Liberty 2013 Summer Competition July 16th to 20th | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Liberty 2013 Summer Competition July 16th to 20th

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone have any news about Elene Gedevanishvili new SP ? At this times, she have completed her Short program normally :rolleye:

Somes report please about her skate :cool:

From BreakfastClub over at FSU:

Gedevanishvi sp to sviridovsnowstorm. Heavy, ponderous and missed every jump. Hard fall on lutz, 2t-2t, 1ax.

Someone also mentioned about her having a new coach as well.

MasterB

Final Flight
I recorded, Elena, Samantha and two other girls. Will upload on Sunday night. Will try to record some more tomorrow.

mskater93

Record Breaker
I bet Cesario got no credit for the FSSp - it didn't fly and a CCoSp2 because she didn't attain the camel position/coe for 2 full revs

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Samantha was wonderful, and so was Keegan! Sorry, I'm no "techie," but loved their short program performances!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
From BreakfastClub over at FSU:

Gedevanishvi sp to sviridovsnowstorm. Heavy, ponderous and missed every jump. Hard fall on lutz, 2t-2t, 1ax.

Someone also mentioned about her having a new coach as well.
:cry: after her beautiful SC 2012 SP, she has never skated a good program...
Great performance by the way from Samantha Cesario :agree: and Good triple loop/Triple loop combo!
Great performance!! :clap: I really hope they'll give her that SA spot, she really deserves it! :popcorn:

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Popping in quickly to say that links to official results sheet photos for Jr Men SP, Juv Boys FS, Int Men SP, Jr Ladies SP Final, Nov Men SP, Nov Ladies SP Final, Jr Ladies SP A & B (Wed.), and Int Ladies SP Final are on my Twitter page: http://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen
I had to leave before the Sr Pairs SP, sorry. Look for more tweets on Friday!QUOTE]

Where is Amelie Lacoste ?
She is not in the top 10 in the SP ?
If she have not present herself here, it's ridiculous. I suppose that she was scare to be beat by other young canadian skater. Seriously, we don't care of it. By doing this, she shows that she has not improve her mental and she is scare of not doing well.

She will never have the olympic spot, if she doesn't show confidence in her presence and her skating.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Amelie Lacoste did not skate. Ashley Cain won the LP. Veronik Mallet second. Yasmin Siraj 3rd. Samantha Cesario 4th (she doubled a lot of jumps, but landed the 3Lp3Lp again).

Luiz Manella (Brazil) won both the SP & LP in senior men's, Keegan Messing 2nd in both, Alex Zahradnicek (France) 3rd.

Last edited:

geoskate

On the Ice
Where is Amelie Lacoste ?

On the scoring sheets that have been tweeted by Sylvia she is not listed as a withdrawal (or if she is, I missed it). Has it been confirmed that she ever registered?

I won't be quite so blunt as coolboogie22, but I will say that it is unfortunate that she wasn't here. Three major things are required to become a very good figure skater, IMO: talent, a great work ethic, and the ability to skate well under pressure (ile. do in competition what you can do in practice). Amalie has the first two attributes, but not the third. She and her coaches don't seem to have figured out how to address her inability to compete as she practices, which really is what is holding her back at this point. IMOi one of the solutions is to compete a lot, one of the things that Amalie has not done. This is one of the things that people like Gabrielle Daleman and Alaine Chartrand have done. Now some of the younger Quebec skaters are doing it as well. I really wish she would follow in their footsteps. Perhaps it wouldn't cure her inability to compete well, but it probably would help to some extent, and it certainly couldn't hurt.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
On the scoring sheets that have been tweeted by Sylvia she is not listed as a withdrawal (or if she is, I missed it). Has it been confirmed that she ever registered?

I won't be quite so blunt as coolboogie22, but I will say that it is unfortunate that she wasn't here. Three major things are required to become a very good figure skater, IMO: talent, a great work ethic, and the ability to skate well under pressure (ile. do in competition what you can do in practice). Amalie has the first two attributes, but not the third. She and her coaches don't seem to have figured out how to address her inability to compete as she practices, which really is what is holding her back at this point. IMOi one of the solutions is to compete a lot, one of the things that Amalie has not done. This is one of the things that people like Gabrielle Daleman and Alaine Chartrand have done. Now some of the younger Quebec skaters are doing it as well. I really wish she would follow in their footsteps. Perhaps it wouldn't cure her inability to compete well, but it probably would help to some extent, and it certainly couldn't hurt.

Does anyone know if Amelie's programs are ready yet? I haven't really been keeping up with the programs thread. If not, that would explain why she didn't show up.

RUKen

Rinkside
This competition had significantly fewer competitors (and spectators) than in previous years (though the proportion of skaters representing foreign federations in the senior events has risen). It is now hosted by the Ice Works Skating Club rather than the Liberty Figure Skating Club, and the name will be changed next year to something like "Philadelphia Summer Championships".

All of the above was a surprise to me--does anyone have more information about why the changes are occurring?

mskater93

Record Breaker
I am pretty sure Liberty FSC doesn't exist any more, so IWSC took it on and kept it going.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I have posted some of Saturday's performances on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/melissaGYT.
Thank you! :bow: I'm happy that Cesario is challenging herself, attempting that difficult 3-3 in both programs and the 3T in the FS (she didn't include it last year because she didn't have a 3-3, so I think that she hasn't trained it a lot last year), she had an off-day but I'm sure that she's capable of a good program and that she'll improve! If she doesn't receive that SA spot, I hope they give her a Senior B at least...

mariposa

Rinkside
I'm wondering if anyone knows where results/protocols are posted for senior ladies...can't find them anywhere...