Joshua Farris | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Joshua Farris

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Here is an adorable interview from the last show in Seattle.

My favourite quotes:

“I cannot articulate how much fun I have had and how much I have grown as a person and an athlete,” Farris said on the final night of the show. He also admitted that one of the best things that came out of the show for himself personally, was his relationship with fellow skater, Jason Brown. “We’re officially really good friends now,” Joshua shared, as he has previously struggled with keeping his personal friendship with Brown separate from his competitive interactions with him.

And some exciting news about the new program!

For this upcoming season, Joshua plans to work with Jeffrey Buttle, choreographer for Stars on Ice, for his short program and has decided to keep his free skate to Schindler's List, but will revamp a bit. “I want everybody in the audience to cry and I did not reach that goal, so this next year prepare to ball your eyes out,” Joshua said with a laugh.

*twitch* BAWL. It's "BAWL your eyes out". Eep.

Yay, a happy upbeat program by Jeff Buttle?!?!?!?! I'm so excited!

jimeonji

Final Flight
With many, many thanks to tumblr user justastori...

The magic.

:love:
thanks for the link! I officially like Joshua a lot now after watching that. Good artistry and indeed an awesome entry into that 3A plus a little layback ina bauer in there!! I watched his 2012 Jr Worlds long yesterday and enjoyed it as well (amazing music choice). I will definitely be watching him this coming season, especially that new Jeff-choreographed short :love:

(yay first post in the Joshua Farris thread)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
thanks for the link! I officially like Joshua a lot now after watching that. Good artistry and indeed an awesome entry into that 3A plus a little layback ina bauer in there!! I watched his 2012 Jr Worlds long yesterday and enjoyed it as well (amazing music choice). I will definitely be watching him this coming season, especially that new Jeff-choreographed short :love:

(yay first post in the Joshua Farris thread)

Welcome, new friend!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Joshua (and Lukas) definitely competed in Vail - someone on Twitter has a photo of herself with Josh and Lukas in costume - unfortunately it must have been after the FS as Lukas' was his Interview With The Vampire costume and Josh was in his grey Schindler's List! No news from Vail about the short program music, scores, or jumps landed - and unfortunately, if we follow the pattern of previous years, there's not likely to be.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
karne: Look, our boy band ;) can be all Colorado men:

Plus Max plus Jason plus maybe Jordan Moeller or Ryan Bradley. :laugh: (The ice dancers I mentioned previously will have to start their own Michigan band instead. :cool:)

Here is an adorable interview from the last show in Seattle.
*twitch* BAWL. It's "BAWL your eyes out". Eep. ...

Finally got around to reading this article.

You will be pleased to know that the writer has corrected her ball/bawl typo. :yes:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Joshua's SP confirmed as "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran.

:cry: :no: :cry: :no:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Joshua's SP confirmed as "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran.

:cry: :no: :cry: :no:

I actually liked this song for Yuzuru, but with the song costruction it will be hard to cut for 2:30min, I was hoping for a long program with it.

Joshua don´t look like the romantic type to me, but is a passionate song and it will be a crowd pleaser

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks to those at the Evening on Ice show, here is Joshua's new SP, Give Me Love!

I still don't like the song, but this is SOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL. :love:

Also, yay, I think the red shirt might be his actual costume. :love:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks to those at the Evening on Ice show, here is Joshua's new SP, Give Me Love!

I still don't like the song, but this is SOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL. :love:

Also, yay, I think the red shirt might be his actual costume. :love:

Glad that you like Josh's new SP.

Two small FYIs:

- Josh wore a red shirt for his SP at Vail this summer (per still photos).

- The title of the shows this weekend is An Evening with Champions, with the theme of Fire on Ice.
(An Evening on Ice is a completely unrelated U.S. fundraising show. Mentioning only to avoid confusion down the road if you refer back to last night's performance of his SP.)​

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
- The title of the shows this weekend is An Evening with Champions, with the theme of Fire on Ice.
(An Evening on Ice is a completely unrelated U.S. fundraising show. Mentioning only to avoid confusion down the road if you refer back to last night's performance of his SP.)

*facepalm* I knew that...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Now we know why his jumps weren't quite there at Evening with Champions :no:

Josh Farris also skated his new short program, choreographed by Jeff Buttle, to Ed Sheeran's "Give Me Love." He has just recovered from two different ankle sprains suffered in the past six weeks and toned down the jumps a bit. The program, however, is lovely, both delicate and powerful, and delivered with pathos. He says he'll be ready for his first Grand Prix event in China.

"I just started doing triple Axels again at the end of last week, so I'm a little undertrained," Farris said. "But I'm not stressing; I have plenty of time before my Grand Prix. I'm going to come back stronger."

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oof, having to drag Josh up from the fourth page! :no:

I can't wait to see him this weekend at NHK. I'm sure his programs are going to be gorgeous!

GF2445

Record Breaker
:( not a good skate from him today. I really think the song is a good match for him but those jumps... :,(

All thenbest for the free skate

leolion11

On the Ice
:( I really like the program but maybe today just wasn't his day :slink: I really thought he would be higher after the short sighs. Hope he will do his best for the free skate tomorrow!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
just watched Joshua, love the program and his innate musicality, he has everything..., wish him do his best tomorrow as well, that soulful SL. Good luck.
Some skater even if their scores are lowest in the rank, their videos are often the first couple people click to watch:yes: