Spill your real hopes | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Spill your real hopes

chloepoco

Medalist
I'd like Takahito Kozuka to return to full health and make the Japanese Olympic team, Daisuke Takahashi on the Olympic podium, Carolina Kostner on the Olympic podium, Gracie Gold to win her first senior international event (any one), Jason Brown to land his first quad, and Ross Minor and Castelli & Shnapir on the US Olympic team. Kevin Reynolds to beat Patrick Chan at one event. . Moore-Towers & Moscovitch on the Olympic podium. And D&W for the Olympic win in dance

Yes!! I'd love for Kozuka to make the Olympics, and better yet, to medal!!!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I'm with you. He and Sandra blew the whole B&S/S&P thing way out of proportion. Yes, the decision was controversial but they acted like the ordinals should have been 9-0, and that no objective person could say B&S should have won.

I know I sound like a broken record but ITA in part because under 6.0 the tie breaker was artistry so if you had S and P first technically and B and S second but B and S first artistically and S and P second look who wins - B and S

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
On a side note what happened to Sandra Bezic choreographing skaters programs (not exhibitions or shows)? For a while she was THE choreographer. I f you had her tack on ten marks. She made Brian Boitano "appear" artistic. She probably taught him that stare into the sky and how to milk his spread eagle. She was bigger than Zueva, bigger than Wilson et al.

Becki

Medalist
I'd like Takahito Kozuka to return to full health and make the Japanese Olympic team, Daisuke Takahashi on the Olympic podium, Carolina Kostner on the Olympic podium, Gracie Gold to win her first senior international event (any one), Jason Brown to land his first quad, and Ross Minor and Castelli & Shnapir on the US Olympic team. Kevin Reynolds to beat Patrick Chan at one event. . Moore-Towers & Moscovitch on the Olympic podium. And D&W for the Olympic win in dance

This seems quite realistic, and I hope most of these happens too!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm with you. He and Sandra blew the whole B&S/S&P thing way out of proportion. Yes, the decision was controversial but they acted like the ordinals should have been 9-0, and that no objective person could say B&S should have won.

And their commentary during Plushenko's LP in Vancouver was a disgrace. They were openly disrespecting him and disparaging him during the program. Their bias was absolutely ridiculous.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
V/M to defend their Olympic titles(I guess I'm one of the minority here;))

You're not alone, vera :). Hope that Virtue/Moir will win the dance gold again. (Not to be greedy, but a team medal for Canada would be icing on the cake.)
Hope that the Shibutanis will qualify for Sochi and will reach at least one podium.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Davis and White to win Gold. Just gotta happen. and anyone but Yu-na to win ladies event. not to sound mean, but she already had the glory.

Skater Boy:
Sandra is not longer working as a choreographer because it would be a conflict on interest with her role as commentator for NBC. The Network must be paying her handsomely to give up a fabulous career.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
I already posted my overall wishes/dreams, but here are my hopes for the U.S. team:

Ladies: Wagner, Gold, Gao

Men: Aaron and Brown (although I'd be fine with Miner/Lysacek replacing Brown if either are back on their game)

Pairs: Castelli/Shnapir and Scimeca/Knierim (but if Castelli/Shnapir don't do well this year, I'd reluctantly support Denney/Coughlin or, if they don't return
to form, Zhang/Bartholomay)

Dance: Davis/White, Chock/Bates, Hubbell/Donohue (I love the Shibs, but their programs were so boring last year; if it's the same this year, I'd rather see H/D go; I really like them)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Men: Aaron and Brown (although I'd be fine with Miner/Lysacek replacing Brown if either are back on their game)

Ooooh. Seen a lot of interesting combinations so far but never this one. ;) I like it.

SkateSkates

Medalist
My main hopes are that everyone stays healthy this season and that the podiums are full of people who deserve it based on their performance on that night, not previous seasons or reputations. I hope the ladies event brings as high competition as in 2010 and the ladies don't melt down under pressure. I hope that Hanyu and Fernandez make the olympic podium. I hope that Kozuka makes the olympic team. Finally, I hope that Kostner and Asada have those perfect olympic skates that have eluded them so they can retire happily.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
My main hopes are that everyone stays healthy this season and that the podiums are full of people who deserve it based on their performance on that night, not previous seasons or reputations. I hope the ladies event brings as high competition as in 2010 and the ladies don't melt down under pressure. I hope that Hanyu and Fernandez make the olympic podium. I hope that Kozuka makes the olympic team. Finally, I hope that Kostner and Asada have those perfect olympic skates that have eluded them so they can retire happily.
Absolutely agree!! At worlds this year the competition was very tough, but a lot of good skaters (gedevanishvili, liza, suzuki, marchei, I think that we can include also wagner and mao) didn't perform their best: I want to see a lot of clean skates in sochi!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ooooh. Seen a lot of interesting combinations so far but never this one. ;) I like it.

Ditto. A great technician working on his artistry and a great artist working to up his technical content.

Having gotten a sneak peak at Jason's program, I want to see Max's.

I'm just not enamored of any of the other US men, although a part of me would like to see Evan in Sochi with Plushy.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Davis and White to win Gold. Just gotta happen. and anyone but Yu-na to win ladies event. not to sound mean, but she already had the glory.

Skater Boy:
Sandra is not longer working as a choreographer because it would be a conflict on interest with her role as commentator for NBC. The Network must be paying her handsomely to give up a fabulous career.

Thanks. though I have downloaded some performances where Kurt Browning did some choreography work and he commentated.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
You're not alone, vera :). Hope that Virtue/Moir will win the dance gold again. (Not to be greedy, but a team medal for Canada would be icing on the cake.)
Hope that the Shibutanis will qualify for Sochi and will reach at least one podium.

I think we can make logical and illogical reasons for why certain people deserve to win - though this link is about our hopes so rationale can go out the window. I would love to reward (which is not part of COP or anything) Virtue and Moir for pushing ice dancing and at least really trying different things. Sadly that is why D and W probably will win. I would love to see Mao win gold or a Russian lady for the pure thrill. Mao sadly may have been at her peak before she was Olympic eligibile. Kim has her gold, Kostner has had more gifts than Johnny Weir has designer bags lol. As for men so many. I love love Dai. I don't want Javier to fluke out at Oly's but the timing might be right - Id' rather see him in the next quad but something tells me he might win or be second. But my heart would love to see Canada - Reynolds or chan win gold as they have been the Susan Lucci's for men's skating for years. Orser, Orser,Stoijko, Stoijko, Buttle and that doesn't include Patrick or Kurt Browning. Part of me is cheering for the Germans in pairs but I really find them a bit tired. LIke they have not grown any more. I would be thrilled with a K and S medal in pairs - just to show the world.

Dragonlady

Final Flight
Skater Boy:

Not true. Bezic worked as a choreographer even after she started doing commentary for NBC. People used to remark on how fawning she was over skaters she had worked with in her commentary.

What caused Bezic to quit working with competitive skaters was CoP. She had no interest in learning what she would need to know as a choreographer to successfully create programs under the new judging system. That she hasn't even bothered to learn about the system really shows in her commentary.

centerpt1

On the Ice
Hopes?

Ladies-
Miki Ando -Gold (just because she has been through so much-it would be wonderful to see her win despite the Japanese Fed )
Kim Yuna- Silver she really is the best right now
Valentina Marchei Bronze- she's fun to watch and doesn't pretend

Men-
Plushenko-Gold. Just because.
Abbott- Silver. I don't even think he has much chance to make the team this year, but he's my favorite current Men's skater, so I had to include him.
Kozuka- It would be great to see him come back strong this season

Dance-
Davis and White- great attitude
Weaver and Poje- I'd love to see them as the top Canadian dancers
Lynn and Logan (hopes right? Doesn't have to be reality)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
What caused Bezic to quit working with competitive skaters was CoP. She had no interest in learning what she would need to know as a choreographer to successfully create programs under the new judging system. That she hasn't even bothered to learn about the system really shows in her commentary.

:yes:

jennyanydots

On the Ice
Ladies:

Carolina Kostner gold
Mao Asada silver
Akiko Suzuki bronze

Yuna Kim not there
Alissa Czisny making the Olympic team, preferably as national champion (one can always dream), along with Mirai Nagasu and Christina Gao. I guess I'm a sucker for the sentimental favorites that never deliver or are under appreciated.

Men:

Patrick Chan (ahem, skating clean) or Daisuke Takahashi gold
Yuzuru Hanyu bronze

Jeremy Abbott and Adam Rippon for the U.S. team. I know they've both had a million chances already but I would like to see them finally reach their potential. Unfortunately there's no third spot because I'd also like to see Max Aaron there.

quikrush

Rinkside
Yuna, Daisuke and V/M to win.
I've never really rooted for anyone in pairs since PangTong retired.

And most of all, fair judging. Naturally.

vera01

Final Flight
Yuna, Daisuke and V/M to win.
I've never really rooted for anyone in pairs since PangTong retired.

And most of all, fair judging. Naturally.

ITA, but P/T competed at this year's Worlds and placed fifth. Do you mean Shen/Zhao?