think Scott Hamilton is any worse than most USA commentators. Don't worry, Button is retired. But I so wish he wasn't.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

I'm with you. He and Sandra blew the whole B&S/S&P thing way out of proportion. Yes, the decision was controversial but they acted like the ordinals should have been 9-0, and that no objective person could say B&S should have won.