Joshua Farris | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Joshua Farris

rite of spring

Rinkside
Yeah he deserved higher GOE on the axel.
Let's keep it real. The 3A Josh, Denis, Shoma and Han did were all +2 qualities according to the GOE criteria in the ISU guideline.
I'm sure he will be rewarded soon.

KKonas

Medalist
I agree. It seems like the judges are prize "overtly difficult entry" over the height, flow, and deftness of landing on the jump itself. :disapp:

Well, Josh did land the 3A on his toe, which is probably why he didn't get a higher GOE. It also wasn't as light and airy as his 3A SP at Nationals, which should have gotten a +3 GOE.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well, Josh did land the 3A on his toe, which is probably why he didn't get a higher GOE. It also wasn't as light and airy as his 3A SP at Nationals, which should have gotten a +3 GOE.
But his 3A still has more height, flow and deftness over most guys at 4CC. Only Denis Ten and Han Yan did better in 3A that day.
But well... We all know he has little chance against the judges. He lacks exposure and not the favourite.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
This is a good step. If he does a few more clean performances, the judges will pay more attention to him in no time.
He's got a good shot at the podium. So, go Joshua!
It is like this for many skaters who have been inconsistent in the past. Once they have a few good performances under their belts, their scores begin to grow. I may not agree with it, but it has been true for all the skaters.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I seriously don't think he get hight probability to get on the podium. He should have been 2th/3th with Han Yan, but he's 5th here. I only hope that he will stay in the top 5. As I have to admit, he's not really consistent in the LP.

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
While I too think his score could have been a little higher, I don't really think the judges held him back. Without the ! on the flip and with lv 4 steps he would have hit 86+ - as much as Jason got after all his yadda yadda last season (nationals!) for a clean skate at the Olympics (were the scores tend to be high overall). Joshua got +2 and even +3 on the steps and high GOE for the spins too. The PCS could have been a little higher, but nearly 40 is still pretty good.

I'm very sure, if he skates the LP like he did the SP, the judges are going to go with him. A clean skate, and he's going to be on that podium! :cheer:

chairmanmao

Final Flight
I think he should have had 85 plus for that performance. The 7's in components that he received are just absurd.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think he should have had 85 plus for that performance. The 7's in components that he received are just absurd.
Well but we have to admit he lacks exposure, and he's not famous for consistency. The judges tend to reward him less. I hope he will be alright. Nails his LP in a decent way.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I seriously don't think he get hight probability to get on the podium. He should have been 2th/3th with Han Yan, but he's 5th here. I only hope that he will stay in the top 5. As I have to admit, he's not really consistent in the LP.

Are you by any chance anti-jinxing him? :) ;)

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Lol, I was one of maybe 3 people who predicted Josh would make the podium in the Prediction game (with a little more than 60 people participating). I'll try it with optimism and positive energy instead of anti-jinxing :laugh:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
If my anti-jinxing work then I might have participated in the prediction game.
but well... I am just trying to be realistic. Less expectation less pain.

Well okay. But remember, last time I saw you say someone probably won't/shouldn't medal, he won the GPF :laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well okay. But remember, last time I saw you say someone probably won't/shouldn't medal, he won the GPF :laugh:
I didn't expect that. Once in a blue moon.
But here it is too easy to expect. Josh is loved by the judges but not enough. The judges love someone more.

Warwick360

Medalist
I didn't expect that. Once in a blue moon.
But here it is too easy to expect. Josh is loved by the judges but not enough. The judges love someone more.

Hence, "LOVE ME" ....""LOVE ME"...."LOVE ME"....."GIVE ME LOVE"....:laugh:

jwren

Rinkside
Hence, "LOVE ME" ....""LOVE ME"...."LOVE ME"....."GIVE ME LOVE"....:laugh:

Definitely a fitting music choice for this year! Building up those reputation points... I've always enjoyed Josh's beautiful skating, but it's impossible not to love him after that sp!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think it's more that Josh needs to get reacquainted with international judges. Josh was the 2013 World Junior champion but then haven't been able to make a huge splash as senior internationally due to his injuries. However, I don't think the judges totally forgot about him either

andromache

Record Breaker
All I want for Valentine's Day is a clean FS from Josh. That's not too much for a single lady to ask, is it??

Although of course I will enjoy his skating either way, and his program will be beautiful no matter how the jumps are landed.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Photos of Josh at Four Continents:

From his comments on Twitter and Instagram, sounds as if he is feeling optimistic going into the FS. :yay:

This tweet from Josh was pre-Seoul, but I love that @ISU_Reporter retweeted it :yes::

Last edited: