Akiko Suzuki: Happy Skating! | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki: Happy Skating!

minze

Medalist
I love Everything about akiko I hope her last season will be her best. Her programs last season were my favorite. I also love her attitude, when she is on the podium no matter the color of the medal she seems so happy and so greatful to be there.
I also love her story of not giving up and it has paid up, she will retire knowing that she did her best. I would love to see akiko on the podium, but if it doesnt happen, she will go out as a champion in life for overcoming so many things

christinaskater

Medalist
I really didn't understand fully the article :)

Context clues mates! I love Akiko and I wish her all the best next season!

I am just dying to see her skate to "Phantom of The Opera". I think she is the skater with the fire , grace and power to be the perfect Christine on the ice.
Her musical interpretation is just top notch.

This is her latest skate from an exhibition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCBqRuKLcj4

skateluvr

Record Breaker
agreed, she's in a rare group. Right now only Osmund skates like a real seasoned performer. It would be great to see Akiko get the OGM. She is never imo over marked , but undermarked.

christinaskater

Medalist
She is truly a gem! A rare gift to the sport. A supreme artist. I need to go to the World Championships in Saitama to watch her! I am so excited to see her skate "The Phantom of the Opera". Pasquale and Akiko are a match made in heaven. Massimo is also glorious.

Akiko's soul becomes one with the music. The connection she gets sends chills down the spine.

lcd

Match Penalty
Akiko's longevity in the sport is quite exceptional and impressive. I wonder what she has done to be able to continue at such a high level for such a long period of time. I know that she had some difficult times and health issues when she was younger. She seems to have found the keys to her sustainability. Kudos to her for that :agree:

christinaskater

Medalist
Akiko's longevity in the sport is quite exceptional and impressive. I wonder what she has done to be able to continue at such a high level for such a long period of time. I know that she had some difficult times and health issues when she was younger. She seems to have found the keys to her sustainability. Kudos to her for that :agree:

I think it's truly her love and passion for the sport. When she skates you feel her pain, her dedication, passion and joy. She has not lived a princess life and has faced so many adversities in her life and her career. I think that give her that appreciation for her life and her sport.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the video clips. Beautifully skated programs, loved it!

minze

Medalist
In the knew skating lesson video this and that. Dave and Jenny finally acknowledged what we all knew Akiko skates from her heart. And that is why I love Akiko she is beautiful to watch. Her programs are moving and I am glad Dave said that because in the past he had dissed akiko

aftertherain

Record Breaker
In the knew skating lesson video this and that. Dave and Jenny finally acknowledged what we all knew Akiko skates from her heart. And that is why I love Akiko she is beautiful to watch. Her programs are moving and I am glad Dave said that because in the past he had dissed akiko

TSL has praised her before. I think the "meanest" thing they ever said about her was that she lacked that "killer instinct" and "attack" that we see in many of the other elite skaters and that's what has prevented her from rising to the very top.

minze

Medalist
TSL has praised her before. I think the "meanest" thing they ever said about her was that she lacked that "killer instinct" and "attack" that we see in many of the other elite skaters and that's what has prevented her from rising to the very top.

Ok good. But Dave said something about her that I disagreed with. He said she is not a memorable skater. I think she is memorable because the commitment she has to her programs is up there. However, that said I love the skating lesson. And Dave is entitle to his opinion about a skater