Joshua Farris | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Joshua Farris

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
karne, the air position was not lost on me either :clap:

It's always been the thing that's struck me most about him - his air position is just so insanely good. There no-one's better.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Joshua's program is the first Schindler's List that make me in tear.

also please watch his SL last year at SC and Nationals, there are changes in choreo. but in all cases Joshua does one thing particular great that is every moves, including a speed change of spins, position change of spins (and of course every moves in step sequence) matched music structure/texture/mood perfectly. Joshua does details perfectly, little variation/nuances of moves, touches you, those things, no matter how great your choreographer is, they cannot teach you, you got to have that talent.

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
......would you believe that I had his Nationals SP up in another tab (I was checking to see if he'd done that little hop before his final jump, the 3Lz, because I hadn't noticed it before) & I'd accidentally linked that when I meant to link his 4CC perf?

:eek:: I'm so embarrassed :eek::

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I think we can all understand, satine ;)

Big fat :clap: to Josh for delivering! And I liked how after his skate, he looked a little like "yeah, I knew I could do that - pretty great, huh?" :biggrin:

Also in the K'n'C... when Kristy says something about the marks and he makes grabby hands and goes "give me love"... cuteness overload!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I think we can all understand, satine

Big fat :clap: to Josh for delivering! And I liked how after his skate, he looked a little like "yeah, I knew I could do that - pretty great, huh?" :biggrin:

Also in the K'n'C... when Kristy says something about the marks and he makes grabby hands and goes "give me love"... cuteness overload!

Thank you :eek:: I was a wee flustered from him lol.

Him & Shoma definitely win the cuteness award in the K&C :yes: And I noticed his relaxed little 'yeah, I did it' motion at the end of his skate too, it was the opposite of his rough fist pumping at Nats :laugh:

iceberg

On the Ice
What a natural skater. I'm such a huge fan of this Give Me Love program. My most favorite SP for men's this season. And his spins are so magical. His extensions are so natural. What a talent! He is really one of my all time faves!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Thank you :eek:: I was a wee flustered from him lol.

Him & Shoma definitely win the cuteness award in the K&C :yes: And I noticed his relaxed little 'yeah, I did it' motion at the end of his skate too, it was the opposite of his rough fist pumping at Nats :laugh:

The facte that he was so calm after that great SP makes me really optimistic about his LP! He knows he can do it :yes:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Post-SP comments in Seoul:

Joshua Farris (5th place, 84.29 SB)

I feel great. I was surprised the audience supported me so much. I thought I was an unknown dark horse, but maybe not. That’s exciting.

(on short program score without quad) I was surprised I beat a couple people that tried the quad. I was thinking about doing it in the short but from nationals to now wasn’t enough time to train it and it wasn’t super consistent with the footwork going into it. I’m going to work on it and 100 percent guaranteed will do it at worlds.

(on rebounding from a few down seasons) I have paid my dues. I was defeated after those almost two years. I learned so much from that and you only learn from your mistakes and I have had a lot of them.

(on free skate) I have been training very well. Nothing has really changed from our nationals so I’m expecting to skate very well and do the quad in the long program.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker

I feel great. I was surprised the audience supported me so much. I thought I was an unknown dark horse, but maybe not. That’s exciting.

(on short program score without quad) I was surprised I beat a couple people that tried the quad. I was thinking about doing it in the short but from nationals to now wasn’t enough time to train it and it wasn’t super consistent with the footwork going into it. I’m going to work on it and 100 percent guaranteed will do it at worlds.

(on rebounding from a few down seasons) I have paid my dues. I was defeated after those almost two years. I learned so much from that and you only learn from your mistakes and I have had a lot of them.

(on free skate) I have been training very well. Nothing has really changed from our nationals so I’m expecting to skate very well and do the quad in the long program.

Thanks. I think Josh will be fighting for the podium at Worlds if he has the quad in both programs. Now please stay healthy...

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Thanks. I think Josh will be fighting for the podium at Worlds if he has the quad in both programs. Now please stay healthy...

I don't want to get ahead of myself or be too optimistic - but it's definitely possible. We need a surprise medalist again, and Josh would really deserve it!

Thanks golden for the comments. It's so adorable that he was surprised the audience supported him that much :)

andromache

Record Breaker

Thank you for posting! It's wonderful to see him going into the FS with confidence. He's probably (definitely) my favorite skater in competition this season. I can't wait to see his FS tomorrow night/Saturday morning. :biggrin:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Another beautifully skated program from Josh! Love this young man's skating! Good luck to him in the FS,
fingers crossed that he can medal!

KKonas

Medalist
Love this SP from Josh. Although Denis Ten skated well to win SP here, I'd much prefer to see Josh skate to "Caruso." Maybe one day. Wish him the best in the FS.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another beautifully skated program from Josh! Love this young man's skating! Good luck to him in the FS, fingers crossed that he can medal!

He is definitely in striking distance for Bronze, so good luck to him!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I don't want to get ahead of myself or be too optimistic - but it's definitely possible. We need a surprise medalist again, and Josh would really deserve it!
He would have to deliver, of course. Not just "plan" the quads. But the judges really went with him even though he has no international rep, came in as USA #3, and didn't have a quad in the SP (which does affect PCS). If he does well at 4CC, goes into Worlds with momentum, and delivers two clean programs... Of course, clean programs aren't easy, but at least he controls his own destiny--when he skates well, the judges reward him.